My take on Brexit.
Started by BobBobson, 7th September 2019 01:44 in Brexit Forum

1. #1 | 2128381
    BC Member
    Scotland

SEP

Default My take on Brexit.

I think the whole thing has been one big sham. Nothing but a Punch & Judy show.

We won't hard Brexit. We will soft Brexit. The whole shebang is being engineered that way.

Brexit isn't really about controlling immigration vs free travel and work across Europe, it isn't about trade with the rest of the world versus trade with the EU, it isn't even about recovering lost sovereignty and the UK forging it's own path in the world versus co-operating with our closest geographical partners.

Brexit is about the City of London, which is the largest financial hub in the world.

The Eurozone is very likely to collapse at some point during the next big market crash, which is in the pipelines. There will be chaos across the board when this occurs, and the masters of the City of London (Rothchild), want a certain degree of insulation from this event. This will likely be the real reason why the UK never joined the Euro back in the day when all the top Labour and many Tory politicians were beating the drum in favour of it, only to do a sudden U-turn and inform us all that it wasn't in our best interests, after months preaching the huge benefits of it and the certain doom that would befall us if we didn't sign up to it.

Launching a currency union bringing price parity practically overnight to vastly different economies and cultures (which totally relied on the 'cheaper' economies amassing huge amounts of debt to artificially inflate themselves up to Euro standards) was always going to have quite uncertain outcomes, and it is now looking likely that the project is going to fail at some point within the next decade. David Cameron announced a Brexit referendum as an election promise in 2015. The ECB entered into the realm of negative interest rates in 2014, a trend which has continued up to this day, in their attempt to keep markets across the Eurozone inflated....a policy that is seeing much of the created liquidity fllee into US markets where a better return can be gotten (until it can't), than investing it in European bonds or equities, or actually being charged for holding cash in the Euro banking system. Now that the global economy is contracting, the ECB with their deeper than ever before negative interest rates, have no where to run. With the big rise in anti-EU populism across the continent as a reaction to the first phase of the Euro crisis and the enforced austerity measures, the EU is likely in for some very chaotic times when the Euro crisis (which was never fixed, despite what you read in the papers) comes to it's likely conclusion.

It is all going to happen, and because the UK houses the City of London, 'they' want a certain amount of insulation from the pending economic and social chaos......a bit like the role that Switzerland has received through the centuries.....the 'neutral banker', that therefore never gets invaded or embroiled in the chaos raging across the whole continent around it.

Soft Brexit it will be. One foot in, one foot out. Not a deal that Nigel Farage will approve of, but one which will allow the City of London to go about there business, and one which will allow the UK to lower it's reliance on EU trade.

Inflows of cheap migrant labour will continue, as will the asset stripping.
    Scrot is a poof!
    Liked by: Bill. MC, sphinx

2. #2 | 2128390
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

SEP

Default Re: My take on Brexit.

Thanks Bob.

3. #3 | 2128395
    BC Member
    Scotland

SEP

Your welcome.

Now sit back and watch me being proven right.
    Scrot is a poof!

4. #4 | 2128422
    BC Member
    England

SEP

I can envisage a future of a broken UK, a united Ireland, London as a walled fortified city.

I still think though that we will be unwilling to admit one of the major sources of the trouble that brought about Brexit, I'm convinced that it is/was due to not dealing un a strict manner with corruption or red tape, this will carry on and probably get worse if we leave and have to trade under WTO rules.It will also be worse as the cap doffers will be closer to their masters in fortress westminster and over the wall, so they will be under the impression that they may get thrown a few scraps if they can be seen doffing.
    Corbyn, Corbyn, Corbyn, Corbyn!!!

5. #5 | 2128471
    Independent
    United Kingdom

SEP

It all goes back to Cameron promising a referendum to stop people voting UKIP. He assumed it would go his way and had no intention of honouring it if it didn't. He had no idea what to do when the electorate unexpectedly failed to perform as commanded so he deserted his post. His party, however, have remained loyal to him by repeatedly appointing leaders guaranteed to ensure that his contempt for the will of the people remains unchallenged.
    Liked by: sphinx

6. #6 | 2128512
    BC Member
    England

SEP

Like other leaders Cameron tried to cover both sides by saying it was only a consultation of the people then giving that speech about it being a once in a lifetime vote and that they would honour the decision. They have used this trick to their advantage in the past , the close result caused them problems, still split about fifty fifty today probably, but if they really want to know what the will of the people is now, they should ask them, or get out ASAP then ask again at a later date.
    Corbyn, Corbyn, Corbyn, Corbyn!!!

7. #7 | 2128521
    BC Member
    England

SEP

The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.
    Fork Me is a decent type, pity he's such a twat!
    Liked by: BobBobson

8. #8 | 2128523
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

SEP

Liked by: Dordie

9. #9 | 2128525
    BC Member
    Scotland

SEP

More than half of all Leave voters are now planning to vote for Boris Johnson.

Never voted Tory in my life......first time for everything though.

Just saying.
    Scrot is a poof!
    Liked by: sphinx

10. #10 | 2128527
    BC Member
    England

SEP

Cameron spouted about a 'Reformed EU' Who was going to 'Reform' it?
    He went to Brussels countless times and came back with diddly squat
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.
    Fork Me is a decent type, pity he's such a twat!

Thread Information