Good news for Brexit, bad news for Germany and the EU.........(and the...
Started by BobBobson, 14th August 2019 20:09 in News & Current Affairs

1. #1 | 2126332
    BC Member
    Scotland

AUG

Default Good news for Brexit, bad news for Germany and the EU.........(and the rest of the...

Are the EU (Germany) really going to damage their exports even further by putting punitive tariffs on a post Brexit UK?

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-ge...-idUKKCN1UZ0I0

I really wouldn't have thought so.

The fact is, Germany is slipping into recession and if Germany slips into recession, then the whole Eurozone does also. This is of course part of a bad news story for the whole global economy, but I could see the EU being completely shaken up over the next decade, and the Euro currency unit either going down as a big failed experiment, or a whole bunch of nations being booted out of it, and/or voting themselves out of it.

.....of course, it will all be blamed on Trump's trade wars and Brexit, but a fact of life about our capitalist ponzi scheme economy, is that it implodes every 10 years or so, and every 40 odd years, we have a complete monetary paradigm shift. The world came off the Bretton Woods system in the mid 70's and have been on the Petrodollar ever since, so such a shift is well overdue.

Anyone buy gold when I told them to at $1300 a month or so ago?

Gold tagged the $1550 level yesterday, currently trading at $1520.

Gold is currently overbought, that is for sure, but looking out a year or two down the line, it is going to go up multiple times over.....and who knows.....if the shit really hits the fan it might be the only form of easily tradeable and transferable wealth that is worth shit.
    Scrot is a poof!
    Liked by: Bill. MC, Lord Ponsonby

2. #2 | 2126342
    The common sense poster

AUG

Default Re: Good news for Brexit, bad news for Germany and the EU.........(and the rest of...

The Germans tend to do self destructive shit (2 world wars for evidence) so I wouldn'd be that shocked.
    I'm a low educated, total guttersnipe, dim witted moron.

3. #3 | 2126343
    The common sense poster

AUG

Default Re: Good news for Brexit, bad news for Germany and the EU.........(and the rest of...

Germany falling as yet another good reason for Brexit ... and improving Britain's defences. Germany is dangerous, more so now their dream of European domination by politics is about to fail so they might well go back to the gun.

4. #4 | 2126344
    The common sense poster

AUG

Ode to joy
    Strength Through Joy

Not much attempt to hide what they are

5. #5 | 2126363
    Johnson OUT
    St Lucia

AUG

BobBobson
    Are the EU (Germany) really going to damage their exports even further by putting punitive tariffs on a post Brexit UK?
    Well we are constantly assured on this forum that Europe "doesn't have anything we need", now we are told the UK is their major export market. Go figure.

The fact is, Germany is slipping into recession
    So is the UK, thanks to Brexit. 2019 Q2 had negative growth, and the official definition of recession is two quarters of negative growth.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...it-uncertainty

Things are going to get worse if we crash out of the UK without a deal. Yes, the EU will suffer as well, but the UK will come off worse.

We need a trade and customs deal with the EU, but as long as Boris Johnson is in charge, we won't get one. People like him won't suffer, he's got stacks of cash.
    JOHNSON OUT - "Elected" by 0.14% of the population

Free Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe

Stand up to cyber bullying

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/a...erbullying.htm
    Liked by: Chris Mitchell

6. #6 | 2126366
    Smiter of the high and mighty.
    Google it.
    England

AUG

Go figure.

7. #7 | 2126368
    Smiter of the high and mighty.
    Google it.
    England

AUG

Only inadequate people think we can't survive without being in the EU. We've only ever been half in it anyway. Get rid, no deals.
    Liked by: sphinx

8. #8 | 2126369
    BC Member
    BC Team

AUG

Main thing is, we need to leave. Lefties, remainers and other treacherous anti-democratic types who think it's ok to overturn voting results they don't like will then learn a valuable lesson.
    Climate change is NOT an emergency
    Liked by: Nice Fred, sphinx

9. #9 | 2126384
    BC Member
    Scotland

AUG

Plutonium
    So is the UK, thanks to Brexit. 2019 Q2 had negative growth, and the official definition of recession is two quarters of negative growth.
    You haven't seen Germany's latest export figures have you? They (and the EU) aren't slipping into a recession, they are charging into a train wreck. There is big big trouble ahead for Germany/Eurozone.

None of this is going to be good for anyone.....

......but as for the EU punishing Britain for a no deal Brexit.....aint gonna happen. They are going to be too busy trying to safe themselves. Any political head pushing the punitive agenda in the midst of the economic shit storm that is in the pipelines will get fucking lynched.
    Scrot is a poof!
    Liked by: sphinx

10. #10 | 2126386
    Just an allusion
    England

AUG

BobBobson
    Anyone buy gold when I told them to at $1300 a month or so ago?

Gold tagged the $1550 level yesterday, currently trading at $1520.
    You really think your average BCer has the wherewithal to pop out and drop a few grand on gold. More likely to be down at Ramsdens selling their granny's jewellery for a few quid.

Gold is currently overbought, that is for sure, but looking out a year or two down the line, it is going to go up multiple times over.....and who knows.....if the shit really hits the fan it might be the only form of easily tradeable and transferable wealth that is worth shit.
    God help us if we ever do get to that point. I'm guessing if we did the banks would have gone out of business and you're not going to be able to do your Co-op shop with gold, it won't pay your utilities. Explain to me how Gold would protect the average Joe, surely it would more likely make him a target.
    Amusing smilies aside, you ought to realise that beneath what may sometimes appear to be banter, I do in fact despise you. Don't be flattered, my contempt is free to all lefties who support the indoctrination of children. ~ Memnoch, Dec 2014.
    Liked by: Chris Mitchell

Thread Information