My cat is in the doghouse
Started by Alice, 3rd October 2016 19:04 in Pets, Wildlife & Gardens

1. #1 | 1992539
    Just an allusion
    England

OCT

Default My cat is in the doghouse

I bought some of those Happy Egg, eggs. White ones, I didn't even realise they sold such a thing by the half dozen. In the olden days I think you just bought eggs and sometimes you got a couple of white ones and sometimes you didn't. Bit of a lucky dip, so to speak. Anyway, tonight's dinner involved scrambled eggs. Or it did until my cat decided to stick her tongue in my Pyrex dish. I love my cat but I draw the line at scrambled egg mixed with cat saliva.
    Amusing smilies aside, you ought to realise that beneath what may sometimes appear to be banter, I do in fact despise you. Don't be flattered, my contempt is free to all lefties who support the indoctrination of children. ~ Memnoch, Dec 2014.

2. #2 | 1992540
    Hammond and May out
    England

OCT

Default Re: My cat is in the doghouse

Alice
    I bought some of those Happy Egg, eggs. White ones, I didn't even realise they sold such a thing by the half dozen. In the olden days I think you just bought eggs and sometimes you got a couple of white ones and sometimes you didn't. Bit of a lucky dip, so to speak. Anyway, tonight's dinner involved scrambled eggs. Or it did until my cat decided to stick her tongue in my Pyrex dish. I love my cat but I draw the line at scrambled egg mixed with cat saliva.
    Kill it.
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.
    Fork Me is a decent type, pity he's such a twat!

3. #3 | 1992542
    Just an allusion
    England

OCT

I just told her what you said. Her reply isn't repeatable.
    Amusing smilies aside, you ought to realise that beneath what may sometimes appear to be banter, I do in fact despise you. Don't be flattered, my contempt is free to all lefties who support the indoctrination of children. ~ Memnoch, Dec 2014.
    Liked by: sphinx

4. #4 | 1992551
    Hammond and May out
    England

OCT

Alice
    I just told her what you said. Her reply isn't repeatable.
    I know what it was, I've heard it all before.

5. #5 | 1992554
    Independent
    United Kingdom

OCT

Alice
    In the olden days I think you just bought eggs and sometimes you got a couple of white ones and sometimes you didn't.
    As you no doubt remember, being much older than me, most eggs were white until people got the (mistaken as it turns out) idea that anything brown is better. And contrary to popular belief it has nothing to do with what the chickens eat. Generally, white hens lay white eggs and brown hens lay brown eggs and most producers use the breeds that lay brown eggs because that's what people want. It may be my imagination but I think white eggs have a more golden colour to their yolks.

Brown eggs and white eggs are nutritionally the same. However, brown bread and brown rice are very not good.
    YOU LOST. AGAIN.

6. #6 | 1992556
    Just an allusion
    England

OCT

The yolks were yellower, if that means anything.

7. #7 | 1992564
    Hammond and May out
    England

OCT

Alice
    The yolks were yellower, if that means anything.
    Eggs is eggs is eggs.

8. #8 | 1992597
    Fluffed out
    England

OCT

Memnoch
    As you no doubt remember, being much older than me, most eggs were white until people got the (mistaken as it turns out) idea that anything brown is better. And contrary to popular belief it has nothing to do with what the chickens eat. Generally, white hens lay white eggs and brown hens lay brown eggs and most producers use the breeds that lay brown eggs because that's what people want. It may be my imagination but I think white eggs have a more golden colour to their yolks.

Brown eggs and white eggs are nutritionally the same. However, brown bread and brown rice are very not good.
    Strangely enough, devout Jews buy white eggs because they allegedly have fewer blood specks in them than brown eggs. And, naturally, if you inadvertently eat a drop of chicken's blood with your egg, God will strike you down and curse your descendants for seven generations, because he's a bit OCD like that.

I'm not sure that "Happy" eggs are free-range anyway, so not sure how happy the chickens are.

9. #9 | 1992602
    Hammond and May out
    England

OCT

Chris Mitchell
    so not sure how happy the chickens are.
    Never heard one complain.

10. #10 | 1992603
    Independent
    United Kingdom

OCT

Chris Mitchell
    I'm not sure that "Happy" eggs are free-range anyway, so not sure how happy the chickens are.
    I know the white ones I buy are definitely from free-ranging chickens - they live on a farm about two miles from my house where I have occasionally bought the eggs direct, and I've seen them packaged there for several nearby shops including the petrol station where I usually buy mine. I asked one of the farm workers why they're so cheap and she told me it's because the hens that lay them are smaller and need less feed, but the eggs are no smaller on average than the more expensive ones.
    YOU LOST. AGAIN.
    Liked by: Chris Mitchell

Thread Information