Apparently the term 'climate change' is not to be used any more
Started by Scrotnig, 17th November 2019 13:06 in News & Current Affairs

1. #1 | 2135723
    BC Member
    BC Team

NOV

Default Apparently the term 'climate change' is not to be used any more

This is genuine, it was on Sky News earlier today.

Once we had 'global warming', but that was declared obsolete and was replaced by 'climate change'.

Now however, the left have decreed that the term 'climate change' should be replaced by 'climate crisis'.

It's true. They had some schoolkids on Sky News earlier and they have said they have been INSTRUCTED not to use 'climate change' any more and must always say 'climate crisis'. By whom? Once can only wonder, but no indoctrination goes on in schools, definitely, 100%. Forker said so, and he's a teecha.

2. #2 | 2135729
    Fat, old hippy

NOV

Default Re: Apparently the term 'climate change' is not to be used any more

Well I suppose that makes it sound suitably urgent.

3. #3 | 2135730
    BC Member
    BC Team

NOV

LadyLush
    Well I suppose that makes it sound suitably urgent.
    It does, but it isn't.

4. #4 | 2135745
    Fat, old hippy

NOV

Scrotnig
    It does, but it isn't.
    I suppose that depends on your point of view and whether or not you are concerned about leaving things in a better state after your death.

5. #5 | 2135748
    BC Member
    BC Team

NOV

LadyLush
    I suppose that depends on your point of view and whether or not you are concerned about leaving things in a better state after your death.
    The problem is that it's mostly just lefties misappropriating an unrelated cause to further their own aims.

Lefties have never liked the concept of personal freedom. They don't like cars and air travel because both those things give people control over what they do. Lefties want you to only go where they tell you, when they tell you. Unfortunately simply stating this was never popular. So now they get to say 'stop driving cars and stop flying on aeroplanes, because if you don't EVERYBODY DIES'. As an added bonus they get to punitively tax everything they can't physically ban outright, meaning yet more money taken from hard working people to be handed over to loafers and shirkers who refuse to go out to work. It's nonsense and now shamefully even the Tories have cottoned onto this idea.

6. #6 | 2135763
    Fluffed out
    England

NOV

LadyLush
    Scrot hasn't got kids, and he's said on many occasions that what happens after he's dead doesn't particularly bother him. So it's not a crisis on Planet Scrot.

7. #7 | 2135766
    Fat, old hippy

NOV

Scrotnig
    The problem is that it's mostly just lefties misappropriating an unrelated cause to further their own aims.

Lefties have never liked the concept of personal freedom. They don't like cars and air travel because both those things give people control over what they do. Lefties want you to only go where they tell you, when they tell you. Unfortunately simply stating this was never popular. So now they get to say 'stop driving cars and stop flying on aeroplanes, because if you don't EVERYBODY DIES'. As an added bonus they get to punitively tax everything they can't physically ban outright, meaning yet more money taken from hard working people to be handed over to loafers and shirkers who refuse to go out to work. It's nonsense and now shamefully even the Tories have cottoned onto this idea.
    Do you really, honestly believe all that? Itís mostly people who realise that single use plastics arenít a great idea and recycling is probably okay because literally everything we use is finite.
    Liked by: Chris Mitchell

8. #8 | 2135771
    BC Member
    BC Team

NOV

LadyLush
    Do you really, honestly believe all that? It’s mostly people who realise that single use plastics aren’t a great idea and recycling is probably okay because literally everything we use is finite.
    No I get the whole recycling thing and am all in favour (except when councils start criminalising people who don't follow every pettyfogging rule they come up with 100% to the letter).

But that isn't what's really happening. We're being told driving to work and taking foreign holidays is what needs to stop, and EVERYONE* must stop it RIGHT NOW.

*By 'everyone', these people actually mean, everyone except government ministers, MPs, councillors , civil servants and anyone else they think are more important than the rest of us)

9. #9 | 2135772
    Fat, old hippy

NOV

Scrotnig
    No I get the whole recycling thing and am all in favour (except when councils start criminalising people who don't follow every pettyfogging rule they come up with 100% to the letter).

But that isn't what's really happening. We're being told driving to work and taking foreign holidays is what needs to stop, and EVERYONE* must stop it RIGHT NOW.

*By 'everyone', these people actually mean, everyone except government ministers, MPs, councillors , civil servants and anyone else they think are more important than the rest of us)
    I donít recall being told any of that, I recall being asked to be mindful when making choices that may negatively impact both the environment I live in and the environment of people further away even though I will probably never meet them. I donít recall seeing any holiday being banned, my husband manufactures cars, theyíre still making them, theyíre moving towards electric cars too but still making petrol and diesel models. In fact the only slow down in work and redundancy has been related to Brexit.
    Liked by: misty15

10. #10 | 2135775
    BC Member
    BC Team

NOV

LadyLush
    I don’t recall being told any of that, I recall being asked to be mindful when making choices that may negatively impact both the environment I live in and the environment of people further away even though I will probably never meet them. I don’t recall seeing any holiday being banned, my husband manufactures cars, they’re still making them, they’re moving towards electric cars too but still making petrol and diesel models. In fact the only slow down in work and redundancy has been related to Brexit.
    Ah, electric cars, another leftie dream.

The lefties who came up with the idea of everyone having a charging point in their driveways obviously all live in big houses. What about people who live in terraced streets? What about people in tower blocks?

I've seen pictures of cables running across a pavement from house to car, what could possibly go wrong there?

Oh and then there's this gem: "Electric car technology has come on in leaps and bounds, the average electric car can do nearly 100 miles on a full charge".
    Nearly 100 miles? Have they ever looked at the mileage records of people who have to drive for a living? So you drive 100 miles then you need to charge it up again for 24 hours. Just what planet are these people on? Not one where anyone does a real world job, that's for sure?

It's all been devised by people who live in London where public transport is generally very good. They seem to assume it's like that in every city. It isn't. And that's before you think of people who don't live in cities!

Thread Information