Why aren't all leftists vegetarian?
Started by Equinox, 12th January 2020 21:06 in Talk & Chat

1. #1 | 2143909
    Sorting out spastics

JAN

Question Why aren't all leftists vegetarian?

We are now being lectured daily y leftists about the damage being done to the environment by eating meat, of all things.

Well, if eating meat is so bad, why isn't every single leftist a vegetarian? Hmmm?

Most of them seem to eat meat with GAY ABANDON. Many of them literally but we won't go there because this is a family post with standards.

So, why are leftists such hypocrites?

2. #2 | 2143918
    Independent
    United Kingdom

JAN

Default Re: Why aren't all leftists vegetarian?

Equinox
    We are now being lectured daily y leftists about the damage being done to the environment by eating meat, of all things.

Well, if eating meat is so bad, why isn't every single leftist a vegetarian? Hmmm?

Most of them seem to eat meat with GAY ABANDON. Many of them literally but we won't go there because this is a family post with standards.

Lefties are hypocrites because they think they are above the standards they presume to apply to other people, but what does that have to do with eating meat? Not all vegetarians are left wing and not all left wingers are vegetarians. So what?

Would you accuse right wingers of hypocrisy purely on the grounds that some of them like Beethoven and some of them don't?

Would you call me a left wing right wing hypocrite on the grounds that I don't like Beethoven and I'm trying to eat alternatives to meat because I think the case against industrial farming sounds like a very good one? Do you seriously imagine either of those positions speaks a single syllable about my political leaning?

There are a million more sensible reasons for accusing the left - or the right or anyone else - of hypocrisy. You didn't need to invent a stupid one.

3. #3 | 2143931
    Fluffed out
    England

JAN

Equinox

I was vegetarian for a while, but then I found out Hitler was, and it suddenly didn't seem so leftie any more.
    Liked by: Plutonium, sphinx

4. #4 | 2143945
    Partially absquatulated

JAN

Because they are all hypocrites
    I know things most people have to google

5. #5 | 2143975
    BC Member
    BC Team

JAN

Chris Mitchell
    I was vegetarian for a while, but then I found out Hitler was, and it suddenly didn't seem so leftie any more.
    Hitler also apparently got the trains running on time, so the same theory might well explain the sh*tshow that is our railway system today.

6. #6 | 2143982
    Prince Harry for our next
    King!
    St Lucia

JAN

Scrotnig
    Hitler also apparently got the trains running on time, so the same theory might well explain the sh*tshow that is our railway system today.
    I thought that was Mussolini.
    Don't blame me, I voted Labour!

Free Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe

Stand up to cyber bullying

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/a...erbullying.htm

Ignore list: Joke 90 and his sock puppets

7. #7 | 2144002
    Prince Harry for our next
    King!
    St Lucia

JAN

Equinox

Not all leftists are the same. Leftists are not saints, they suffer from human failings like those of other persuasions.

I can only speak for myself. I have cut down on meat without eliminating it completely. Some days I go completely without meat. Some days I eat fish. Some days I my diet is entirely vegetarian, occasionally it is vegan.

Not all meat is the same. Some of it is raised on a sustainable basis. For example the meat at my works canteen is from Red Tractor compliant sources.
    Don't blame me, I voted Labour!

Free Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe

Stand up to cyber bullying

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/a...erbullying.htm

Ignore list: Joke 90 and his sock puppets

8. #8 | 2144003
    BC Member
    Cyprus

JAN

Scrotnig
    Hitler also apparently got the trains running on time,
    That was Mussolini, and he didn't get them running on time, he just made it illegal to report when they were running late, so people assumed they were running on time.
    Please note that any abuse in this post is both intentional and deserved.

Anyone that feels the need to further point out that it contains abuse is clearly a total fucking moron who's also insulting YOUR intelligence by pointing out the bleeding obvious as if you were too fucking dumb to notice it.

This has been a public service announcement by Fork Me. Have a nice fucking day.
    Liked by: Chris Mitchell, sphinx

9. #9 | 2144057
    Smiter of the high and mighty.
    Google it.
    England

JAN

Fork Me
    That was Mussolini, and he didn't get them running on time, he just made it illegal to report when they were running late, so people assumed they were running on time.
    What a good idea.
    Liked by: Chris Mitchell, sphinx

Thread Information