Arguments against Having children.
Started by parsonstreet, 7th December 2019 20:04 in Serious Discussion

1. #61 | 2138817
    here
    Wales

DEC

Default Re: Arguments against Having children.

I think the problem with large families is the mentality of the people that have them.

Some people may have a large family because they love children (please do not refer to them as "kids").

But a lot of cases that is not the reason.

In some cases it will be religious fundamentalism, In others drugs, alcohol and other dysfunction, Lack of sex education and poor access to contraceptives. Cultural pressure. And so on
    Do not let the oppressed retreat in disgrace; may the poor and needy praise your name..
    Liked by: sphinx

2. #62 | 2138818
    here
    Wales

DEC

parsonstreet
    This thread will never end
    Or until someone changes my mind or the internet crashes.

Do not let the oppressed retreat in disgrace; may the poor and needy praise your name..

3. #63 | 2138819
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

DEC

parsonstreet
    5. More consent issues

The most common consent analogy in antinatalists circles is the case of rape. Rapes main crime is the lack of consent.

If a person is unconscious they cannot consent so having sex with them will be rape. You cannot speculate about whether the unconscious person would want to have sex with you.

So why can you give a child up to 80+ years of experience they expressed no desire for and that not be a gross imposition. Why should they not be upset by having many negative experiences they didn't ask for?

Yes some people are grateful for their life but a substantial number of people are not.

Unfortunately people who are grateful for life are the only ones whose opinion matters when it comes to the ethics of parenting. This leads onto point 6:

6. "Most people like strawberries so we should force everyone to eat Strawberries"

Otherwise known as "Unacceptable risk"

A handful of people are allergic to strawberries and can die eating them. This is the same with many physical problems that afflict a minority meaning that there life will be a harm.

But this imposition is tolerated so that the majority can keep having children.

So to ignore lack of consent you would have to provide your child with a life guaranteed to be desirable and this is clearly not the one. Just read the news and look at suicide stats.

Will this kind of dilemma keep you awake tonight?

4. #64 | 2138823
    here
    Wales

DEC

We are not responsible for our own existence but our parents are.

And if you are a biological parent you are responsible for your child's existence and they are not.

So society is false if it is based around the idea of a consent and responsibilities.

On The topic of Large families this recent murder case illustrated a very dysfunctional large family produced by incest

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-revealed.html

It is an isolated case (Along With The Wests and their numerous offspring) But it is an example of how dysfunctional a large family can be. Extreme cases but an antidote to the sentimentalizing of large families.

On that rare documentary on the social services filmed in *Bristol* there was a young heroin addict featured who had his 8 children with two girlfriends taken off him after birth. Not exactly a large family but a baby making production line. It would not be surprising if continued making babies based on his record.

5. #65 | 2138829
    BC Member
    Cyprus

DEC

parsonstreet
    No one was forced to come on this thread.

(I hope)
    Fuck off.
    Please note that any abuse in this post is both intentional and deserved.

Anyone that feels the need to further point out that it contains abuse is clearly a total fucking moron who's also insulting YOUR intelligence by pointing out the bleeding obvious as if you were too fucking dumb to notice it.

This has been a public service announcement by Fork Me. Have a nice fucking day.

6. #66 | 2138830
    BC Member
    Cyprus

DEC

Fuck off.

Anyone that feels the need to further point out that it contains abuse is clearly a total fucking moron who's also insulting YOUR intelligence by pointing out the bleeding obvious as if you were too fucking dumb to notice it.

This has been a public service announcement by Fork Me. Have a nice fucking day.

7. #67 | 2138831
    BC Member
    Cyprus

DEC

8. #68 | 2138832
    BC Member
    Cyprus

DEC

9. #69 | 2138834
    BC Member
    Cyprus

DEC

Fuck off.

10. #70 | 2138835
    BC Member
    Cyprus

DEC

parsonstreet
    Or until someone changes my mind or the internet crashes.

Fuck off.

Thread Information