Britain's Got Talent - 2019 Final
Started by Scrotnig, 2nd June 2019 19:38 in TV & Entertainment

1. #1 | 2119002
    BC Member
    BC Team

JUN

Default Britain's Got Talent - 2019 Final

Does anyone watch this any more?

I haven't seen any of this year's shows, but have the final on in the background.

I find what little interest I had in this sort of thing a decade ago has all but evaporated.

2. #2 | 2119020
    Independent
    United Kingdom

JUN

Default Re: Britain's Got Talent - 2019 Final

Seen bits of it. The usual automatic four yeses for a sob story, feeding the delusions of twelve year olds who think they can dance, and planted professionals pretending to be newcomers like Peter Kay's mate Barbara Nice.
    I did actually laugh out loud at a stand up comic, which is rare for me, I generally loath stand up. Youngish bloke talking about his strict African upbringing: Points at his face and says "I'm actually mixed race... this is a bruise".

The winner will be the singing Chelsea pensioner because awwww isn't he lovely.

3. #3 | 2119089
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

JUN

Memnoch
    Seen bits of it. The usual automatic four yeses for a sob story, feeding the delusions of twelve year olds who think they can dance, and planted professionals pretending to be newcomers like Peter Kay's mate Barbara Nice.
    I did actually laugh out loud at a stand up comic, which is rare for me, I generally loath stand up. Youngish bloke talking about his strict African upbringing: Points at his face and says "I'm actually mixed race... this is a bruise".

The winner will be the singing Chelsea pensioner because awwww isn't he lovely.
    LOL

4. #4 | 2119124
    BC Member
    Cyprus

JUN

Memnoch
    Saw him on YouTube, very funny.

I don't have UK TV here, it's cheap enough to get, I just haven't bothered. I haven't bothered to even plug an aerial into my TV, it's just permanently linked to my laptop. So for things like BGT, I just watch the clips that look ineteresting on YouTube. Means I can skip through the silly sob stories.
    Please note that any abuse in this post is both intentional and deserved.

Anyone that feels the need to further point out that it contains abuse is clearly a total fucking moron who's also insulting YOUR intelligence by pointing out the bleeding obvious as if you were too fucking dumb to notice it.

This has been a public service announcement by Fork Me. Have a nice fucking day.
    Liked by: sphinx

5. #5 | 2119418
    here
    Wales

JUN

Britain's got Capitalistic tricks.
    Do not let the oppressed retreat in disgrace; may the poor and needy praise your name..

6. #6 | 2119428
    BC Member
    BC Team

JUN

Memnoch
    The winner will be the singing Chelsea pensioner
    Uncanny.

7. #7 | 2119460
    Independent
    United Kingdom

JUN

Did he win? I didn't watch the results.

8. #8 | 2119481
    BC Member
    BC Team

JUN

Memnoch
    Did he win? I didn't watch the results.
    Yes he did. I was shocked and amazed.

9. #9 | 2119536
    here
    Wales

JUN

Amanda Holden makes this show unwatchable.
    Do not let the oppressed retreat in disgrace; may the poor and needy praise your name..

10. #10 | 2119600
    Independent
    United Kingdom

JUN

Scrotnig
    I was shocked.
    But were you surprised? It stopped being a talent show from the very first winner. Paul Potts won because he was better than people expected him to be based on his looks, but he wasn't the most talented person in the contest. It's been that way ever since. When you accept that it's not a talent contest but a popularity contest it makes boring, predictable sense. The old soldier won because everyone loves him, not his singing. People with film star looks who can do extraordinary things beyond the abilities of Joe Public Esq. are never going to win that kind of show.

Thread Information