MPs want to ban private cars
Started by Scrotnig, 24th August 2019 13:33 in Serious Discussion

1. #1 | 2127063
    BC Member
    BC Team

AUG

Default MPs want to ban private cars

Finally the truth is coming out. A committee of MPs has stated that private car ownership....even electric cars....is “not compatible with climate change measures” and has called on the government to outlaw private car ownership completely.

Indeed. I have been repeatedly called mad for suggesting this is the ultimate agenda, and here we are.

It’s unlikely anything that draconian will happen in my lifetime. The younger set who seem to hate cars can enjoy being told where they can go, when and how. If they don’t like it they only have themselves to blame.

2. #2 | 2127064
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

AUG

Default Re: MPs want to ban private cars

Scrotnig
    Finally the truth is coming out. A committee of MPs has stated that private car ownership....even electric cars....is “not compatible with climate change measures” and has called on the government to outlaw private car ownership completely.

Indeed. I have been repeatedly called mad for suggesting this is the ultimate agenda, and here we are.

It’s unlikely anything that draconian will happen in my lifetime. The younger set who seem to hate cars can enjoy being told where they can go, when and how. If they don’t like it they only have themselves to blame.
    Shaddap.

3. #3 | 2127085
    Fluffed out
    England

AUG

So MPs (you don't say who, or how influential they are) want to ban cars, but it won't happen in your lifetime.

Haven't you always said that what happens after you're dead is of little concern to you?

4. #4 | 2127088
    BC Member
    BC Team

AUG

It's the Science and Technology Select Committee.

They want private ownership banned and everyone using public transport or taxis.

Yes because going to work and back every day in a taxi rather than your own car improves the environment, how exactly?

These people are not only thick and stupid but also London-centric and think everyone in the country has the same access to public transport as people in London.
    Liked by: Luna, sphinx

5. #5 | 2127102
    BC Member
    Ireland

AUG

Scrotnig
    OK - fine - let's start with theirs and their families!
    Liked by: sphinx

6. #6 | 2127104
    BC Member
    England

AUG

I have bought a Pony and trap........and I am NOT cleaning up its shit.
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.
    Fork Me is a decent type, pity he's such a twat!
    Liked by: LadyLush

7. #7 | 2127105
    BC Member
    Ireland

AUG

Scrotnig

They want private ownership banned and everyone using public transport or taxis.
    They might be able to afford to travel everywhere in taxis - the rest of us live in the real world!
    As for public transport - it is a joke. I cannot remember the last time I travelled on train that was on time, clean and not smelling of greasy food, lavatories or both. The 'bus services here are appalling - never on time - and frequently missing one out for no apparent reason.
    Liked by: Dordie

8. #8 | 2127106
    BC Member
    Ireland

AUG

Dordie
    Valuable stuff, Dordie, great for growing roses. You could broker a merger with Sphinxy and her pegs - and make yourselves a fortune!
    Liked by: LadyLush, sphinx

9. #9 | 2127109
    Fat, old hippy

AUG

Dordie
    I’ll have it for our allotment

10. #10 | 2127112
    Fluffed out
    England

AUG

Scrotnig

Yes because going to work and back every day in a taxi rather than your own car improves the environment, how exactly?

These people are not only thick and stupid but also London-centric and think everyone in the country has the same access to public transport as people in London.
    Haven't you always said that what happens after you're dead is of little concern to you?

Thread Information