Latest Likes Given

Latest Liked Posts

parsonstreet
sphinx They are killing us. :-s
sphinx
2 Likes sphinx liked a post by misty15 in the thread Poem of the week - 22 - Far away places.
misty15 The Hills by Madison Cawein There is no joy of earth that thrills My bosom like the far-off hills! Th' unchanging hills, that, shadowy, Beckon our mutability To follow and to gaze upon Foundations of the dusk and dawn. Meseems the very...
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by Luna in the thread Poem of the week - 22 - Far away places.
Luna Far-Far-Away by Alfred Lord Tennyson What sight so lured him thro' the fields he knew As where earth's green stole into heaven's own hue, Far-far-away? What sound was dearest in his native dells? The mellow lin-lan-lone of evening bells...
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by parsonstreet in the thread Classical composer of the week - Handel
parsonstreet
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by BobBobson in the thread Mahal
BobBobson In the UK, 'Dear' can mean both 'darling' and 'expensive' (and valuable) ....not really that confusing is it.
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by Plutonium in the thread Clocks go normal tonight.
Plutonium Scrot didn't say he has a wind up clock, he said he has an analogue clock. There's nothing wrong with analogue clocks, I have several in my house.
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by Lord Ponsonby in the thread I might actually have COVID-19
Lord Ponsonby B&q are the worst. Long queues, jobsworth on the door telling everyone how to use the one way system. Tills are baracaded forcing everyone to go through even if they haven't bought anything. I won't go in there any more. Bastards.
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by parsonstreet in the thread Classical Composer of the week. Delibes.
parsonstreet
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by Scrotnig in the thread Track of the Day: Fine
Scrotnig Cast - Fine Time 1996 I think.
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by Plutonium in the thread Track of the Day: Fine
Plutonium Here is something I hadn't heard of from Dusty Springfield.
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by Fork Me in the thread Track of the Day: Fine
Fork Me Sorry, no video for this one. Who remembers Fine Fare? They arrived in Sunderland with a huge advertising campaign and the Toy Dolls were there to record the moment. The Toy Dolls were leading members of the "punk pathetique" genre. A group of punk...
sphinx
3 Likes sphinx liked a post by Fork Me in the thread Track of the Day: Fine
Fork Me ...and one from a real jazz legend. This is the original 1939 recording of Fine And Mellow by Billie Holiday. Billie handled vocals in a way that had never been done before, when singing jazz and swing, she imitated the styles used by the...
Luna
1 Like Luna liked a post by parsonstreet in the thread Guess the show
parsonstreet It's "Made in Chelsea"
Dordie
3 Likes Dordie liked a post by Alice in the thread Vivaldi Browser
Alice Geek alert.
Luna
1 Like Luna liked a post by Lord Ponsonby in the thread Tonight's dinner
Lord Ponsonby If I were you, I'd send the racing pigeons on a bombing mission.
Luna
2 Likes Luna liked a post by misty15 in the thread Poem of the week - 22 - Far away places.
misty15 The Hills by Madison Cawein There is no joy of earth that thrills My bosom like the far-off hills! Th' unchanging hills, that, shadowy, Beckon our mutability To follow and to gaze upon Foundations of the dusk and dawn. Meseems the very...
Fairy_Nuff
1 Like Fairy_Nuff liked a post by Fork Me in the thread Track of the Day: Fine
Fork Me OK, I'm going to finish with some pshychobilly. Psychobilly was a genre started in the late 70s/early 80s, it was a bit like 50s rock n roll on speed. Psychobilly gigs were (and still are) pretty mental affairs. Psychobilly mosh pits (called a...
Fairy_Nuff
Fork Me An early REM track, I think this was the first of theirs I heard. It's still my favourite REM track. The full title (as printed on my copy of the single) is It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine).
Fairy_Nuff
3 Likes Fairy_Nuff liked a post by Fork Me in the thread Track of the Day: Fine
Fork Me ...and one from a real jazz legend. This is the original 1939 recording of Fine And Mellow by Billie Holiday. Billie handled vocals in a way that had never been done before, when singing jazz and swing, she imitated the styles used by the...
Fairy_Nuff
Fork Me I do like 60s soul girl groups. Here's The Chiffons.
Chris Mitchell
1 Like Chris Mitchell liked a post by Alice in the thread Tonight's dinner
Alice Northerners can differentiate between dinner and tea. Dinner is between 12 and 1pm, tea is between 4 and 7pm. Lunch is a totally made up concept by Soft Southerners.
Okami Itto
3 Likes Okami Itto liked a post by Fork Me in the thread Track of the Day: Fine
Luna
2 Likes Luna liked a post by Fork Me in the thread First experience with GESY (The new Cypriot NHS)
Fork Me They were sensible when they introduced GESY, they costed it first and increased income tax enough to pay for it (in two stages so it wasn't a big shock in one go). You register with a GP (similar to in the UK) via a list on their website, but over...
Joe 90
1 Like Joe 90 liked a post by Memnoch in the thread Hand down trousers, setting up ready for a shag
Memnoch exactly the same as all the others.
Luna
1 Like Luna liked a post by misty15 in the thread Poem of the week - 22 - Far away places.
misty15 Travel – Robert Louis Stevenson I should like to rise and go Where the golden apples grow;– Where below another sky Parrot islands anchored lie, And, watched by cockatoos and goats, Lonely Crusoes building boats;– Where in sunshine reaching out...

BC Forums Create Account Today's Posts Activity Stream Latest Likes
  • Quick Links
  •  
    Make A Donation To BC