The Wigton Absurdity.
Started by Reg Perrin, 5th April 2004 00:38 in News & Current Affairs

1. #1 | 464899
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

APR

Default The Wigton Absurdity.

Wigton in Cumbria may well have a problem with some teenagers but talk about cashing in on public fear!
    As a kid I used to rejoice at the late nights cause we could play football well up to 10 O'clock. This is what this hysteria about the "Evil of Teenage groups" is coming to. Kick all of 'em off the streets so we adults feel OK. This is totally ridiculous, it reflects all the paranoid fears and irrational attitude to teenagers and young adults that is endemic in the age group 40-60 right now.
    When is it that this dislocation will be viewed as OUR responsibility? These are just kids, our age group is paranoid and pathetic. Assert yourselves for God sake! Dont produce laws to get kids off the street, walk up to them and say hello!

2. #2 | 464930
    Important staff person.
    Unbiased admin.
    BC Team
    South Africa

APR

Default Re: The Wigton Absurdity.

QUOTE: In Post 464899, Chris said:
    Wigton in Cumbria may well have a problem with some teenagers but talk about cashing in on public fear!
    As a kid I used to rejoice at the late nights cause we could play football well up to 10 O'clock. This is what this hysteria about the "Evil of Teenage groups" is coming to. Kick all of 'em off the streets so we adults feel OK. This is totally ridiculous, it reflects all the paranoid fears and irrational attitude to teenagers and young adults that is endemic in the age group 40-60 right now.
    When is it that this dislocation will be viewed as OUR responsibility? These are just kids, our age group is paranoid and pathetic. Assert yourselves for God sake! Dont produce laws to get kids off the street, walk up to them and say hello!

I don't quite understand this. Surely the age group you refer to are infact the parents of the young people? I have not heard of any parents being 'frightened ' by groups of young people..............(though I do live out in the country, where everyone knows who everyone IS.....)

It is usually childless people who are intolerant (and often jealous) of the younger generation. IMnvhO.
    They who walk in silence hang the innocent and set the guilty free.

3. #3 | 464931
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

APR

Angry Re: The Wigton Absurdity.

There are ‘idiots and then there are ‘Dangerous idiots’ that we meet in life! To propose thar ‘Teenage street gangs’ are in reality just a bunch of nice lads waiting for an old lady to help them across the road is in reality such ‘Dangerous nonsense that it takes a particularly inept breed of PC moron to propose it!
    It took me two minuets to locate the following news story on ‘Sky news [UK].

TEEN CHARGED WITH MURDER

A teenager will appear in court Monday morning accused of murdering an 80-year-old Asian man in a street attack.

The 16-year-old boy, who has not been named, from Northolt, west London, will appear in custody at Ealing Magistrates Court.

Akberali Tayabali Mohamedally, of Radcliffe Way, Southall, was pronounced dead in hospital after an assault in an underpass at a roundabout in Northolt on Friday evening.

A post-mortem has not yet been carried out.
    A second 16-year-old boy was bailed to return to a west London police station later this month pending further enquiries, Scotland Yard said.

End

Well there was one eighty year old man who had he survived the attack that killed him would I am sure have a few ‘Choice words for the PC views expressed in the opening thread in this post!

In an era were undisciplined children even of school age are both ‘Dealing’ and acting as runners for drug dealers we have a PC idiot who would put elderly people even FURTHER at risk by expecting them to hold dialogues with complete strangers!

No thought here of an elderly pensioner mugged for her ‘Fish supper’. No thought here for the elderly who are ‘Targeted by teenage street gangs when collecting their pensions. No thought here at all! Just Crass PC stupidity!
    Keep the UK BRITISH!! Oppose 'Rule' from Brussels!

4. #4 | 464986
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

APR

QUOTE: In Post 464931, mijokean said:
    There are ‘idiots and then there are ‘Dangerous idiots’ that we meet in life! To propose thar ‘Teenage street gangs’ are in reality just a bunch of nice lads waiting for an old lady to help them across the road is in reality such ‘Dangerous nonsense that it takes a particularly inept breed of PC moron to propose it!
    It took me two minuets to locate the following news story on ‘Sky news [UK].

TEEN CHARGED WITH MURDER

A teenager will appear in court Monday morning accused of murdering an 80-year-old Asian man in a street attack.

The 16-year-old boy, who has not been named, from Northolt, west London, will appear in custody at Ealing Magistrates Court.

Akberali Tayabali Mohamedally, of Radcliffe Way, Southall, was pronounced dead in hospital after an assault in an underpass at a roundabout in Northolt on Friday evening.

A post-mortem has not yet been carried out.
    A second 16-year-old boy was bailed to return to a west London police station later this month pending further enquiries, Scotland Yard said.

End

Well there was one eighty year old man who had he survived the attack that killed him would I am sure have a few ‘Choice words for the PC views expressed in the opening thread in this post!

In an era were undisciplined children even of school age are both ‘Dealing’ and acting as runners for drug dealers we have a PC idiot who would put elderly people even FURTHER at risk by expecting them to hold dialogues with complete strangers!

No thought here of an elderly pensioner mugged for her ‘Fish supper’. No thought here for the elderly who are ‘Targeted by teenage street gangs when collecting their pensions. No thought here at all! Just Crass PC stupidity!
    So Mike, as you're determining propensity to murder based on age does that mean murders committed by adults indicates that all adults should be put on curfew?

