Flash Player Phase Out
Started by TheDruid 3X3, 1st August 2019 01:58 in Computers, Phones & Gadgets

1. #1 | 2125111
    3X3 Triad Writer
    Canada

AUG

Default Flash Player Phase Out

I just got a Message that Flash Player will be getting Phased Out from Chrome.

Says that at the end of 2020, we will not be able to Play Arcade Games after Flash Player is Phased Out and from now on until then, we have to click an Icon in order to Enable Flash Player.

I had been wondering what was up as for the past 8 months or so, I would have to Click On Enable Flash Reader every time I wanted to Play the Flash Games. I originally thought that I had some Virus or an outdated Internet Access Program.

So from what I read, they are not putting into place anything to replace Flash Player. What is the Scam here?! Are they going to make us Pay $$$ to get the New Utility that replaces Flash Player?!

I bet that is what those Money Grubbing Assholes are doing!

3X3
    The More People I Have Known,
    The More I Loved My TwoWhiteSocks.

2. #2 | 2125112
    3X3 Triad Writer
    Canada

AUG

Default Re: Flash Player Phase Out

This is the Message I got:

Today, Adobe announced its plans to stop supporting Flash at the end of 2020.

For 20 years, Flash has helped shape the way that you play games, watch videos and run applications on the web. But over the last few years, Flash has become less common. Three years ago, 80 percent of desktop Chrome users visited a site with Flash each day. Today usage is only 17 percent and continues to decline.

This trend reveals that sites are migrating to open web technologies, which are faster and more power-efficient than Flash. They’re also more secure, so you can be safer while shopping, banking, or reading sensitive documents. They also work on both mobile and desktop, so you can visit your favorite site anywhere.

These open web technologies became the default experience for Chrome late last year when sites started needing to ask your permission to run Flash. Chrome will continue phasing out Flash over the next few years, first by asking for your permission to run Flash in more situations, and eventually disabling it by default. We will remove Flash completely from Chrome toward the end of 2020.

If you regularly visit a site that uses Flash today, you may be wondering how this affects you. If the site migrates to open web standards, you shouldn’t notice much difference except that you'll no longer see prompts to run Flash on that site. If the site continues to use Flash, and you give the site permission to run Flash, it will work through the end of 2020.

It’s taken a lot of close work with Adobe, other browsers, and major publishers to make sure the web is ready to be Flash-free. We’re supportive of Adobe’s announcement today, and we look forward to working with everyone to make the web even better.

POSTED IN: CHROME

3. #3 | 2125113
    3X3 Triad Writer
    Canada

AUG

And suddenly after getting that Message, I have to Double Click Everything to get Anything to Work.

What the Fuck is up with Chrome?!

3X3

4. #4 | 2125114
    Absquatulated

AUG

I want to play asteroids - Admin - Sort out this issue before I have to resort to slapping you with a wet fish.
    Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible, but only a little something for the weekend at the moment

5. #5 | 2125153
    3X3 Triad Writer
    Canada

AUG

Since getting those Messages, Chrome seems to be Slow and doing Minor Malfunctions.

And every time I Boot Up, it prompts me to Click on an Icon to Disable Flash Player.

So some reason, those Assholes are Trying Hard to get rid of Flash Player.

3X3

6. #6 | 2125527
    3X3 Triad Writer
    Canada

AUG

I bet that if I click on 'Turn Off' Icon on that Flash Player Tool Bar that keeps Popping Up every time I access Chrome that I will be Permanently Cut Off from being able to use Flash Player and then get Prompted to have to Buy the New Utility in order to Play BC Forum Games again.

Those Assholes are always doing things like this!

3X3

7. #7 | 2125528
    3X3 Triad Writer
    Canada

AUG

It Pisses Me Off that I Pay My Monthly Internet Access Bill and yet those Money Grubbing Assholes then perpetrate these Scams to get even more Money off of me!

3X3

8. #8 | 2125529
    BC Member
    BC Team

AUG

Nothing we can do about this. For now you need to click the icon, once Chrome disables it entirely you'll need to use a different browser to use Flash.

Internet Explorrer 11 will always allow Flash and that's on all Windows machines, even Windows 10 (it's just hidden). There will always be something available on the web that will play Flash.
    Liked by: Luna, sphinx

9. #9 | 2125565
    3X3 Triad Writer
    Canada

AUG

Scrotnig
    Nothing we can do about this.
    I Hate Nothing We Can Do!

10. #10 | 2125566
    Absquatulated

AUG

Microsoft are a bunch of bastards, and google can be a bit gitty as well
    Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible, but only a little something for the weekend at the moment

Thread Information