Started by KiNoRonin, 2nd November 2005 16:42 in Halloween

1. #1 | 725581
    Pagan forum moderator
    BC Team
    Canada

NOV

Default Samhain Celebrations

My Samhain went off Well.

I got up at about 6:00am and immediately logged onto my Computer.

I have been a member of the Druid's Head Pub since Sept 2003, and about a month ago, I saw one of the members of the DHP mention The Druid Network.

So I Googled "The Druid Network", and I found druidnetwork.org. So I clicked onto the website and surfed it over. I read over Druidnetwork.org for about a couple of weeks and then decided that I would join first thing in the morning of Samhain.

So when I logged onto my Computer, I subcribed onto druidnetwork.org.

Then I cleaned and sterilized 9 Two Litre Pop Bottles and bottled up my 2003 Samhain Spiced Apple Honey Mead.

I then got dressed up in my Druidistic Robes and headed off to my Office. I showed had to pick up my Paycheque, cash it, and then go buy some more Fireworks. All the whole time, I would use my Eucalyptus Crowned Blessing Staff to Bless anyone I saw who was in the Spirit of Samhain by wearing a Costume.

Once that was all done, I went to my Local Pub. When I arrived, I had my Tarot Deck with me. I announced that I was there Celebrating Samhain and that I was giving away Free Halloween Tarot Readings. Unfortunately, no one came forward wanting one, so I just ate my Hamburger and drank my two pints and then headed to the Grocery Store and bought about $50.00 worth of Candy.

When I got home, I set up my Portable Altar and 3 Jack-O-Lanterns in the Lobby, set up the Candy and then stood vigil. I had a couple of Witches, Soldiers show up. There was many many Ghouls, Vampires, Devils, and Wraiths showing up looking for Candy. I found that a lot of Girls were opting for dressing up as Princesses.

So I gave out Candy like Crazy until about 7:00pm. It was sufficiently dark by then, so I started getting out my $200.00 worth of Fireworks. I had a big volley of Fireworks at 7:00pm out front and back of the Apartment Building I manage, then went back to giving out Candy. I had blown off about half of my Fireworks. At about 8:30pm, I blew off the remaining Fireworks.

A lot of Tenants were Cheering from their Windows.

All the Fireworks were gone, I went to a Tenant's Suite who had invited me over for a Drink. I had one.

After that, I put in my tape of the Blair Witch Project. When that was over, I turned in for a nice restfull night, satisfied that everyone had enjoyed the Fireworks and no Property was Damaged or no one got hurt.

KNR
    Islam
    Is Not A
    Religion
    Of Peace

2. #2 | 725596
    The Forum Idiot
    United Kingdom

NOV

Default Re: Samhain Celebrations

Sounds like great fun.
    BORIS IS A WANKER!

3. #3 | 725614
    Amazeballs.

NOV

Wink Re: Samhain Celebrations

It does sound like fun, and good karma will rain upon you for it.

It must be rewarding to be so lavish on such occaisions. We spent about fifteen quid on decorations for Halloween, plus whatever the little parafin lamps Uncle Bill already had cost, and we had a fab time.

Scarlet Daggers and I bought each other a couple of little treats. I got a new buddha from her as a surprise, which is quite unrelated. xxx

4. #4 | 726655
    BC Member
    Ireland

NOV

It does sound like you had a good time Kino - but it was a typical American trick or treat night, not a celebration of Samhain in the traditional sense. I hope Two-White-Socks had some pie and enjoyed the fireworks.

5. #5 | 726963
    Pagan forum moderator
    BC Team
    Canada

NOV

View Quoted Post In 726655 Nimuae said:
    I hope Two-White-Socks had some pie and enjoyed the fireworks.

I am afraid that she spent the whole evening of Samhain in my Bedroom Hiding under the Bed from the First Skreecheroo to the finall Airbombs.

KNR
    Islam
    Is Not A
    Religion
    Of Peace

6. #6 | 904440
    Pagan forum moderator
    BC Team
    Canada

OCT

So does anyone have any good Halloween Stories to post about what they did Last Year?

KNR
    Islam
    Is Not A
    Religion
    Of Peace

7. #7 | 922783
    Pagan forum moderator
    BC Team
    Canada

NOV

This year, as part of my Samhain Celebrations, I planted an Oak Tree.

I had a Baby Oak Tree growing in a Pot of the Patio of the Apartment in which I lived during the time that I worked as Resident Manager.

First thing Samhain Morning, I took the Baby Oak Tree, and went down to Byrne Creek and found a nice place to plant it.

On Halloween Night, I did not get too much Fireworks. I just blew of Schreekeroos, a few Air Bombs, and a lot of Sparklers.

KNR
    Islam
    Is Not A
    Religion
    Of Peace

8. #8 | 1078568
    Pagan forum moderator
    BC Team
    Canada

NOV

Konnichi Wa to All:

In addition to my going to my going out Trick or Treating with my Nephew, I also participated in a Samhain Festival on the Saturday before on the 27th of October.

It is called the Procession of Lost Souls Festival.

Their URL for Information on the Festival is at:
    http://www.publicdreams.org/event_de...h=10&year=2007

Got there by 6:00pm and put on my Horrible and Scarey Grim Reapper Costume.

When the Festival got going, I would light Three Sparklers on my Grim Reapping Scythe and it must have looked Impressive as loads of Japanese Tourists were always asking to take a Picture with me.

There was all sorts of Displays and Food Booths on and the Procession was Very Impressive. Unfortunately, I did not bring my Camera, so I do not have any Piccies.

