Latest Likes Given

Latest Liked Posts

superwoman
2 Likes superwoman liked a post by Scrotnig in the thread John Denver
Scrotnig Eeeuuurrrgh
Luna
1 Like Luna liked a post by Fork Me in the thread Track of the Day: Ireland
Fork Me To stop him from appealing, or being rescued before the execution day.
Luna
1 Like Luna liked a post by misty15 in the thread Poem of the Week - 10 - War and Peace
misty15 Peace - November 11, 1918 I stood in the flag-decked cheering crowd Where all but I were gay, And gazing on their ecstasy, My heart shrank in dismay. For theirs was the joy of the 'little folk' The cruel glee of the weak, Who, banded together,...
Luna
1 Like Luna liked a post by Plutonium in the thread Track of the Day: Ireland
Plutonium Given that the time between sentencing and execution date was 2 days, that's a pretty narrow window for either. However, given further reading it sounds like he could have been tortured and killed by British soldiers, with the motive of personal...
Joe 90
1 Like Joe 90 liked a post by Lord Ponsonby in the thread Ignore the lockdown
Lord Ponsonby Your mate, murk tried to dictate how this forum is run and look what happened to him. You sanctimonious jumped up prick.
Fairy_Nuff
2 Likes Fairy_Nuff liked a post by Reg Perrin in the thread Ignore the lockdown
Reg Perrin He started it.
Fairy_Nuff
2 Likes Fairy_Nuff liked a post by Memnoch in the thread Broadband speed?
Memnoch Do you have Nobody's contact details please?
Fairy_Nuff
1 Like Fairy_Nuff liked a post by Fork Me in the thread Track of the Day: Ireland
Fork Me I put loads of Irish stuff in the other threads, so I'm not planning o putting much in here today (also, I am genuinely busy today) however, this thread wouldn't be complete without Sinead O'Connor. Most people remember her for Nothing Compares 2 U,...
Plutonium
1 Like Plutonium liked a post by Luna in the thread Track of the Day: Ireland
Luna This one was my obligatory 'party piece' at Grandma's musical evenings!
Luna
2 Likes Luna liked a post by Joe 90 in the thread Winding up lefties
Joe 90 The word you’re looking for is ‘struggling’. And while we’re on the subject, nobody has ever been to bed with you. Not voluntarily, anyway.
Luna
Plutonium I didn't know that, Luna. I'm learning a lot today.
Plutonium
Luna No thread about things Irish would be complete without the *Sally Gardens - or a scene in a pub! Not the best version - but typical of a Saturday night session. * Sally is the Salix (willow) tree.
Luna
2 Likes Luna liked a post by Scrotnig in the thread John Denver
Scrotnig Eeeuuurrrgh
Plutonium
Luna Plutonium mentioned this one - so here it is - Lyrics by Scottish playwright - Gordon Smith. Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the lochs meet the sea Where the rivers run clear and the...
Plutonium
Luna What a lovely version, Thank you, Plutonium. Yes - I know the location well - junction of Davygate and St Helen's Square, near the famous 'Betty's Cafe' - popular spot for buskers.
Luna
1 Like Luna liked a post by sphinx in the thread Track of the Day: Ireland
sphinx Especially for Luna. :-)
Luna
1 Like Luna liked a post by sphinx in the thread Track of the Day: Ireland
sphinx Lovely song.
Luna
Plutonium This is a traditional Irish language song, here sung by the Corrs. The tune was also used for a Scottish song called Come by the Hills. English translation. I'm a boy from the Erne and I could charm a nice young girl. I would not ask for her...
Luna
Plutonium This traditional Irish song has been sung by many artists, but the first time I heard it was by Van Morrison and the Chieftains. Van Morrison captures the basic angst of the song convincingly. The protagonist wishes that he was back in Carrickfergus...
Luna
Plutonium I didn't know that about Wolfe Tone either. On Wikipedia it says he was actually a Protestant, descended on his father's side from Huguenots. He was sentenced to hang for participation in the 1798 Irish rebellion. It appears that he cheated the...
sphinx
2 Likes sphinx liked a post by Plutonium in the thread Track of the day.
Plutonium Track of the Day is a great idea, and I've found out about a lot of tracks and artists I didn't know about, either through googling on the day's theme or posted by others. If it's not up your street then go elsewhere, I'm not sure why some people...
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by Luna in the thread Track of the day.
Luna It is certainly fun for me today! Thank you, Scrotnig.:s5
sphinx
2 Likes sphinx liked a post by Memnoch in the thread Broadband speed?
Memnoch Do you have Nobody's contact details please?
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by Luna in the thread Track of the Day: Ireland
Luna Theobald Wolfe Tone - Barrister at law and revolutionary - sentenced to hang in 1798. In 1963 three friends formed the band Wolfe Tones - known for singing rebel songs along with traditional Irish folk music. The line up of the band changed from...
sphinx
2 Likes sphinx liked a post by Luna in the thread Track of the Day: Ireland
Luna Excellent choice! Well, I would say that - wouldn't !. This seems like a good one to start with ... and I am standing to attention - I promise!

BC Forums Create Account Today's Posts Activity Stream Latest Likes
  • Quick Links
  •  
    Make A Donation To BC