I am in Athens!
Started by Fork Me, 12th July 2019 16:36 in Talk & Chat

1. #1 | 2123050
    BC Member
    Cyprus

JUL

Default I am in Athens!

...and I got a nice hotel upgrade. I got to the hotel I'd booked. They told me there was a "technical problem" with the room, and as they're full all they can do is upgrade me to a better (lot more expensive) hotel in the same chain. They provided an executive taxi (in Athens this means a better car than a normal taxi, but a lot more expensive) at their expense to get me there. Nice.

Weather is hot. Had a nice lunch with friends, now there's just time to shower and relax before going out for the evening.
    Please note that any abuse in this post is both intentional and deserved.

Anyone that feels the need to further point out that it contains abuse is clearly a total fucking moron who's also insulting YOUR intelligence by pointing out the bleeding obvious as if you were too fucking dumb to notice it.

This has been a public service annoncement by Fork Me. Have a nice fucking day.

2. #2 | 2123052
    Just an allusion
    England

JUL

Default Re: I am in Athens!

I only finish next Friday, spending most of my summer in London, Tenerife and North Wales this year. Got Carcassone booked for October and Malta next Feb. Still got Easter to plan but not sure where. Would like to try somewhere or something new. Maybe interrailing but I want to see how my backpacking in Wales goes first.
    Amusing smilies aside, you ought to realise that beneath what may sometimes appear to be banter, I do in fact despise you. Don't be flattered, my contempt is free to all lefties who support the indoctrination of children. ~ Memnoch, Dec 2014.

3. #3 | 2123054
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

JUL

Fork Me
    ...and I got a nice hotel upgrade. I got to the hotel I'd booked. They told me there was a "technical problem" with the room, and as they're full all they can do is upgrade me to a better (lot more expensive) hotel in the same chain. They provided an executive taxi (in Athens this means a better car than a normal taxi, but a lot more expensive) at their expense to get me there. Nice.

Weather is hot. Had a nice lunch with friends, now there's just time to shower and relax before going out for the evening.
    Sounds good FM 😀
    Liked by: Fork Me

4. #4 | 2123056
    Fluffed out
    England

JUL

Where are you going in Wales, Alice? Mid-Wales is great for backpacking and walking - a bit undiscovered, so pretty deserted but very beautiful.

5. #5 | 2123058
    Smiter of the high and mighty.
    Google it.
    England

JUL

Alice
    I only finish next Friday, spending most of my summer in London, Tenerife and North Wales this year. Got Carcassone booked for October and Malta next Feb. Still got Easter to plan but not sure where. Would like to try somewhere or something new. Maybe interrailing but I want to see how my backpacking in Wales goes first.
    Yeah, see how you get on with your controlling boyfriend 24 7 in rainy Wales first. Comes on now, on with your rucksack!

6. #6 | 2123059
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

JUL

Mid wales is lovely.... Ynyslas ..... fantastic beach goes on forever

7. #7 | 2123060
    Just an allusion
    England

JUL

Chris Mitchell
    Where are you going in Wales, Alice? Mid-Wales is great for backpacking and walking - a bit undiscovered, so pretty deserted but very beautiful.
    I'm doing the Wales Coastal path, obviously not all in one go, it's 870 miles long. Starting in Queensferry and ending up in Llanfairfechen or maybe a bit further, aiming to cover about 15 or so miles per day. Will have to do the rest in stages.
    Amusing smilies aside, you ought to realise that beneath what may sometimes appear to be banter, I do in fact despise you. Don't be flattered, my contempt is free to all lefties who support the indoctrination of children. ~ Memnoch, Dec 2014.

8. #8 | 2123061
    Fluffed out
    England

JUL

Alice
    I'm doing the Wales Coastal path, obviously not all in one go, it's 870 miles long. Starting in Queensferry and ending up in Llanfairfechen or maybe a bit further, aiming to cover about 15 or so miles per day. Will have to do the rest in stages.
    Fantastic!

9. #9 | 2123063
    Smiter of the high and mighty.
    Google it.
    England

JUL

Cosmic!

10. #10 | 2123065
    Johnson OUT
    St Lucia

JUL

Alice
    Where are you going in North Wales? Don't forget to drop in on Llandudno.

Welcome.JPG

Edit - see you've already answered that. The coastal path will presumably take you onto the Great Orme.
    JOHNSON OUT - "Elected" by 0.14% of the population

Free Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe

Stand up to cyber bullying

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/a...erbullying.htm

Thread Information