Tomorrow is the last..
Started by Dordie, 30th March 2018 20:07 in Talk & Chat

1. #1 | 2073663
    Hammond and May out
    England

MAR

Default Tomorrow is the last..

Day of March. It has been the coldest March in my living memory. Let's hope April brings something better.
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.
    Fork Me is a decent type, pity he's such a twat!

2. #2 | 2073664
    BC Member
    Ireland

MAR

Default Re: Tomorrow is the last..

I didn't think it was that bad, Dordie !

3. #3 | 2073665
    Fluffed out
    England

MAR

Dordie
    Day of March. It has been the coldest March in my living memory. Let's hope April brings something better.
    You must have been very drunk in 1963, then.

4. #4 | 2073669
    Hammond and May out
    England

MAR

Chris Mitchell
    You must have been very drunk in 1963, then.
    I don't know the temperatures from 63 but, they would have had to be very low to beat this March.
    Liked by: sphinx

5. #5 | 2073673
    BC Member
    BC Team

MAR

250,000 pensioners died in 1963 from cold-related illnesses, according to Jax.
    Please note that any pointing out of abuse in this post is both intentional and deserved.

Anyone that feels the need to swear at me for pointing out abuse is clearly a leftie whos been bested in an argument and whos also insulting YOUR intelligence by pointing out the bleeding obvious as if you were too dumb to notice it.

This has been a public service announcement by Scrotnig. Have a nice abuse-free day.
    Liked by: nicknotnicked

6. #6 | 2073680
    Hammond and May out
    England

MAR

Scrotnig
    250,000 pensioners died in 1963 from cold-related illnesses, according to Jax.
    Did they all die in March which is the thread topic? 63 went on for 3 months.

7. #7 | 2073683
    Fluffed out
    England

MAR

Dordie
    Did they all die in March which is the thread topic? 63 went on for 3 months.
    Started on Boxing Day 1962, apparently (according to my mum). My friend John was born in March 1963, and his mother was completely snowed in, in Devon, and couldn't get to the hospital.

8. #8 | 2073686
    Hammond and May out
    England

MAR

Chris Mitchell
    Started on Boxing Day 1962, apparently (according to my mum). My friend John was born in March 1963, and his mother was completely snowed in, in Devon, and couldn't get to the hospital.
    I could not drive lorries, could not build so went into Hotpoint making....wait for it......the little compressor engines that you can hear cutting in when refrigerator temperature needs to be dropped.
    Liked by: Chris Mitchell

9. #9 | 2073688
    Important staff person.
    Unbiased admin.
    BC Team
    South Africa

MAR

Chris Mitchell
    Must have been early March then.

March 1963
    The thaw set in during early March; 6 March was the first morning of the year without any frost anywhere in Britain. The temperatures soon soared to 17 C (62.6 F) and the remaining snow rapidly disappeared.
    wiki

I remember that winter well. I was preggers with my eldest daughter, and moved to the south coast in March '63. No snow left then thank goodness.
    Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Phil 4:8 KJV

10. #10 | 2073690
    Fluffed out
    England

MAR

sphinx
    Must have been early March then.

March 1963
    The thaw set in during early March; 6 March was the first morning of the year without any frost anywhere in Britain. The temperatures soon soared to 17 C (62.6 F) and the remaining snow rapidly disappeared.
    wiki

I remember that winter well. I was preggers with my eldest daughter, and moved to the south coast in March '63. No snow left then thank goodness.
    I have very vague memories of playing in the snow outside in our garden when I was very, very young, but as I'd only have been two then (just coming up to my third birthday), I'm not sure that that particular memory was a genuine one of 1963, or if I'm superimposing a later memory onto an earlier one.

As for my friend John - yes, very early March (2nd I think). In like a lion, out like a lamb!
    Liked by: sphinx

Thread Information