One Funny Thing, I ran into a Group of People who were Dressed Up as Characters from the Wizard Oz. When I ran into them, they were all Upset and Aggitated as they had lost their Dorothy in the Crowd! They had the Scarecrow, Tinman, Cowardly Lion, as well as a Wicked Witch with a Flying Monkey. I did not see a Wizard though. I sort of Joked at their Tinman that he did not have his Heart in the Job of looking after Dorothy very well, so the Wizard was not going to see him and therefore he was not going to get a Heart. He sort of Laughed.

The only problem was when I was participating in some Late Night Fireworks, the Rubber Grim Reapper Mask I had on was pressing agains my Glasses as well as my Face and that caused my Glassed Nose Bridge to Break In Half!

That sort of Ruined things for me after that. I immediately went home with the Broken Glasses.

Fortunately, I managed to get a Replacement Set of Frames Sunday Afternoon, so I was able to go to Work on Monday.

The Festival was a Blast and I am looking forward to going to Next Years Procession of Lost Souls.

Ki No Ronin
    Islam
    Is Not A
    Religion
    Of Peace

9. #9 | 1208508
    Pagan forum moderator
    BC Team
    Canada

OCT

Awens to All:

I am presently planning on Celebrating Samhain at my new Druidistic Friend Zoe's Place on the 31st, then go to an ADF Oakstone Druids Ritual on Saturday.

3X3
    Islam
    Is Not A
    Religion
    Of Peace

10. #10 | 1219449
    Pagan forum moderator
    BC Team
    Canada

NOV

Awens to All:

Here is the Story of my Samhain Celebrations last weekend.

The evening before, I prepared by Shaving my Beard and Moustache in order to make up the appearance of my Friend who Passed Away last January 1st.

I then went to work on Friday Morning, totally Dressed Up like the way my Friend used to like Dressing.

When my Supervisor showed up, he was Stunned to see me. He stated that he could barely recognize me.

I then showed him the Picture of my Friend Mark and explained the my Halloween Costume was a Memorial Dedication to him.

Then my Workmate showed up whose Halloween Costume was Jimi Hendrix, so we called him "Jimi" for the rest of the day

We then worked the day through. Everything was uneventfull.

Then got Permission from my Supervisor to take off at 2:30pm in order to get off to downtown Ladner Lordco in order to get a New Gas Cap for my Dodge Van.

They did not have one, but said that Richmond Lordco did have one. So I drove off to the Richmond Lordco and got there in fairly timely order.

I got the Gas Cap, and then headed off to Surrey to Zoe's Grove.

I left Richmond at about 3:30pm.

The Traffic Jam Was Incredible!!!

A lot of People left work early in order to start their Halloween Celebrations!

I did not get to Zoe's Grove until about 5:20 pm.

We then set about Celebrating Halloween by Handing Out Candy to Children and Racking the Leaves of her Grove.

A few Pictures were taken were taken. I got some shots of the Triple Star Earing that I found while Mowing the Lawn. Zoe took some Shots of me being Mark. I also got a couple of Good Shots of my Meetup Portable Altar.

Then Zoe did some Channeling for Katalinas's Spirit, my Wiccan Friend who Passed Away in the Past Years. For about 8 Months, she was constantly the only person to show up at the Meetups, and I even made her Assistant Organizer for a while.

Zoe stated something to the Affect that Katalina's Spirit is now part of the Portable Outdoor Fireplace that she had kept for me for about a year and a half. I had talked to her Husband about a year ago and he told me that they had actually used it several times for Family Special Occasions.

So I guess at one of the Occasions, Katalina must have Beamed Her Aura onto the Portable Outdoor Fireplace, and that is now standing in Zoe's Grove.

After Partying for a while, I retired about 10:00pm to my Camping Van and slept there until the next morning. That was when I drove home.

Then came Saturday Night, which my Landscaping Company's Year Ending Party.

Ever, in my usual fashion, Arrived an hour early. There was a couple of people already there.

I played some Pool and had a few Beers. Everyone was Jovial.

Then Dinner was laid on. It was Huge Piles of Roast Beef!!!

I ate so much that I ended up having to go out to the Camping Van and lay down for a while in order to Digest.

I figured that all I needed was to lay down until about 9:30pm and then get up and rejoin the Party. But then I heard coming from the House voices of a Speech being organized. So I thought: "Oh Shit! They are starting the Awards"!

So I got out of the Van and went in. They were starting the Award Announcements.

They gave out several Awards. Rob's Crew got Best Crew. Mitch got ICBC Award, and Strong Kendra got an Award for Outstanding Contributions to the 2008 Season.

Then my Supervisor got out a Letter that was Written from one of our Clients "South Pointe". It was a Letter of Appreciation for Supervisor and I for having come to the Rescue of one of their Residents when he Accidentally allowed his Vehicle to roll and hit him. Luckily, his Wife was in the Vehicle and was able to stop it before any more Damage was done.

My Supervisor and I called for Ambulance and I had made the Patient comfortable and took Vital Signs.

Then came the Company's Two Top Awards. Employee of the Year and The Iron Man.

First came the Iron Man. The Company Owner called for "Dave" and that was not for his Son. That was For Me!!!

I came forward and accepted my Award. I was so Happy.

My Work Comrad Tyler got the $1,000.00 Employee of the Year Bonus.

So then we did a Dangerous Gift Exchange. I ended up with a Bottle of Wine. I dont really like Wine that much, but my Brother does, so I will make that my Xmas Gift for my Brother.

After that, we all left. The Company Owner (A Retired Cop) agreed that I was in good enough condition to Drive, so I left.

All in all, it was a Fun Halloween!!!

TheDruid-3X3
    Islam
    Is Not A
    Religion
    Of Peace

Thread Information