Arguments against Having children.
Started by parsonstreet, 7th December 2019 20:04 in Serious Discussion

1. #21 | 2138693
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

DEC

Default Re: Arguments against Having children.

For what it's worth, I don't disagree. It's the quality of the parenting that matters however. Obviously, it would take super parents to attend to the needs of every child sufficiently in larger families. It goes without saying.

2. #22 | 2138694
    Just an allusion
    England

DEC
    Amusing smilies aside, you ought to realise that beneath what may sometimes appear to be banter, I do in fact despise you. Don't be flattered, my contempt is free to all lefties who support the indoctrination of children. ~ Memnoch, Dec 2014.
    Liked by: sphinx

3. #23 | 2138696
    here
    Wales

DEC

Reg Perrin
    Must admit, it was never a factor in the vast majority of cases.

Mmmm... The National Bureau of Economic Research. What does your research suggest about them?
    That shows the limitations of personal experience versus factual data.

Do you happen to Live in Syria, Afghanistan or The Republic of Congo?
    Do not let the oppressed retreat in disgrace; may the poor and needy praise your name..

4. #24 | 2138698
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

DEC

parsonstreet
    That shows the limitations of personal experience versus factual data.

Do you happen to Live in Syria, Afghanistan or The Republic of Congo?
    Yes, that's quite right. Perhaps you should exclude all your own personal experiences from discussions within these forums, or anywhere else, as they're patently irrelevant.

5. #25 | 2138701
    here
    Wales

DEC

But simply, think of a Lebanese family who decide to have 12 children in the middle of an extreme poverty (which is not rare in Middle East by any means and I recommend everyone in this thread to watch the movie called 'Capernaum' btw https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8267604/) put yourself in of the kids' shoes, you are one of them and every single day of your life is full of either physical or inner pain.
    Now back again, If you had the one who decide, wouldn't you rather them not being born in the first place?
    https://www.menstennisforums.com/thr....964522/page-2

Interesting. You know, we have 3 million Syrian refugees here in Turkey, one third of them living in Istanbul, in absolutely shocking conditions, there are 10-12 families living in space of a tennis court. Yet, they continue to reproduce, I see loads of 3 month old babies running on dirt in the streets of Istanbul, (and their parents arrived here way earlier), they barely find any decent thing to eat, Turkish government's and EU's financial help isn't enough since we Turks ourselves face economic crisis post-2017, so life is for them unspeakably bad.

How come that kind of parent who procreate their 7th child in a foreign land, having fled war and short of any food or income is LESS selfish than people who don't want to have kids?
    https://www.menstennisforums.com/thr....964522/page-3
    Do not let the oppressed retreat in disgrace; may the poor and needy praise your name..

6. #26 | 2138702
    here
    Wales

DEC

Reg Perrin
    Yes, that's quite right. Perhaps you should exclude all your own personal experiences from discussions within these forums, or anywhere else, as they're patently irrelevant.
    They are statistically irrelevant. But I mentioned the Holocaust and I am not Jewish. Soo...

7. #27 | 2138708
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

DEC

parsonstreet
    They are statistically irrelevant. But I mentioned the Holocaust and I am not Jewish. Soo...
    I don't understand your point. It seems to me you base almost all your points on your personal experiences but then insist on excluding those of others but use uncorroborated random research by sources you've done no research into.

8. #28 | 2138709
    here
    Wales

DEC

Reg Perrin
    I don't understand your point. It seems to me you base almost all your points on your personal experiences but then insist on excluding those of others but use uncorroborated random research by sources you've done no research into.
    I don't see how hundreds of millions of people dying in slavery is uncorroborated. (and) Can you provide me with any counter research into the negative outcomes of large families?

I have not yet got into the argument from personal experience.

Nevertheless there is no rational reason to believe one persons happiness cancels out another persons suffering. There is no justification for making anyone suffer because the majority may be happy.

This encapsulates the history of homosexuality.

Thousands of years of human history and only in the last few decades have gays been allowed to adopt and marry.

There is huge legal archive testifying to the prevention of women, blacks, gays etc from having the same opportunities as white males.

800px-Omaha_courthouse_lynching.jpg

9. #29 | 2138721
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

DEC

parsonstreet
    I don't see how hundreds of millions of people dying in slavery is uncorroborated. (and) Can you provide me with any counter research into the negative outcomes of large families?

I have not yet got into the argument from personal experience.

Nevertheless there is no rational reason to believe one persons happiness cancels out another persons suffering. There is no justification for making anyone suffer because the majority may be happy.

This encapsulates the history of homosexuality.

Thousands of years of human history and only in the last few decades have gays been allowed to adopt and marry.

There is huge legal archive testifying to the prevention of women, blacks, gays etc from having the same opportunities as white males.

800px-Omaha_courthouse_lynching.jpg
    So, from large families we've suddenly jumped to homosexually. You're just one big nebulous blob of random world misery aren't you. Why not take a nice walk in a forest or by a river and try to find something beautiful.

10. #30 | 2138722
    BC Member
    Cyprus

DEC

Please note that any abuse in this post is both intentional and deserved.

Anyone that feels the need to further point out that it contains abuse is clearly a total fucking moron who's also insulting YOUR intelligence by pointing out the bleeding obvious as if you were too fucking dumb to notice it.

This has been a public service announcement by Fork Me. Have a nice fucking day.

Thread Information