Flower Pressing Art
Started by TheDruid 3X3, 28th August 2017 05:01 in Photography & Art

1. #1 | 2045663
    3X3 Triad Writer
    Isle of Man

AUG

Default Flower Pressing Art

Awens to All:

Last year, I took up the Art of Flower Pressing in order to Press the Jerusalem Artichoke Daisies that come from the Community Garden I like doing Volunteer Gardening on. I made several batches of Pressing Sunchoke Daisies after doing a spot of Research on how to do it.

Here are a few Website that give Good Information on how to Press Flowers:

http://www.proflowers.com/blog/how-to-press-flowers

http://www.wikihow.com/Press-Flowers

and

http://www.finegardening.com/pressing-flowers

Last Year, I made Three Batches of Pressed Jerusalem Artichoke Daisies of which I still have 7 left.

Here is my Latest Batch of Pressed Daisies that I just completed:

Of course, it is also a General Art Form so here are some other examples of Pressed Flower Art:

and

And there are even some YouTubes on how to Press Flowers:

So I am enjoying the Art of Pressing Flowers.

3X3
    The More People I Have Known,
    The More I Loved My TwoWhiteSocks.
    Liked by: sphinx

2. #2 | 2045713
    Independent
    United Kingdom

AUG

Default Re: Flower Pressing Art

Delusion is a strange thing. Tone deaf people with out-of-control voices go on talent shows and liken themselves to famous singers. And KiNo posts a photo of some tatty flowers plonked randomly on a piece of paper alongside many photos of artfully arranged flowers and genuinely thinks his effort is in the same league. If a four year old presented that, even the most optimistic of parents would conclude that their progeny was not destined for a remotely artistic future.
    YOU LOST. AGAIN.

3. #3 | 2045818
    3X3 Triad Writer
    Isle of Man

AUG

The one thing I do differently with my Pressed Daisies is a Preserve them by Gluing them between Two Sheets of Plastic.

That way, they can be Mailed Off or Given to some Lovely Lady without them Falling Apart or becoming Damaged.

3X3
    The More People I Have Known,
    The More I Loved My TwoWhiteSocks.
    Liked by: sphinx

4. #4 | 2045834
    Clique? What Clique?
    England

AUG

TheDruid 3X3
    The one thing I do differently with my Pressed Daisies is a Preserve them by Gluing them between Two Sheets of Plastic.

That way, they can be Mailed Off or Given to some Lovely Lady without them Falling Apart or becoming Damaged.

3X3
    Daisies are soooooo romantic.

5. #5 | 2045840
    Just an allusion
    England

AUG

Bluebells are nicer.
    Amusing smilies aside, you ought to realise that beneath what may sometimes appear to be banter, I do in fact despise you. Don't be flattered, my contempt is free to all lefties who support the indoctrination of children. ~ Memnoch, Dec 2014.

6. #6 | 2045843
    Just an allusion
    England

AUG

I don't press flowers but I do dry bunches of them out and hang them up as decorations outside.
    Amusing smilies aside, you ought to realise that beneath what may sometimes appear to be banter, I do in fact despise you. Don't be flattered, my contempt is free to all lefties who support the indoctrination of children. ~ Memnoch, Dec 2014.

7. #7 | 2045845
    an enemy of the status
    Vatican City State

AUG

I sometimes keep dried flowers or lavender in pots. LAvender is fun if you hoover it up because it makes a nice smell.

8. #8 | 2045859
    Independent
    United Kingdom

AUG

Gather a large quantity of petals of flowers you like the smell of, press them into blotting paper, put the blotting paper and the remains of the petals in a pot of cold water and simmer. The resulting concoction can be used as a spray to freshen up your soft furnishings or as a flavouring to add aroma to all sorts of dishes... curries, desserts, salads, whatever yanks your chain.
    YOU LOST. AGAIN.

Thread Information