Latest Likes Given

Latest Liked Posts

sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by Fork Me in the thread Poem of the week - 7 - The Sea.
Fork Me In Cornwall (and much of the South Coast), as well as fishing, the sea was used mainly for smuggling, this is an old Cornish lullaby, designed to be sung to children. A Cornish Lullaby (Crosbie Garstin) Hush my little ugling, Daddy's gone...
Fork Me
1 Like Fork Me liked a post by Plutonium in the thread Track of the Day: Islands
Plutonium OK, going off topic here so I'll be brief. Did this band get their name from the "man they couldn't hang", John Lee? He was sentenced to death and his execution was scheduled for 23 February 1885, but he survived 3 attempts to hang him. Google...
Luna
1 Like Luna liked a post by Fork Me in the thread Track of the Day: Islands
Fork Me It was their voices that were irresistibly beautiful. The appearance of the Sirens in Greek mythology was "part woman part bird". Some ancient art has them as beautiful and some as hideous. Also there were three different groups of Sirens, one...
Fork Me
1 Like Fork Me liked a post by Luna in the thread Track of the Day: Islands
Luna Sometimes he did sound a bit american - but he was actually Scottish - born in Glasgow. A very talented song writer/performer as is his son, Peter. He was also quite a comedian - saw him once in a Pantomime in Leeds - he stole the show!
Plutonium
1 Like Plutonium liked a post by Fork Me in the thread Track of the Day: Islands
Fork Me Blondie were, IMO, one of the greatest bands ever to exist. From their first eponymous LP right up to 2017's Pollinator they never did a bad album. OK, that last bit's a lie. They did do a bad album, they did one bad album, it was called The...
Luna
2 Likes Luna liked a post by Fork Me in the thread Track of the Day: Islands
Fork Me Calypso, proper Calypso is a genre that I am quite into. I say proper calypso, because many people have a complete misconception about what Calypso is. Firstly, despite it being the title of his most popular album, Harry Belafonte did NOT sing...
Luna
1 Like Luna liked a post by Fork Me in the thread Track of the Day: Islands
Fork Me Luna's already posted a live Johnny Cash version of Rock Island Line. The song has unknown origins but the first record of it seems to come from 1929. It was first recorded in 1934, by some prison inmates in Arkansas, since then I've just looked it...
Plutonium
2 Likes Plutonium liked a post by Fork Me in the thread Track of the Day: Islands
Fork Me Calypso, proper Calypso is a genre that I am quite into. I say proper calypso, because many people have a complete misconception about what Calypso is. Firstly, despite it being the title of his most popular album, Harry Belafonte did NOT sing...
Luna
1 Like Luna liked a post by Plutonium in the thread Track of the Day: Islands
Plutonium This is a song about a man who has lived on some tropical islands and fallen in love with a woman there. Now the call of duty sends him back to England and some war that is going on. It was written by Kenyan-British artist Roger Whittaker. These...
Plutonium
1 Like Plutonium liked a post by Fork Me in the thread Track of the Day: Islands
Fork Me The Be Sharps were a Grammy award winning Barbershop quartet. Originally consisting of Homer Simpson, Apu Nahasapeemapetilan, Seymour Skinner and Clancy Wiggum, Wiggum was sacked for being too "Village People" and replaced with Barney Gumble before...
Plutonium
1 Like Plutonium liked a post by Fork Me in the thread Track of the Day: Sunshine
Fork Me This is the earliest known recording of it.
Scrotnig
1 Like Scrotnig liked a post by bill jarvis in the thread Walking Staff Making
bill jarvis Urrrrrgh.
Joe 90
4 Likes Joe 90 liked a post by Scrotnig in the thread They think it's all over - It is now
Scrotnig I've edited the original post to remove the silly confusing nonsense and explain what the thread actually is. It's probably not too much to ask that we keep RIP threads respectable.
Fork Me
Luna And my daily Willie Nelson fix!
Fork Me
Luna The late, great Johnny Cash!
Plutonium
2 Likes Plutonium liked a post by Luna in the thread Track of the Day: Sunshine
Luna Love this one! The contrast in their voices works really well.
Plutonium
2 Likes Plutonium liked a post by Lovely Fred in the thread Track of the Day: Sunshine
Lovely Fred House of the rising ...
Luna
1 Like Luna liked a post by Plutonium in the thread Track of the Day: Islands
Plutonium When most people think of Coney Island, they think of the place in New York. However, the one mentioned in Van Morrison's song of the same name is actually a small village in County Down, Northern Ireland. It is not actually an island but is...
Scrotnig
1 Like Scrotnig liked a post by parsonstreet in the thread Track of the Day: Sunshine
parsonstreet
sphinx
2 Likes sphinx liked a post by Fork Me in the thread Your biggest earthquake
Fork Me Ooops, sorry, wrong forum...
sphinx
2 Likes sphinx liked a post by superwoman in the thread Your biggest earthquake
superwoman There was an earthquake a few miles up the road from where I live...........between 4.6 - 5.1 depending on which reports you read. I didnt feel anything.........but then it did happen in 1884. https://historyhouse.co.uk/articles/earthquake.html
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by Luna in the thread Walking Staff Making
Luna That's fine, Kino, Gandalf was a good wizard. Crowley was an evil, cat murdering, heap of scum.
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by Fork Me in the thread What is the world coming to?
Fork Me ​z
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by Joe 90 in the thread What is the world coming to?
Joe 90 Z
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by Fork Me in the thread What is the world coming to?
Fork Me Even though it's actually the SAME imaginary bearded friend.

BC Forums Create Account Today's Posts Activity Stream Latest Likes
  • Quick Links
  •  
    Make A Donation To BC