What kind of assistance should people get to get into employment?
Started by parsonstreet, 11th July 2019 14:11 in Talk & Chat

1. #1 | 2122919
    here
    Wales

JUL

Default What kind of assistance should people get to get into employment?

Discuss.
    Do not let the oppressed retreat in disgrace; may the poor and needy praise your name..

2. #2 | 2122921
    The common sense poster

JUL

Default Re: What kind of assistance should people get to get into employment?

They should get off their fat arses and prove they're worth employing
    I'm a low educated, total guttersnipe, dim witted moron.
    Liked by: superwoman

3. #3 | 2122975
    Hammond and May out
    England

JUL

Fuck off with your instructions.
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.
    Fork Me is a decent type, pity he's such a twat!

4. #4 | 2122977
    here
    Wales

JUL

Dordie
    Fuck off with your instructions.
    Okay. Discuss if you want to.
    Do not let the oppressed retreat in disgrace; may the poor and needy praise your name..

5. #5 | 2123075
    Hammond and May out
    England

JUL

A knocker up.
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.
    Fork Me is a decent type, pity he's such a twat!

6. #6 | 2123150
    BC Member
    Ireland

JUL

Are there not such places as 'Job Centres' that do exactly that - help people to find work? I understand they also offer help with writing CVs, letters etc., I seem to remember that Newspapers and Magazines have 'Situations Vacant' columns. There are also plenty of 'Agencies' - some that employ the low skilled or temps or casual labour - some that are more specific and find work for those with more qualifications, professionals, and/or disabled people,

There is already a full support system in place for people to find employment - if they really want to - what else would you suggest?
    Liked by: Plutonium

7. #7 | 2123183
    here
    Wales

JUL

Luna
    what else would you suggest?
    Matching suitable jobs with people.

I am not on job seekers allowance but if you are you have to apply for a certain amount of jobs to keep claiming it regardless of whether the jobs are suitable.

There are all sorts of barriers to getting a job including age and location.

8. #8 | 2123201
    Johnson OUT
    St Lucia

JUL

Luna
    There is already a full support system in place for people to find employment - if they really want to - what else would you suggest?
    Parsonstreet has made it clear that even if somebody knocked on his door with a job offer, he wouldn't take it because he has "anxiety, depression and autism".
    JOHNSON OUT - "Elected" by 0.14% of the population

Free Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe

Stand up to cyber bullying

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/a...erbullying.htm

9. #9 | 2123205
    here
    Wales

JUL

Plutonium
    Parsonstreet has made it clear that even if somebody knocked on his door with a job offer, he wouldn't take it because he has "anxiety, depression and autism".
    I haven't said anything of the sort. You are actually completely wrong here.

I would love someone to offer me a job that I could do an support me into it. To see if I work and for financial and future security.

If people do randomly offer you a job it is usually something inappropriate and in the employers interest not your own and not a career progress such as working for call center pestering people to buy things they don't need or want.

When I did start working in my teens it was easy to find work but the jobs were inappropriate for me and I didn't last in them. At one stage I worked in care for the Elderly. I didn't have a problem with the clients but had other problems there (It was badly run home). But I don't think anyone should be forced into looking after vulnerable people like the elderly if they are not suitable.

Most people in care work and Nursing etc are women they are clearly better at it on average than men. So I think people could be paired with Jobs which they are suitable for rather than just getting any job to appear to be working.

10. #10 | 2123223
    Johnson OUT
    St Lucia

JUL

parsonstreet
    I haven't said anything of the sort. You are actually completely wrong here.

I would love someone to offer me a job that I could do an support me into it. To see if I work and for financial and future security.
    So we return to the question, why aren't you doing anything to find a job?

My comment was hypothetical, nobody is going to knock on your door with a job offer. You do have to look for work. But you've got a PC and an Internet connection, so you can do that without leaving your house these days. If you spent 10% of the effort looking for jobs on the Internet, as you do moaning about your joblessness on this forum, you might actually get somewhere.
    JOHNSON OUT - "Elected" by 0.14% of the population

Free Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe

Stand up to cyber bullying

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/a...erbullying.htm

Thread Information