Cover versions that include at least one person from the original...
Started by Fork Me, 30th June 2019 15:40 in Music & Video

1. #1 | 2122009
    BC Member
    Cyprus

JUN

Default Cover versions that include at least one person from the original version....

OK, an obvious one to start, this is Public Enemy in 1987 with Bring The Noise.

...and here's thrash rockers Anthrax covering it in 1991 with Public Enemy's Chuck D back on vocals. This wasn't sampled, Chuck D went into the studio with Anthrax and rerecorded the vocals.

Interestingly both Anthrax and Public Enemy released an album that year and this version of the track was on both.

The idea was Anthrax', they contacted Public Enemy's management with the idea. Chuck D said he didn't take it seriously at first but once he'd heard the result it was the most obvious thing ever.
    Please note that any abuse in this post is both intentional and deserved.

Anyone that feels the need to further point out that it contains abuse is clearly a total fucking moron who's also insulting YOUR intelligence by pointing out the bleeding obvious as if you were too fucking dumb to notice it.

This has been a public service annoncement by Fork Me. Have a nice fucking day.

2. #2 | 2122010
    BC Member
    Cyprus

JUN

Default Re: Cover versions that include at least one person from the original version....

Of course, that collaboration may have been influence by this more famous one. This time it was a rap band that used a rock band's track and made initital contact.

I love this video, even better than the track itself. It revitalised the careers of both bands. Aerosmith were introduced to a whole new younger audience and had a huge revival and it got the career of Run DMC off the ground being their biggest hit at the time.

Anyone that feels the need to further point out that it contains abuse is clearly a total fucking moron who's also insulting YOUR intelligence by pointing out the bleeding obvious as if you were too fucking dumb to notice it.

3. #3 | 2122011
    BC Member
    Cyprus

JUN

Default Re: Cover versions that include at least one person from the original version....

Here's an odd one. First, 1966

Then, in 1971

"Hang on", I hear you say, "Neil Diamond was never in The Monkees". True, but he wrote it which was his involvement in The Monkees version.

(Actually, I have to admit, this one's a bit of a cheat, Neil Diamond did put it on an album in 1966, but no-one noticed. Technically, I'm not sure which one counts as the cover because the Neil Diamond one was recorded first, but The Monkees one was released first!)

4. #4 | 2122015
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

JUN

Surprise Surprise!!!! John Lennon BTW

5. #5 | 2122016
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

JUN

The Bee Gees are great and do it for loads of other artists.

6. #6 | 2122021
    BC Member
    Cyprus

JUN

Reg Perrin
    The Bee Gees are great and do it for loads of other artists.

https://youtu.be/mJule_2mx3I

https://youtu.be/8VCuCm6XKeA
    My Dad knew The Bee Gees when they were mere youngsters in Australia. They supported him in a club on the Gold Coast.

Thread Information