Started by KiNoRonin, 13th June 2004 18:35 in Sport, Hobbies & Pastimes

1. #1 | 491566
    Pagan forum moderator
    BC Team
    Canada

JUN

Default The Canadamobile

Konnichi Wa to All:

This is the story of how I came by the automoble that I eventually christened as The Canadamobile.

I took up managing an apartment building in a local Vancouver area community called Marpole in 1998. Marpole is the community on the north side of the Fraser River just across the river from YVR Vancouver International Airport. The building I was managing was a three story building called Crown Court.

Just shortly after starting to manage this building, a resident of the building gave notice to move out. There was a old shit brown 1974 Ford Maverick sitting out back in the parking lot, and resident who gave notice informed me that it was owned by his grandfather. It only had 42 thousand miles on it. My tenancy customer explained that after fighting in WW2, that his grandfather had seen a lot of intense fighting, and in order to forget and settle his nerves, he had taken up drinking too much. Since he had turned into a total alcoholic after the war, he was never able to drive the car much, as he was tooooo drunk most of the time to drive anywhere. He then informed me that he had no use for the 74 Ford Maverick, so he let me have it for only $50.00 dollars Canadian.

I had once had a olive green 74 Maverick during the early to mid 1980s. It was a fairly reliable car with a V6 engine in it. So it was in 1998 that I got hold of this shit brown 74 Maverick. Before starting it, I went to replace the old high tension ignition cables, changed the oil, and put in a new distributor cap with new timing and points. When I went to remove the high tension wires, I discovered that this Maverick had 8 high tension cables, so this was a car with a 308 V8 engine.

I got the new parts put in and started the engine. The Maverick started up no problem, and the engine sounded very powerful.

I then drove it home to my underground garage parking spot next my workshop. I looked at the Maverick and decided that I hated it's shit brown colour. I then got some masking tape and a pile of old newpapers. I then covered over all the windows and chrome pieces with tape and newspaper. I went to the automobile supply store and bought 11 spray cans of Cherry Red automotive spray paint, and then proceeded to paint over the entire car.

After getting the car totally repainted, I was looking at it, and decided it needed a bit extra. I then got a cut out shape of a big Canadian Flag style Maple Leaf and taped it out on the center of the bonnet of the car. I then went and bought a can of Titanium White Van and Truck automotive spray paint and sprayed in the Maple Leaf with white spray paint.

I then christenned it: "The Canadamobile".

Since then, I have drove it full time for a year while looking after Crown Court during 1998 and 1999, and have drove it out to Regina Saskatchewan and back in the winter of 2001. I also got some automotive insurance on it to drive it to last years Calgary Stampede and back.

It was during driving out to the Calgary Stampede that I stopped into Vernon BC. In Vernon, there is a big military base that is reserved for training Army Cadets who are between 15 to 19 years old. That base was once used for training Canadian military troops for service in Europe during WW1 and WW2. I, myself, spent a Summer in 1880 training as a military cadet in Vernon Army Cadet Camp. While on my way to Calgary Stampede, I stopped in Vernon, and drove around the base for a while. The camp was getting organized for the Summers training, and several military cadets leaders and instructors were there. When I drove through the camp, several of the cadet leaders took notice of my patriotically painted Canadamobile and gave me total thumbs ups and even got saluted a couple of times.

Right now, since I do not have to drive anywhere to keep my job, I save on the expenses of operating a vehicle by not driving full time anymore, I keep The Canadamoble parked in the underground garage. I now only get temporary operating insurance on it when I wish to go off to into the mountains of British Columbia to do some camping, or going off on vacation.

Ki No Ronin
    Islam
    Is Not A
    Religion
    Of Peace

2. #2 | 500193
    BC Member

JUL

Default Re: The Canadamobile

I use to own a Maverick. I had it less than a day before someone ran into me and destroyed it.

Never get a death trap like that again.
    Protector and guardian of the Holy Grail.

