Latest Likes Given

Latest Liked Posts

misty15
1 Like misty15 liked a post by Luna in the thread Poem of the week - 21 - Bugs
Luna The Fly by William Blake Little Fly Thy summers play, My thoughtless hand Has brush'd away. Am not I A fly like thee?
Luna
1 Like Luna liked a post by parsonstreet in the thread Nothing About WTC?
parsonstreet This is completely disingenuous. The Conspiracy theorists pay zero respect to the actual victims of the attacks and their families and have harassed them and accused them of being liars. Assad has caused the death of thousands of children...
parsonstreet
1 Like parsonstreet liked a post by Luna in the thread A-Z of Foreign words in the English Language
Luna Kaleidoscope (coined by it's Scottish inventor from the ancient Greek)
Lord Ponsonby
1 Like Lord Ponsonby liked a post by Scrotnig in the thread The economy
Scrotnig That's because they only had about 12, or something.
Luna
1 Like Luna liked a post by Fork Me in the thread First experience with GESY (The new Cypriot NHS)
Fork Me Phones the doctor this morning. Got a same day appointment. Doctor tells me I might need minor surgery... ...I have an appointment with the surgeon tomorrow morning. So far, I'm impressed.
Joe 90
2 Likes Joe 90 liked a post by BobBobson in the thread All language teaching us dead within 5 years
BobBobson What? As someone who learned a foreign language in his 30's, I am pretty confident that a 1-1 instruction session with an educated native speaker, is pretty hard to beat.
Luna
1 Like Luna liked a post by misty15 in the thread Poem of the week - 21 - Bugs
misty15 Exploring the Panry Shelf by Christopher Morley Rockabye, insect, lie low in thy den, Father's a cockroach, mother's a hen. And Betty, the maid, doesn't clean up the sink, So you shall have plenty to eat and to drink. Hushabye, insect, behind the...
Luna
2 Likes Luna liked a post by BobBobson in the thread All language teaching us dead within 5 years
BobBobson What? As someone who learned a foreign language in his 30's, I am pretty confident that a 1-1 instruction session with an educated native speaker, is pretty hard to beat.
Luna
1 Like Luna liked a post by Fork Me in the thread All language teaching us dead within 5 years
Fork Me I'm not convinced, it's OK for conversations in quiet places, but in, for example, a crowded bar, it's next to useless.
Chris Mitchell
2 Likes Chris Mitchell liked a post by Memnoch in the thread The economy
Memnoch Oh come on, you know that's not a fair basis for comparison. There's more international traffic through Heathrow in a day than there is in the whole of New Zealand in a year. And you have to take into account their population density, which is a...
Chris Mitchell
1 Like Chris Mitchell liked a post by Memnoch in the thread The economy
Memnoch Given the choice, which would you prefer: Less chance of catching a virus or more tourists for you to complain about? Besides, NZ isn't dependent on tourism to anything like the extent we are. Sacrificing it for a while isn't going to hurt much. We...
sphinx
2 Likes sphinx liked a post by Memnoch in the thread The economy
Memnoch Oh come on, you know that's not a fair basis for comparison. There's more international traffic through Heathrow in a day than there is in the whole of New Zealand in a year. And you have to take into account their population density, which is a...
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by Lord Ponsonby in the thread The economy
Lord Ponsonby Consider yourself lucky that one of their few talents lie in the area of assisting patients with alcohol induced mental retardation. Speaking of which, how's the Irish dancing and film making going? Made your investment back yet?
sphinx
2 Likes sphinx liked a post by Memnoch in the thread The Tea
Memnoch They also have people with other misleading titles such as "teacher" and "caretaker", so perhaps not your best paradigm of correct terminology.
Bill. MC
1 Like Bill. MC liked a post by TheDruid 3X3 in the thread CANZUK
TheDruid 3X3 They have no problems with Me since I am not a Islamic Wacko going around Bombing Jakarta Bars that are frequented by Australians. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Embassy_bombing_in_Jakarta 3X3
Scrotnig
2 Likes Scrotnig liked a post by Memnoch in the thread The Tea
Memnoch They also have people with other misleading titles such as "teacher" and "caretaker", so perhaps not your best paradigm of correct terminology.
misty15
1 Like misty15 liked a post by Luna in the thread Poem of the week - 21 - Bugs
Luna The Dragonfly by Alfred, Lord Tennyson Today I saw the dragonfly Come from the wells where he did lie. An inner impulse rent the veil Of his old husk: from head to tail Came out clear plates of sapphire mail. He dried his wings: like gauze they...
Plutonium
1 Like Plutonium liked a post by Chris Mitchell in the thread The economy
Chris Mitchell New Zealand seems to be managing Covid-19 very well. They had a strict lockdown early in the pandemic, backed up with comprehensive tracking and tracing - the contact tracing succeeded in tracing contacts 96% of the time. They had no cases from May...
Luna
1 Like Luna liked a post by Fork Me in the thread Track of the Day: Window
Fork Me In the early days of The Beatles, Lennon and McCartney used to write for other bands as well. This is a Lennon/McCartney composition. (It was actually written by Paul McCartney, but they had an agreement that all songs written by wither of them...
Luna
misty15 Forgiven by A. A. Milne I found a little beetle; so that Beetle was his name, And I called him Alexander and he answered just the same. I put him in a match-box, and I kept him all the day ... And Nanny let my beetle out - Yes, Nanny let my...
Luna
misty15 Firefly Faeries Tracy Cardinet A poem about fireflies lighting up the night. Luminescent lullabies, fireflies in the night, Fill the sky with wonderment, each miniature lamplight. Bright yellow-green, lustrous sheen, flitting to and fro, I wonder...
Chris Mitchell
1 Like Chris Mitchell liked a post by Lovely Fred in the thread The economy
Lovely Fred The Chinese have a vaccine in 3rd stage testing. Think happy thoughts
Chris Mitchell
4 Likes Chris Mitchell liked a post by parsonstreet in the thread The Tea
parsonstreet Some people will starve for their values. Luckily I have my Fortnum & Mason hamper.
Lovely Fred
1 Like Lovely Fred liked a post by Luna in the thread The economy
Luna Racism - you are a troll!
Lovely Fred
1 Like Lovely Fred liked a post by Luna in the thread Oh, mighty Croc
Luna

BC Forums Create Account Today's Posts Activity Stream Latest Likes
  • Quick Links
  •  
    Make A Donation To BC