How hapless is Iran?
Started by parsonstreet, 11th January 2020 19:55 in News & Current Affairs

1. #61 | 2144180
    Partially absquatulated

JAN

Default Re: How hapless is Iran?

Plutonium
    That was a tragic accident. Downing the Ukraine Airlines plane wasn't an accident.
    No, it was an almighty cock up committed by people expecting to defend against an attack.
    I know things most people have to google

2. #62 | 2144203
    BC Member
    Cyprus

JAN

Plutonium
    Well why don't you take that up with UK government, hey?
    Why do you think I would have any interest whatsoever in doing that?

They're sabre rattling, like governments always do at times like this.

It means nothing.
    Please note that any abuse in this post is both intentional and deserved.

Anyone that feels the need to further point out that it contains abuse is clearly a total fucking moron who's also insulting YOUR intelligence by pointing out the bleeding obvious as if you were too fucking dumb to notice it.

This has been a public service announcement by Fork Me. Have a nice fucking day.
    Liked by: Bill. MC, sphinx

3. #63 | 2144204
    BC Member
    Cyprus

JAN

Plutonium
    I've already ...
    ...spouted a load of waffle that didn't explain what difference it made at all. It was totally irrelevent, and still is.

Anyone that feels the need to further point out that it contains abuse is clearly a total fucking moron who's also insulting YOUR intelligence by pointing out the bleeding obvious as if you were too fucking dumb to notice it.

This has been a public service announcement by Fork Me. Have a nice fucking day.
    Liked by: sphinx

4. #64 | 2144205
    BC Member
    Cyprus

JAN

Plutonium
    That was a tragic accident. Downing the Ukraine Airlines plane wasn't an accident.
    Really? You think Iran DELIBERATELY shot down a passenger plane full of Iranians?

What tiniest shred of evidence do you have for this?

5. #65 | 2144215
    BC Member
    England

JAN

Pluto

I don't have a great deal of time to read every post, I must visit BC for about quarter of an hour a day, I am going with the four years the Yanks took to own up, until I hear different, and just because they took so long doesn't justify the Iranian accident, is it so wrong to to have caused an accident like this? They are not two 'wrongs' really, they were accidents. Re Corbyn, he is supposed to oppose the government and he does, you have fallen for the press brainwashery and I will make a prediction that I expect will be 100% accurate, in some future time you will realise you were wrong about Corbyn, he is and was miles ahead of Foot and Smith who people get sentimental over.
    Corbyn, Corbyn, Corbyn, Corbyn!!!

6. #66 | 2144217
    Prince Harry for our next
    King!
    St Lucia

JAN

wishingwell
    Pluto

I don't have a great deal of time to read every post, I must visit BC for about quarter of an hour a day, I am going with the four years the Yanks took to own up, until I hear different, and just because they took so long doesn't justify the Iranian accident, is it so wrong to to have caused an accident like this? They are not two 'wrongs' really, they were accidents.
    I depends how you define an 'accident'. If somebody gets pissed out of their head, gets into a car, and kills several people while driving, is that an 'accident'?

If somebody negligently fires a missile at a passenger jet, without making proper checks on what it actually is, is that an 'accident'?

Re Corbyn, he is supposed to oppose the government and he does,
    Yes, but not very well. And I'm not the only person to say that.

you have fallen for the press brainwashery
    If Corbyn had led Labour to victory at the polls, then you would have a point. Instead he led Labour to its worst defeat (in terms of seats won) since 1935. So which of us is looking brainwashed at the moment?

I make up my own mind on the information I gather. I don't read the Daily Mail, Daily Express, Daily Telegraph or Sun, the main papers who can be expected to oppose Labour whoever the leader is, and who all said "vote Conservative" (in different words) at the general election.

I do read "i", the New Statesman, and Private Eye, left leaning or neutral, and get information from the Internet.

When Corbyn was elected I made it clear that I didn't think he could win an election for Labour. First, because he is too far to the left to win the middle of the road voters who are essential to win any election. Second, because he does not have leadership qualities. My views have been borne out by events.

Corbyn is the "man with the placard", the protestor who is good with a megaphone on the street. He doesn't have what it takes to make tough decisions, such as on Brexit or the anti-semitism problem within Labour. Any tough decision is going to alienate some people (ask Mrs Thatcher), but trying to sit on the fence eventually alienates everyone.

He was never going to win an election for Labour in a month of Sundays, and that has been borne out by events, although it is true that even I didn't predict the scale of the Tory victory or the scale of the collapse of Labour's vote in its northern heartlands. It's already lost Scotland, now it looks like it's losing the North.

and I will make a prediction that I expect will be 100% accurate, in some future time you will realise you were wrong about Corbyn, he is and was miles ahead of Foot and Smith who people get sentimental over.
    Thanks Mystic Meg, I'll bear that in mind. However I base my position on the undeniable events that have taken place under Corbyn's leadership, including Labour's crushing defeat under the said leadership, and whatever happens in the future can't change the past.

BTW, I don't get sentimental about Foot or Smith. Foot was bloody useless as well. Smith didn't have a chance to prove himself before his untimely death, so we cannot know what his leadership would have been like in the long term.
    Don't blame me, I voted Labour!

Free Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe

Stand up to cyber bullying

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/a...erbullying.htm

Ignore list: Joke 90 and his sock puppets

7. #67 | 2144437
    BC Member
    BC Team

JAN

Union Flags were being burned in Iran last week by demonstrators chanting 'Death To Britain'.

Then you come into a thread about Iran, and - surprise, surprise - you find lefties defending the country.

Liked by: parsonstreet, sphinx

8. #68 | 2144468
    BC Member
    Cyprus

JAN

Scrotnig
    Union Flags were being burned in Iran last week by demonstrators chanting 'Death To Britain'.

Then you come into a thread about Iran, and - surprise, surprise - you find lefties defending the country.

Do you?

That isn't what I see.

I uphold the truth, whether it's convenient or not.

Thread Information