Japan v England
Started by Reg Perrin, 20th June 2019 11:44 in Sport, Hobbies & Pastimes

1. #1 | 2121253
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

JUN

Default Japan v England

Anyway, my conclusion from last night's game is this, in short. I've been to many games at Newcastle and Preston when at some point during the game I've thought, how much longer is there of this to go. Similarly with matches on telly, the European cup final of the other day being a case in point. Even technically brilliant football like Spain's tika taka can be impressive to watch, and obviously successful, but ultimately it can be boring. Last night's game flew over and I found myself disappointed that the game had actually ended. You can't want for more than that, can you. So, entertainment is the key and I hope the women's game or maybe men's at a lower level will provide that. As far as the game itself, I thought the Japanese were great, industrious, skillful and well organised. They pressed England into many errors. Their problem, I think, was that they were all just too small. I don't know whether it came over on telly but in the stadium it looked like really skillful kids sometimes playing against adults. Daly on the right wing was brilliant, the stand out player for me. She reminded me of when Tony Morley played for Preston and when he got that ball on the right wing you just thought anything could happen

2. #2 | 2121821
    Johnson OUT
    St Lucia

JUN

Default Re: Japan v England

I like the feisty lady who plays No 7 for Cameroon.

cameroon.JPG
    JOHNSON OUT - "Elected" by 0.14% of the population

Free Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe

Stand up to cyber bullying

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/a...erbullying.htm

3. #3 | 2121822
    Hammond and May out
    England

JUN

Default Re: Japan v England

Reg Perrin
    Anyway, my conclusion from last night's game is this, in short. I've been to many games at Newcastle and Preston when at some point during the game I've thought, how much longer is there of this to go. Similarly with matches on telly, the European cup final of the other day being a case in point. Even technically brilliant football like Spain's tika taka can be impressive to watch, and obviously successful, but ultimately it can be boring. Last night's game flew over and I found myself disappointed that the game had actually ended. You can't want for more than that, can you. So, entertainment is the key and I hope the women's game or maybe men's at a lower level will provide that. As far as the game itself, I thought the Japanese were great, industrious, skillful and well organised. They pressed England into many errors. Their problem, I think, was that they were all just too small. I don't know whether it came over on telly but in the stadium it looked like really skillful kids sometimes playing against adults. Daly on the right wing was brilliant, the stand out player for me. She reminded me of when Tony Morley played for Preston and when he got that ball on the right wing you just thought anything could happen
    You posted that for your good friend, Memnoch to enjoy on his return, very kind of you and a rare occurrence from your good self.
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.
    Fork Me is a decent type, pity he's such a twat!

Thread Information