Latest Likes Given

Latest Liked Posts

sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by TheDruid 3X3 in the thread My Allotment
TheDruid 3X3 47 Sprouts!
sphinx
2 Likes sphinx liked a post by Memnoch in the thread Is anyone having a Brexit Party or Celebration?
Memnoch The only thing the Democrats have to do to defeat him is field an electable candidate. Trump won last time because the Democrats' weapon of choice was the only person who couldn't beat him. The UK's Labour party regularly employs a similar strategy.
sphinx
Fork Me Hmm, in the few years since my stuff arrived from the UK, this is the second time I'm had to search for a lead. It would have taken longer to sort them in the first place.
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by Scrotnig in the thread Billy Bunter
Scrotnig I know what you mean, sometimes I'll start to make a post and then...umm....errr....oh it doesn't matter...
superwoman
1 Like superwoman liked a post by TheDruid 3X3 in the thread Pompeii And Herculaneum
TheDruid 3X3 This is rather Good:
Joe 90
1 Like Joe 90 liked a post by Memnoch in the thread Meat Substitutes Sucks!
Memnoch If anyone but KiNo had said it I might think they were being sarcastic. Who knows what he's thinking. I don't think there's anywhere near enough data to pin a causal relationship between omnivore/herbivore and life expectancy. Although there is...
TheDruid 3X3
1 Like TheDruid 3X3 liked a post by Luna in the thread My Allotment
Luna Well done!
Nice Fred
1 Like Nice Fred liked a post by Memnoch in the thread I am very nice
Memnoch Just not to you.
TheDruid 3X3
2 Likes TheDruid 3X3 liked a post by Joe 90 in the thread Meat Substitutes Sucks!
Joe 90 Since I gave up meat, Iíve eaten plenty of truly excellent, high quality plant based meat substitutes. I was always perfectly happy with the taste and texture of real meat, so the availability of tasty, low fat vegan (or vegetarian) alternatives...
Memnoch
1 Like Memnoch liked a post by superwoman in the thread Billy Bunter
superwoman https://30thcenturycomics.co.uk/extras/where-theres-a-will/happy-100th-billy-bunter/ Bunter, however, rolled on. From the prose-with-illustrations ‘story papers’ that preceded comics in the UK, he transitioned successfully to the comic-strip...
Memnoch
1 Like Memnoch liked a post by Fairy_Nuff in the thread Billy Bunter
Fairy_Nuff Well if it helps, my brother used to get Whizzer & Chips, and I was just thinking that I don't remember Billy Bunter in that. Now, I find that they also merged with "Buster". So on the one hand I'm pleased it did exist and on the other I find my...
Fairy_Nuff
1 Like Fairy_Nuff liked a post by Memnoch in the thread Billy Bunter
Memnoch Or maybe my brother read the Valiant. Bugger. I can remember the details of a summer holiday when I was three, why can't I remember the details something I did regularly when I was probably about ten? Brains are weird.
Memnoch
1 Like Memnoch liked a post by Fairy_Nuff in the thread Billy Bunter
Fairy_Nuff I was stumped, so I did some googling research... Apparently he appeared in The Magnet (never heard of it, it was circa 1908!). In later years he appeated in "The Valiant" and "Knockout" comics. I think they were before my time ...
sphinx
2 Likes sphinx liked a post by parsonstreet in the thread A-Z of Things you like
parsonstreet Unicorns
Luna
1 Like Luna liked a post by Joe 90 in the thread Meat Substitutes Sucks!
Joe 90 Each to their own; I really like Linda McCartney ‘meat’ pies, but if you believed everything you read in online reviews, you’d avoid them at all costs. The problem is that many meat eaters expect these ready made products to taste exactly like their...
Luna
1 Like Luna liked a post by Memnoch in the thread Arguments against flat Earth.
Memnoch He may not have been a genuine flat-earther (if such a thing even exists). Building home made rockets was his hobby for a very long time. It was only after a failed attempt to crowd fund a project a few years ago that he "came out" as a flat-earther...
sphinx
3 Likes sphinx liked a post by Bill. MC in the thread Trubute to David Bellamy
Bill. MC He rubbished global warming/climate change and lost his TV career as a consequence and now died today at 86: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50752089
sphinx
2 Likes sphinx liked a post by Memnoch in the thread I changed it.
Memnoch Where there's a will there's a ... ... army of relatives you never knew you had.
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by Lord Ponsonby in the thread I am thinking of doing something silly
Lord Ponsonby It is probably best to say no more about it. .......according to a friend.:chuffed:
sphinx
2 Likes sphinx liked a post by Fairy_Nuff in the thread I am thinking of doing something silly
Fairy_Nuff And there was I, being ever so careful not to say anything that could be misconstrued... I even replaced 'position' with 'situation' fgs! :irked: There's always one. It truly is a shame for me. :(
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by Chris Mitchell in the thread Happy birthday, Dordie
Chris Mitchell Many happy returns, Dordie! w:3 I would put the right number of candles on the cake, but the Fire Brigade begged me not to.
parsonstreet
1 Like parsonstreet liked a post by Luna in the thread Meat Substitutes Sucks!
Luna I do not see the point of meat substitutes. If you don't want to eat meat then don't - why try to make something else look and taste like something you do not want to eat? It is not logical.
parsonstreet
1 Like parsonstreet liked a post by TheDruid 3X3 in the thread Meat Substitutes Sucks!
TheDruid 3X3 Every time I have eaten some sort of Meat Substitute, I have always found it to be the most Tasteless Crap. It tastes like Cardboard to me. Here is the Wikipedia Listing about Meat Substitutes: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meat_analogue ...
Memnoch
1 Like Memnoch liked a post by Luna in the thread Arguments against flat Earth.
Luna As always, Memnoch, your posts deliver humour, irony, intellect and food for thought in one neat package!
Luna
2 Likes Luna liked a post by sphinx in the thread I mildly trolled a Facebook group
sphinx I find so many of those expressions make me cringe...... Like the Americans who say 'I love you' to their children so often that it is meaningless.:j4 ...and on facebook why do younger people calls their 'bestie' friends things like 'hun' and...

BC Forums Create Account Today's Posts Activity Stream Latest Likes
  • Quick Links
  •  
    Make A Donation To BC