What should we do with Julian Assange?
Started by Plutonium, 14th May 2019 22:20 in News & Current Affairs

View Poll Results: What should happen to Julian Assange?

Voters
9. You need to be a member of BC to vote on this poll. JOIN NOW - IT'S FREE!
  • He should be extradited to Sweden to face rape charges

3 33.33%
  • He should be extradited to the USA to face hacking charges

0 0%
  • He should not be extradited to either country

6 66.67%
  1. #1 | 2115967
    Keep hope alive
    St Lucia

MAY

Default What should we do with Julian Assange?

Sweden has re-opened the rape charges against Julian Assange. This opens the possibility of a legal tug-of-war between Sweden and the USA on who's going to get him. So what do people on this forum think? Should he be extradited to Sweden, to the USA, or not at all?

My personal view is that the Swedish charges are more serious. Rape is generally considered to be a very serious crime against women, second only to murder, and Assange will have the chance to clear his name (or be convicted, depending on the evidence).

In the hacking charges, if true, whether he was justified is a political issue.

The usual hatstands will accuse me of being "brainwashed", but hey, that's life on BC.

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/...-assange-first
    Liked by: Luna

2. #2 | 2115968
    Hammond and May out
    England

MAY

Default Re: What should we do with Julian Assange?

Plutonium
    Sweden has re-opened the rape charges against Julian Assange. This opens the possibility of a legal tug-of-war between Sweden and the USA on who's going to get him. So what do people on this forum think? Should he be extradited to Sweden, to the USA, or not at all?

My personal view is that the Swedish charges are more serious. Rape is generally considered to be a very serious crime against women, second only to murder, and Assange will have the chance to clear his name (or be convicted, depending on the evidence).

The usual hatstands will accuse me of being "brainwashed", but hey, that's life on BC.

..or they might say don't give a toss.
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.
    Fork Me is a decent type, pity he's such a twat!

3. #3 | 2115981
    Keep hope alive
    St Lucia

MAY

Dordie
    ..or they might say don't give a toss.
    Well it's all too obvious that nobody on this forum does give a toss what happens to Assange.

4. #4 | 2115982
    The Forum Idiot
    United Kingdom

MAY

Plutonium
    Well it's all too obvious that nobody on this forum does give a toss what happens to Assange.

I'd rather he went to Sweden than the USA.
    Liked by: Chris Mitchell, Luna

5. #5 | 2115986
    BC Member
    BC Team

MAY

I think people have ceased to care. Itís dragged on so long, and itís not like he ever had universal support. A lot of people consider him a traitor and itís high time he faced justice.

By all accounts, the Ecuadorean embassy finally hoofed him out because he was becoming obnoxious.

6. #6 | 2115992
    BC Member
    Scotland

MAY

Plutonium

But the rape charges have been widely accepted as being a pile of trumped up bullshit.

This is not a normal case of some guy accused of rape in a foreign country. The US has put a great big huge WANTED sign over Assange's head, even though he is not a US citizen, and did not break any laws in releasing the truth of US and British war crimes in Iraq. The British state has to take all this into consideration.

I think the majority of people in this country are decent enough people who aren't blinkered and consumed by their own bitterness, and will be supportive of Julian Assange and everything that he has done. I think any politician speaking in favour of extraditing him is asking to lose a lot of votes.

7. #7 | 2115994
    Memnoch Worshipper
    Isle of Man

MAY

The name escaped me so I did a Google:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_Assange

So this is the Wikileaks Guy that exposed Government Corruptions.

I am willing to bet that the Rape Allegations is just an made up BS Accusation to get at him.

I Voted that he should not be Extradited Anywhere because I do not believe any of the Allegations made against him.

3X3
    The More People I Have Known,
    The More I Loved My TwoWhiteSocks.
    Liked by: sphinx

8. #8 | 2115997
    BC Member
    Ireland

MAY

TheDruid 3X3

I Voted that he should not be Extradited Anywhere because I do not believe any of the Allegations made against him.

3X3
    Why not send him back to Australia - I believe that is where he came from.

9. #9 | 2116002
    BC Member
    Cyprus

MAY

TheDruid 3X3

3X3
    Yes, that's the way the UK should decide whether or not to extradite him, ignore due process and just let some Canadian nutter decide if he thinks he did it.
    TheDruid 3X3
    I am a Perfectly Useless Jackass who Know Nothing

10. #10 | 2116005
    Lone Wolf & Cub

MAY

Close him down for pushing the weapons of mass destruction bullshit, his lies have cost hundreds of thousands of lives, he's a massive stain on the face of journalism, lock him up... No hang on, that's the BBC.
    The more laws, the less justice- Marcus Tullius Cicero.
    Liked by: Bill. MC

Thread Information