Got my polling card yesterday
Started by Scrotnig, 17th November 2019 13:27 in General Election 2019

1. #1 | 2135736
    BC Member
    BC Team

NOV

Default Got my polling card yesterday

This year I really can't decide what to do.

Tory - hahahahaha no.
    Labour - My local MP is Jon Ashworth who seems a decent enough local MP, but he's also Shadow Secretary of State for Health and Social Care and has been making a proper nauseating tit of himself on national TV recently. Also Labour's daily "free this, free that" spending pledges are now like something off Spitting Image. No.
    Lib Dem - No. Just, no.
    Green - hahahahaha no.
    Brexit Party - Just like Boris, Farage is a great public speaker who I could never vote for.

There appear to be no loony independent types standing so I am faced, as things stand, with spoiling the paper.

Plus, why bother? We had a vote in 2016, the result of which hasn't been honoured yet, so why would this one be?

2. #2 | 2135740
    here
    Wales

NOV

Default Re: Got my polling card yesterday

I keep on forgetting that there is an election shortly.

I may have to actually vote Corbyn.
    Do not let the oppressed retreat in disgrace; may the poor and needy praise your name..

3. #3 | 2135746
    Fat, old hippy

NOV

Just vote Labour. Itís that or more of the same.

4. #4 | 2135747
    BC Member
    BC Team

NOV

LadyLush
    Just vote Labour. It’s that or more of the same.
    But the problem is that at the moment, as bad as 'more of the same' is, it's infinitely better than Jeremy 'Everything For Free' Corbyn.

It's also worrying that Labour's definition of 'everyone who is well paid must pay this' actually amounts to 'anyone earning over 24k a year' which is hardly 'well paid'. So that means, once again, ordinary folk will have to pay to fund luxury lifestyles for shirkers.

5. #5 | 2135767
    Fat, old hippy

NOV

Scrotnig
    But the problem is that at the moment, as bad as 'more of the same' is, it's infinitely better than Jeremy 'Everything For Free' Corbyn.

It's also worrying that Labour's definition of 'everyone who is well paid must pay this' actually amounts to 'anyone earning over 24k a year' which is hardly 'well paid'. So that means, once again, ordinary folk will have to pay to fund luxury lifestyles for shirkers.
    Have you looked further than a Daily Mail headline? My husband earns more that 24k a year, we will be better off. My brother earns almost 100k a year, he will be about a fiver a month worse off....

6. #6 | 2135768
    BC Member
    BC Team

NOV

LadyLush
    Have you looked further than a Daily Mail headline? My husband earns more that 24k a year, we will be better off. My brother earns almost 100k a year, he will be about a fiver a month worse off....
    They need to tell us where the money's coming from.

"We're going to tax the rich" doesn't really cut it, because (a) the rich will avoid it and (b) it's been proved time and again that "taxing the rich" wouldn't actually raise very much in the grand scheme of things - certainly not enough to pay for all this 'free stuff'.

Plus, why should people get "free broadband" anyway? I certainly shouldn't get it, I'm well capable of paying for it myself. By all means offer it free to the unemployed to help them find jobs, and to those on other appropriate benefits such as disability benefit, but free for *everyone*?? Why?

7. #7 | 2135773
    Fat, old hippy

NOV

Scrotnig
    They need to tell us where the money's coming from.

"We're going to tax the rich" doesn't really cut it, because (a) the rich will avoid it and (b) it's been proved time and again that "taxing the rich" wouldn't actually raise very much in the grand scheme of things - certainly not enough to pay for all this 'free stuff'.

Plus, why should people get "free broadband" anyway? I certainly shouldn't get it, I'm well capable of paying for it myself. By all means offer it free to the unemployed to help them find jobs, and to those on other appropriate benefits such as disability benefit, but free for *everyone*?? Why?
    We are so backward in comparison with other countries in Europe, broadband isnít just a tool for you in your house, my university student daughter has every lecture uploaded to one place so her and her class can sit a lecture together from any place in the world. It also means that anyone can contribute and share their skills. You can order a prescription online, saving hours of NHS staffís time. Itís not Ďtaxing the richí itís fair taxation of billionaire companies that are being allowed to avoid paying taxes now because they donate to the Tories, the fiver a month people like my brother will pay isnít going to fund free dental checks is it? However when Facebook, Amazon, Starbucks etc etc all pay their whack, it most certainly will. Then people like my Mom who gets £168 a week after working for Tesco for 30 years can go to the dentist without wondering if they have the twenty quid itíll cost.
    Liked by: Chris Mitchell

8. #8 | 2135774
    BC Member
    BC Team

NOV

LadyLush
    We are so backward in comparison with other countries in Europe, broadband isn’t just a tool for you in your house, my university student daughter has every lecture uploaded to one place so her and her class can sit a lecture together from any place in the world. It also means that anyone can contribute and share their skills. You can order a prescription online, saving hours of NHS staff’s time. It’s not ‘taxing the rich’ it’s fair taxation of billionaire companies that are being allowed to avoid paying taxes now because they donate to the Tories, the fiver a month people like my brother will pay isn’t going to fund free dental checks is it? However when Facebook, Amazon, Starbucks etc etc all pay their whack, it most certainly will. Then people like my Mom who gets £168 a week after working for Tesco for 30 years can go to the dentist without wondering if they have the twenty quid it’ll cost.
    None of that explains why broadband should be made free for people who can afford it.

We can't live with electricity, or water, yet they aren't free. Free water might make more sense than free broadband.
    Labour want to nationalise the railways but they aren't proposing that rail travel will then be free. So why broadband? It's one of the few privatisations that hasn't been an unmitigated disaster. It needs reforming certainly but free? No.

I've no issue with free dental check ups but again, where is the money coming from? Lefties have a 'magic money tree' and it appears they are relying on this.

9. #9 | 2135782
    BC Member
    Scotland

NOV

Scrotnig
    This year I really can't decide what to do.

Tory - hahahahaha no.
    Labour - My local MP is Jon Ashworth who seems a decent enough local MP, but he's also Shadow Secretary of State for Health and Social Care and has been making a proper nauseating tit of himself on national TV recently. Also Labour's daily "free this, free that" spending pledges are now like something off Spitting Image. No.
    Lib Dem - No. Just, no.
    Green - hahahahaha no.
    Brexit Party - Just like Boris, Farage is a great public speaker who I could never vote for.

There appear to be no loony independent types standing so I am faced, as things stand, with spoiling the paper.

Plus, why bother? We had a vote in 2016, the result of which hasn't been honoured yet, so why would this one be?
    No matter what you think of Farage, Brexit is the single biggest political issue of our time. We voted for it, but we are being told that we can't have it.

Vote Brexit Party ffs.
    Scrot is a poof!
    Liked by: sphinx

10. #10 | 2135800
    Absquatulated

NOV

Scrotnig
    Tory - hahahahaha no.
    Labour
    The Tories will deliver Brexit.

Labour will deliver communism, starting with nationalizing everything until it goes bust (as usual).

The rest are a joke, the sorts you'd vote for if you don't want to vote but want to turn up at the polling station in order to say you did.
    Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible

Thread Information