Arguments against Having children.
Started by parsonstreet, 7th December 2019 20:04 in Serious Discussion

1. #1 | 2138640
    here
    Wales

DEC

Default Arguments against Having children.

It really disturbs me how people respond to this issue.

There is huge amounts of suffering which was all avoidable if people didn't have children and yet people are willing to tolerate it and coexist with it and downplay it.

People don't take seriously the fact that large numbers of people on the internet say they don't enjoy life and say it is a burden and up to a million people commit suicide each year (which i would not call a ringing endorsement of life).

So we are talking about real suffering not whining as people like to characterize it.

But I will get into this more in further post.

This could be a very long thread because I am going to run through many different arguments against procreating.
    Do not let the oppressed retreat in disgrace; may the poor and needy praise your name..

2. #2 | 2138641
    here
    Wales

DEC

Default Re: Arguments against Having children.

Lets start with this post:

Reg Perrin
    My mum had 12 children. They all grew up to be very productive members of society. And Lefties.
    People use a lot of anecdotes in these discussions but not statistics or arguments.

I have linked to studies that show that people from larger families have worse outcomes on average and are more likely to produce large families themselves.

I don't think that knowing successful and happy people is an argument for having children and when you completely ignore the other people with the opposite kind of life as well.

I see no logical or ethical reason to tolerate one person's suffering so someone else can be happy.
    Do not let the oppressed retreat in disgrace; may the poor and needy praise your name..

3. #3 | 2138642
    BC Member
    England

DEC

Fuck off, you stupid bastard. Get a job you lazy bastard.
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.
    Fork Me is a decent type, pity he's such a twat!
    Liked by: BobBobson

4. #4 | 2138647
    here
    Wales

DEC

This thread will never end

5. #5 | 2138652
    BC Member
    Cyprus

DEC

parsonstreet
    It really disturbs me ...
    Fuck off.
    Please note that any abuse in this post is both intentional and deserved.

Anyone that feels the need to further point out that it contains abuse is clearly a total fucking moron who's also insulting YOUR intelligence by pointing out the bleeding obvious as if you were too fucking dumb to notice it.

This has been a public service announcement by Fork Me. Have a nice fucking day.

6. #6 | 2138653
    BC Member
    Cyprus

DEC

Let's.

HTH

BTW, fuck off.

Anyone that feels the need to further point out that it contains abuse is clearly a total fucking moron who's also insulting YOUR intelligence by pointing out the bleeding obvious as if you were too fucking dumb to notice it.

This has been a public service announcement by Fork Me. Have a nice fucking day.

7. #7 | 2138654
    BC Member
    Cyprus

DEC

parsonstreet
    This thread will never end
    Fuck off.

8. #8 | 2138660
    here
    Wales

DEC

This shows how much people really care about children and suffering.

Total hypocrites.

9. #9 | 2138661
    here
    Wales

DEC

1. Consent

Do you value consent?

If so how can it not be problem that people cannot consent to the life they end up with?

If you say you do value consent (i.e. you think rape is wrong) Yet you see no problem in creating new people which involves no consent then you are either a hypocrite or in the midst of cognitive dissonance.

You have not got a coherent moral leg to stand on.

People claim consent doesn't matter because life is so great but there is loads of counter evidence to this such as two world wars, slavery genocide and North Korea.

If you think people would consent to every aspect of this life that is very macabre.

If you accept there are lots of circumstances they would not consent to but you have children then you are a hypocrite or perp.

10. #10 | 2138662
    Just an allusion
    England

DEC

parsonstreet
    This shows how much people really care about children and suffering.

Total hypocrites.
    Nope, this shows that you're on your hobby horse again and most people would rather just watch you gallop off into the sunset.
    Amusing smilies aside, you ought to realise that beneath what may sometimes appear to be banter, I do in fact despise you. Don't be flattered, my contempt is free to all lefties who support the indoctrination of children. ~ Memnoch, Dec 2014.
    Liked by: Fork Me, superwoman

Thread Information