Corbyn boycotts Trump visit
Started by Scrotnig, 27th April 2019 00:38 in Serious Discussion

1. #11 | 2113665
    BC Member
    Cyprus

APR

Default Re: Corbyn boycotts Trump visit

Scrotnig
    Or it shows that he’s a typical leftie who wants to ban and boycott everything they disagree with.
    It's interesting isn't it?

When many MPs were trying to get peace in Northern Ireland, Corbyn was one of many that met with those involved, including terrorists. Had he (and others, including John Major) not we might never have got peace, and yet the rightards (including the rightard press) accuse him of being a terrorist sympathiser for it.

Now he doesn't want to sit with Trump, when there is no reason for him to, and you accuse him of "wanting to ban and boycott everything he disagrees with". The real stupidity of rightard politics.

What you REALLY seem to want is for him to refuse to talk to people YOU disagree with and those only.
    Please note that any abuse in this post is both intentional and deserved.

Anyone that feels the need to further point out that it contains abuse is clearly a total fucking moron who's also insulting YOUR intelligence by pointing out the bleeding obvious as if you were too fucking dumb to notice it.

This has been a public service annoncement by Fork Me. Have a nice fucking day.

2. #12 | 2113667
    BC Member
    Cyprus

APR

Scrotnig
    He is the US president. We do not have a choice.
    The most stupid point you've ever made, and there's some SERIOUS competition.

Only 2 US presidents have ever paid a State Visit to the UK. It isn't something done for just anybody.

Yes, we have to let him visit, but an actual State Visit is something special, there is no requirement for it.

Anyone that feels the need to further point out that it contains abuse is clearly a total fucking moron who's also insulting YOUR intelligence by pointing out the bleeding obvious as if you were too fucking dumb to notice it.

3. #13 | 2113670
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

APR

Fork Me
    Yes, we have to let him visit, but an actual State Visit is something special, there is no requirement for it.
    Why do we have to let him visit? I know it would be silly not to, but fuckin hell....I thought we had control over our borders with the exception of EU citizens?

4. #14 | 2113679
    BC Member
    Cyprus

APR

Reg Perrin
    Why do we have to let him visit? I know it would be silly not to, but fuckin hell....I thought we had control over our borders with the exception of EU citizens?
    This is true, but international relations are important, no matter how unpalatable their leader.

5. #15 | 2113682
    Fluffed out
    England

APR

Scrotnig
    So are you saying that when everyone claimed that Brexit meant "taking back control", it was all a sham, since we have to do what the US tells us to do anyway?

6. #16 | 2113683
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

APR

Fork Me
    This is true, but international relations are important, no matter how unpalatable their leader.
    I think there is no better time, and no better country to say a great big Fuck you to Trump and the USA. Followed of course by a Remain vote in any second referendum.

7. #17 | 2113686
    BC Member
    England

APR

Out of convention he should attend, but well done for making a stance and not being like a robotic regime follower.
    Corbyn, Corbyn, Corbyn, Corbyn!!!

8. #18 | 2113754
    Fat, old hippy

APR

Scrotnig
    Of course we do. Hes awful.

9. #19 | 2113768
    BC Member
    BC Team

APR

LadyLush
    Of course we do. He’s awful.
    Yes he is. I don't like him at all. But snubbing the US is not the way to go. We have to look at the longer term, and Trump won't be there forever.
    Climate change is NOT an emergency

10. #20 | 2113781
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

APR

Scrotnig
    Yes he is. I don't like him at all. But snubbing the US is not the way to go. We have to look at the longer term, and Trump won't be there forever.
    What about looking at the long term and presenting ourselves with some integrity?

Thread Information