Facebook Community Groups
Started by Reg Perrin, 21st July 2019 22:23 in Talk & Chat

1. #1 | 2123957
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

JUL

Default Facebook Community Groups

iDon't know how many of you old farts are on facebook, but I am. I'm also a member of a couple of local groups, my old village group of Castleton near Rochdale and the Garden Village group where I live now. I've always been bugged by the way these groups can be subverted to the values of people like the Rightards in here. Negativity towards teenagers and foreigners and generally just paranoia about just about everything.
    Anyway...last night Mrs Perrin was on duty. Some arsehole in a rough area of the town she covers posted that they'd seen a kid abducted. It turned out they hadn't, they were just shit stirring against a neighbor. Vigilantes took it as a cue to go and kick shit out of anyone they thought capable of the act, the Police were inundated with reports about what kid it probably was and concerned groups were searching the streets.
    30 police officers were utilised to keep the peace, check out some of the leads (about other kids) that they were obliged to check out and reassure the community. This meant there were no police officers to assist in the rape and mental health crisis that Mrs perrin had to deal with...

2. #2 | 2123959
    Hammond and May out
    England

JUL

Default Re: Facebook Community Groups

Reg Perrin
    iDon't know how many of you old farts are on facebook, but I am. I'm also a member of a couple of local groups, my old village group of Castleton near Rochdale and the Garden Village group where I live now. I've always been bugged by the way these groups can be subverted to the values of people like the Rightards in here. Negativity towards teenagers and foreigners and generally just paranoia about just about everything.
    Anyway...last night Mrs Perrin was on duty. Some arsehole in a rough area of the town she covers posted that they'd seen a kid abducted. It turned out they hadn't, they were just shit stirring against a neighbor. Vigilantes took it as a cue to go and kick shit out of anyone they thought capable of the act, the Police were inundated with reports about what kid it probably was and concerned groups were searching the streets.
    30 police officers were utilised to keep the peace, check out some of the leads (about other kids) that they were obliged to check out and reassure the community. This meant there were no police officers to assist in the rape and mental health crisis that Mrs perrin had to deal with...
    Yeah...somebody has to keep Corbyns ruffians in check!
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.
    Fork Me is a decent type, pity he's such a twat!

3. #3 | 2123970
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

JUL

Dordie
    Yeah...somebody has to keep Corbyns ruffians in check!
    You're a typical member.

4. #4 | 2123971
    The common sense poster

JUL

Fake shit is illegal here and leaves the idiot prone to arrest
    I'm a low educated, total guttersnipe, dim witted moron.

5. #5 | 2123986
    Just an allusion
    England

JUL

Yes, I've noticed similar tendencies in my own community Facebook group. To the point where some of the characters remind me a lot of those in BC except it seems a lot more dangerous because those nutters really do know where each other lives. There's a lot of lynchmob mentality or things get said in there, taken out of context, twisted. The guy who set up the group is a real right whinger who rides around the village a lot on his bike, posting pictures and controversial comments then deletes people who take him to task. Basically trolling his own community. Because of all the rows that have gone on, splinter groups have been formed. Many a time I wish I had the popcorn eating emoji
    Amusing smilies aside, you ought to realise that beneath what may sometimes appear to be banter, I do in fact despise you. Don't be flattered, my contempt is free to all lefties who support the indoctrination of children. ~ Memnoch, Dec 2014.

6. #6 | 2123988
    Hammond and May out
    England

JUL

Alice
    Yes, I've noticed similar tendencies in my own community Facebook group. To the point where some of the characters remind me a lot of those in BC except it seems a lot more dangerous because those nutters really do know where each other lives. There's a lot of lynchmob mentality or things get said in there, taken out of context, twisted. The guy who set up the group is a real right whinger who rides around the village a lot on his bike, posting pictures and controversial comments then deletes people who take him to task. Basically trolling his own community. Because of all the rows that have gone on, splinter groups have been formed. Many a time I wish I had the popcorn eating emoji
    Type a few sleepy looking 'Z's
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.
    Fork Me is a decent type, pity he's such a twat!

7. #7 | 2124052
    Fluffed out
    England

JUL

Our local community Facebook group looks more like Karl's Forums, to be honest. They have vigilantes going "tut tut" at political incorrectness.
    Liked by: Dordie

Thread Information