Latest Likes Given

Latest Liked Posts

Plutonium
1 Like Plutonium liked a post by Chris Mitchell in the thread The Chesham and Amersham by election
Chris Mitchell I lived in Bracknell when I was a kid, and would cycle to Amersham from time to time - quite a trek but a nice ride. I thought it was a lovely place (to be fair, most places are compared to Bracknell) with a nice atmosphere - out of my price range,...
Plutonium
1 Like Plutonium liked a post by parsonstreet in the thread The Chesham and Amersham by election
parsonstreet This is a bit of trivia but I have been to Amersham and Chesham on job centre tech courses when I lived in Reading in my early twenties. It is no surprise these areas don't succumb to labour Bullshit. Well done them for ousting the Tories though.
Fork Me
1 Like Fork Me liked a post by Luna in the thread Track Of The Week: 29 - Space and aliens
Luna What a wonderful excuse to play this again! Check the depth of the platforms on his shoes.
Bill. MC
1 Like Bill. MC liked a post by Fork Me in the thread Assaulted by West Midlands Police
Fork Me It what he does as a job, he's a vlogger. As you do if your an independent vlogger seeing how police react to people legally filming outside their stations. He's effectively an independent journalist investigating police response. It...
misty15
1 Like misty15 liked a post by Luna in the thread Poem of the week - 55 - Windows!
Luna Now that covers a multitude of interpretations! Let's start with a classic. Tree at my Window by Robert Frost Tree at my window, window tree, My sash is lowered when night comes on; But let there never be curtain drawn Between you...
Luna
1 Like Luna liked a post by Fork Me in the thread Track Of The Week: 29 - Space and aliens
Fork Me Speaks for itself. The full title of this sing is "Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft (The Official Anthem For World Contact Day)". For a long time it held the record for the longest title in the UK charts. It may still do, but the last...
Luna
1 Like Luna liked a post by Chris Mitchell in the thread Chip Dips And Sauces
Chris Mitchell That's only likely if they're clinically ins... oh... yes... this is BC, isn't it?
Chris Mitchell
1 Like Chris Mitchell liked a post by Memnoch in the thread The Chesham and Amersham by election
Memnoch Chesham Trivia: Back in the 1980s when I first worked on the London Underground, I did a brief stint as train guard on the Met Line. The Chalfont - Chesham branch was a spur on which one train formed of a double-ended four car unit of A60 stock...
Luna
1 Like Luna liked a post by Memnoch in the thread Ha Ha Religion
Memnoch It would be less authentic. The Romans used crucifixion not just as a method of execution but also as torture. Without the shelf, victims would have quickly suffocated to death, and a quick death was not the object of the exercise.
parsonstreet
1 Like parsonstreet liked a post by Plutonium in the thread Ha Ha Religion
Plutonium That pretty much covers everyone, LOL. "We the few are God's Elect, All the rest are damned. Only the few to Heaven go, We can't have Heaven crammed!"
BobBobson
1 Like BobBobson liked a post by parsonstreet in the thread The Zong Massacre
parsonstreet https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zong_massacre
parsonstreet
1 Like parsonstreet liked a post by Reg Perrin in the thread Ha Ha Religion
Reg Perrin I don't see social workers on the list. That's good.
Joe 90
3 Likes Joe 90 liked a post by Chris Mitchell in the thread Druidistic Jehovah Witnesses
Chris Mitchell Yes, I'm always getting the bastards knocking on my door with their horned helmets, thrusting copies of "Pagan Weekly" into my hands and asking me if they can come in and talk to me about Odin.
Luna
1 Like Luna liked a post by misty15 in the thread Poem of the week - 54 - Flying Objects !
misty15 HIGH FLIGHT Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings; Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth Of sun-split clouds, — and done a hundred things You have not dreamed of — wheeled and...
Luna
1 Like Luna liked a post by misty15 in the thread Poem of the week - 54 - Flying Objects !
misty15 The Flattered Flying Fish Said the Shark to the Flying Fish over the phone : "Will you join me tonight ? I am dining alone. Let me order a nice little dinner for two. And come as you are, in your shimmering blue. " Said the Flying Fish : "Fancy...
Chris Mitchell
3 Likes Chris Mitchell liked a post by Memnoch in the thread Poem of the week - 54 - Flying Objects !
Memnoch Eric The Half A Bee Half a bee, philosophically, Must, ipso facto, half not be. But half the bee has got to be Vis a vis, its entity. D'you see? But can a bee be said to be Or not to be an entire bee When half the bee is not a bee Due to some...
misty15
1 Like misty15 liked a post by Luna in the thread Poem of the week - 54 - Flying Objects !
Luna The Man on the Flying Trapeze by George Leybourne Once I was happy, but now I'm forlorn, Like an old coat, all tattered and torn, Left in this wide world to fret and to mourn, Betrayed by a wife in her teens. Oh, the girl that I loved she was...
misty15
1 Like misty15 liked a post by Luna in the thread Poem of the week - 54 - Flying Objects !
Luna Kites by William Rose Benet High on the telephone wires, the paltry pitiful thing Hangs in rags and tatters and loops of string. A slight breeze shakes it, but cannot shake it down. It flutters and flutters forgotten above the town. I hate a...
misty15
Luna Tiger Moth by Alison Cassidy I wasn’t sure at first how you’d enjoy it, but I knew you liked adventure, so I booked and kept my fingers crossed. The tiger moth stood to immaculate attention, a giant insect marooned on a grassy sea. Smaller than I...
Chris Mitchell
Reg Perrin Then I'll have had a good swansong. Tell me Ponsonby, in your grand scheme of things, when the world is operating at its optimum population number, and the masters emerge to claim their rightful place as rulers of this eutopia, as one of the...
Luna
1 Like Luna liked a post by Memnoch in the thread Assaulted by West Midlands Police
Memnoch Calling someone a baboon is "auditing" them? Bullshit, frankly. I could make any number of videos of police behaving badly, and an equal number of videos showing police doing their job properly. But that's not what your hero does, is it? He just...
Bill. MC
1 Like Bill. MC liked a post by BobBobson in the thread Who has had the vaccine?
BobBobson I think Bill MC has a good point to be honest Plutonium.... ....ditch your lines of cocaine for some weed. You will become a better person for it, and it is much cheaper.
Bill. MC
1 Like Bill. MC liked a post by Lord Ponsonby in the thread Who has had the vaccine?
Lord Ponsonby Perhaps they aren't prepared to take the risk, given your coke consumption and resulting tendencies towards violence.
Bill. MC
1 Like Bill. MC liked a post by TheDruid 3X3 in the thread Who has had the vaccine?
TheDruid 3X3 You Are Perfectly Correct! Just as portrayed in the Movie 'Patch Adams': :nod:
TheDruid 3X3
1 Like TheDruid 3X3 liked a post by Bill. MC in the thread Who has had the vaccine?
Bill. MC Good, just don't bother with it. A much better idea for you is to purchase some waccy baccy. Its stress reducing qualities will strengthen your immune system and protect you from any viruses

BC Forums Today's Posts Activity Stream Latest Likes
  • Quick Links
  •  
    Make A Donation To BC