Oh what a fuss!
Started by Luna, 2nd December 2019 16:27 in Talk & Chat

1. #1 | 2137919
    BC Member
    Ireland

DEC

Default Oh what a fuss!

There I was - strolling through St Nicholas Fair - when a man in front of me started shouting at someone on his mobile 'phone and waving his arms about. Thumped me hard in the chest - I staggered backward and hit my head on one of the little wooden cabins put up for the fair.

Man - totally embarrassed, apologized profusely and I would have left it at that - but - someone, seeing what happened, summoned up the market supervisor/manager person who, in turn, summoned up a first aid person. They took some convincing that I was completely unhurt - I was wearing a thick coat and a woolly hat so well padded. I was nonplussed and felt a bit sick - but the poor man hadn't done it on purpose.

The market people insisted on taking both of our names/addresses etc before they let us go - in case of repercussions!

2. #2 | 2137921
    here
    Wales

DEC

Default Re: Oh what a fuss!

Crazy (((((Luna))))
    Do not let the oppressed retreat in disgrace; may the poor and needy praise your name..
    Liked by: Luna

3. #3 | 2137922
    Important staff person.
    Unbiased admin.
    BC Team
    South Africa

DEC

Luna
    There I was - strolling through St Nicholas Fair - when a man in front of me started shouting at someone on his mobile 'phone and waving his arms about. Thumped me hard in the chest - I staggered backward and hit my head on one of the little wooden cabins put up for the fair.

Man - totally embarrassed, apologized profusely and I would have left it at that - but - someone, seeing what happened, summoned up the market supervisor/manager person who, in turn, summoned up a first aid person. They took some convincing that I was completely unhurt - I was wearing a thick coat and a woolly hat so well padded. I was nonplussed and felt a bit sick - but the poor man hadn't done it on purpose.

The market people insisted on taking both of our names/addresses etc before they let us go - in case of repercussions!
    He might be a millionaire....sue him.

4. #4 | 2137924
    Fat, old hippy

DEC

sphinx
    He might be a millionaire....sue him.
    You might be on to something. Delete this, Luna. You’ve got concussion, whiplash and something in your back really hurts.
    Liked by: Chris Mitchell, Luna, sphinx

5. #5 | 2137928
    here
    Wales

DEC

Attempted murder
    Do not let the oppressed retreat in disgrace; may the poor and needy praise your name..

6. #6 | 2137934
    Independent
    United Kingdom

DEC

Luna
    The market people insisted on taking both of our names/addresses etc before they let us go
    Did they actually prevent you from leaving?
    YOU LOST. AGAIN.

7. #7 | 2137959
    BC Member
    Ireland

DEC

Memnoch
    Did they actually prevent you from leaving?
    Well - no - they didn't chain me to a lamp post or anything - but they were quite insistant. Said it was all to do with HSE - surprise, surprise.

8. #8 | 2137960
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

DEC

Did they insist you buy something from the stall you hit?

9. #9 | 2137978
    BC Member
    Ireland

DEC

misty15
    Did they insist you buy something from the stall you hit?
    No, thank goodness, it was a chocolate stall. However - I did have to go and buy a silly Christmas jumper to cheer myself.

10. #10 | 2137982
    Fluffed out
    England

DEC

I think you behaved very calmly, Luna. You should have stoved his heed reet in.

Thread Information