3. #3 | 501463
    Pagan forum moderator
    BC Team
    Canada

JUL

What do you mean Deathtrap???

Your still alive, ain't ya???

Ki No Ronin
    Islam
    Is Not A
    Religion
    Of Peace

4. #4 | 509229
    BC Member

JUL

View Quoted Post In Post 501463, KiNoRonin said:
    What do you mean Deathtrap???

Your still alive, ain't ya???

Ki No Ronin
    I was at a complete stop and rear ended. The car was hit at 30MPH and was totalled.
    Protector and guardian of the Holy Grail.

5. #5 | 510918
    Pagan forum moderator
    BC Team
    Canada

AUG

Actually, the old late 70s Corvettes with their fragile phyberglass bodies which did not provide any protection for the drivers were real deathtraps.

Ki No Ronin
    Islam
    Is Not A
    Religion
    Of Peace

6. #6 | 571986
    Pagan forum moderator
    BC Team
    Canada

DEC

Konnichi Wa to All:

I got Three Days Insurance on the Canadamobile so I can go out to my Harrison Grove Sacred Grove on Winter Solstice.

A month ago, I could not start Canadamobile and ended up getting a Elecrtical Jump from a Tenant, and it started no prob.

Then two weeks ago, I tried starting it again, but it would not turn over again, so I ended up getting another Jump. I figured the Battery needed a real good charging, so I let it run for about 20 minutes or so.

Two Days later, I tried starting it again, but it would not turn over again.

So last night, I got another Elecrical Jump and that had no affect. No sound came out of the Canadamobile's Ignition System. The lights on the Dashboard just dimmed and the Canadamobile did not make a single sound.

I hope it is just the Battery that has gotten old and is no longer holding a Charge. I will be going to get a New Battery today and putting it into the Canadamobile. I hope that does the trick.

This morning, I drew the Ten of Swords, so I hope that does not indicate that the Canadamobile is not permanently broken down and that the Ten of Swords indcating that the Worst is Over comes true today, and all the Canadamobile needs is a New Battery, although it is going to cost me around $100.00.

Ki No Ronin
    Islam
    Is Not A
    Religion
    Of Peace

7. #7 | 572352
    Pagan forum moderator
    BC Team
    Canada

DEC

Canadamobile Ima Umaku Ni Shuri Shitieshimashita!!! Bonzai!!!

I got a nice AC Delco Battery for $102.00 Dollars from the Lordco Auto Parts Supply Store, slapped it into the Canadmobile, and turned over the Ignition. It Started: No Problem!

I took back my old Battery, which I also bought from Lordco 18 months ago, and got a $42.00 Dollar refund on it, making the new Battery costing me only $60.00.

That is a Good Deal! Bonzai!

Now I can take Canadamobile to the Secret Lanterns Winter Solstice Festival!

Ki No Ronin
    Islam
    Is Not A
    Religion
    Of Peace

8. #8 | 574455
    Pagan forum moderator
    BC Team
    Canada

DEC

Konnichi Wa to All:

This is just to Happily Announce that my Canadamobile made it along that rugged rocky and sometimes treacherous logging road to my Harrison Lake Sacred Grove and back without too much trouble on the morning of Winter Solstice, which was on the 21st of December.

KNR
    Islam
    Is Not A
    Religion
    Of Peace

9. #9 | 574457
    BC Member
    England

DEC

We never doubted that it would KinoRonin, and I am sure the cards would have told you that anyway.

Colonel

10. #10 | 602506
    Pagan forum moderator
    BC Team
    Canada

MAR

Konnichi Wa to All:

I am getting Two Days of Auto Insurance on the Canadamobile for the Weekend. I am headed to Kelowna Saturday for the Spring Equinox Celebrations.

I am going to a CWA-BC Pagans Spring Equinox and Celebration.

For further information on the event, click on:

http://www.witchvox.com/vn/vn_detail...=cabc&id=34723

KNR
    Islam
    Is Not A
    Religion
    Of Peace

Thread Information