5. #5 | 464995
    BC Member
    Scotland

APR

Chris, please get real.
    'Kids' do not play football at 2200hrs.
    They are out there uprooting gardens, jumping on car roofs, smashing shop windows...
    You are harping back to when you were young and probably did play footie late at night. In other posts you refuse to admit that life was that little bit simpler, that life today has been comprimised.
    If I walked up to a bunch of these so called 'kids' and said "Hello" I would get the response "F... off". The words slurred more than likely.
    You say
    'When is it that this dislocation will be viewed as OUR responsibility',
    does this mean you are finally seeing what the PC attitudes forced upon us have resulted in? It is not our attitude to children which has changed it is the kids themselves who are different - they have absolutely no respect for anyone.
    I will not tar all kids with the same brush but 'kids' these days walk the streets like a pack of feral animals. I'm sure that when most of them are at home Mummy and Daddy think they have reasonably behaved children, when they are in a group however they are frightening, yobbish and up to no good (even if just in their imagination).
    Curfew is a shocking development but as it is for under 16's I do not think it is unreasonable. Parents should have under 16's indoors by 2200 anyway IMHO.

Sphinx, until January this year I was a 'childless' person. If anything I am even more concerned now by the behaviour of young people out there. I don't think I am jealous of them in any way. They are under extreme peer pressure these days. Poor little souls have had no boundaries set, have developed no sense of self and individuality, have more money than love and are incapable of amusing themselves without causing harm or damage.

6. #6 | 465000
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

APR

QUOTE: In Post 464986, Chris said:
    So Mike, as you're determining propensity to murder based on age does that mean murders committed by adults indicates that all adults should be put on curfew?

As usual you have insufficient intelligence to grasp what you are being told! The article I posted refuting your inane concept that teenagers hanging around in street gangs were really ‘Nice young lads out for a game of football’ was just that, an article showing the stupidity of your position! Not ALL children are of this ilk but YOU would promote the needles risk to the elderly from those that are!

As Mags points out ‘Children’ should NOT be out on the streets after 10pm anyway unless accompanied by an adult’. That you are unable to recognise the ‘Yob culture’ that is prevalent on our streets today is of no surprise to me given your track record of PC hogwash!

It is quite typical of your ill-considered PC stance that YOU would resist measures to control a problem that has its roots in the PC ideology of bringing children up without the benefit of proper parental and or scholastic discipline in the first instance. However these problems with undisciplined youth DO exist whether you acknowledge them or not!

Keep the UK BRITISH!! Oppose 'Rule' from Brussels!

7. #7 | 465147
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

APR

Chris, please get real.
    'Kids' do not play football at 2200hrs.
    Mags, with all due respect, when the light nights are in I see plenty of kids playing football at 2100 and 2200hrs.

They are out there uprooting gardens, jumping on car roofs, smashing shop windows...
    I think it is you who should "get real" there. Of course there are teenagers who are behaving anti socially, there are TWOC ers, glue sniffers, boozers and vandals, but, by far the vast majority are ordinary teenage kids, living their lives.

You are harping back to when you were young and probably did play footie late at night. In other posts you refuse to admit that life was that little bit simpler, that life today has been comprimised.
    Correct, but, as you are so often saying "use your eyes" I dont have to ask the kids what their legal status might be to see that they're playing football!!

If I walked up to a bunch of these so called 'kids' and said "Hello" I would get the response "F... off". The words slurred more than likely.
    You say
    I suggest you try it Mags, you might be pleasantly surprised.

'When is it that this dislocation will be viewed as OUR responsibility',
    does this mean you are finally seeing what the PC attitudes forced upon us have resulted in? It is not our attitude to children which has changed it is the kids themselves who are different - they have absolutely no respect for anyone.
    No, it means that if you go up to kids, assuming they're up to no good, tarring them all with the brush you say you do, it's no surprise to me that they'd have precious little respect for you.

I will not tar all kids with the same brush but 'kids' these days walk the streets like a pack of feral animals.
    Everything you write indicates that you do.

I'm sure that when most of them are at home Mummy and Daddy think they have reasonably behaved children, when they are in a group however they are frightening, yobbish and up to no good (even if just in their imagination).
    Groups of kids have always had "peer pressure" as a factor determining how they react to adults. Thats why, when they get approached by a surly disrespectful adult, who communicates that they think the worst of them, they respond in kind. This is basic group dynamics. I'm surprised your BEd didn't teach you this.

Curfew is a shocking development but as it is for under 16's I do not think it is unreasonable. Parents should have under 16's indoors by 2200 anyway IMHO.
    Where you always in doors by 2200 when you were 16? It's absurd.

Sphinx, until January this year I was a 'childless' person. If anything I am even more concerned now by the behaviour of young people out there. I don't think I am jealous of them in any way. They are under extreme peer pressure these days. Poor little souls have had no boundaries set, have developed no sense of self and individuality, have more money than love and are incapable of amusing themselves without causing harm or damage.
    Too much of a generalisation Mags. The vast majority of teenagers are well behaved and decent people.

8. #8 | 465152
    Hammond and May out
    England

APR

PiffleWith antagonism in mind. You are as bent as a nine bob note.
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.
    Fork Me is a decent type, pity he's such a twat!

9. #9 | 465153
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

APR

QUOTE: In Post 465152, Dordie said:
    PiffleWith antagonism in mind. You are as bent as a nine bob note.
    Ahh the big words! always a sign that you haven't got a coherent answer. You'll be using Mikes emoticons next Don!

10. #10 | 465154
    Hammond and May out
    England

APR

And as evil a lucifer. Go you bad barstard. And keep away from decent people before you contaminate the forum.
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.
    Fork Me is a decent type, pity he's such a twat!

Thread Information