Latest Likes Given

Latest Liked Posts

superwoman
4 Likes superwoman liked a post by Scrotnig in the thread Can we....
Scrotnig It's easy in Australia to get your bearings. Just have a look at the sky. Here's the sky in Australia yesterday.
TheDruid 3X3
1 Like TheDruid 3X3 liked a post by Fork Me in the thread Baz Battles YouTubes
Fork Me Why would you assume that? Watching historical films about old battles has nothing to do with Remembrance Day which isn't until November 11th anyway. And that's not even the same everywhere. I know Canada does it then (same as the UK) but not...
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by TheDruid 3X3 in the thread Baz Battles YouTubes
TheDruid 3X3 I guess Commemorating Remembrance Day is Not a Huge Priority to Fred then. 3X3
sphinx
2 Likes sphinx liked a post by Luna in the thread Royal Tournament
Luna Kino's thread about battles on youtube brought this to mind. Does anyone else remember this spectacular annual event? The brother had the honour of taking part twice. Once when he was a Royal Naval Cadet at HMS Ganges - he had the dubious...
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by Lovely Fred in the thread 737 max
Lovely Fred Perhaps you could back up your point, or perhaps tell me why I'm wrong about auto-pilots. Pretty much everyone that's flown in a commercial airliner has put their life into the hands of a computer, and pilots of advanced aircraft such as the F117...
sphinx
4 Likes sphinx liked a post by Scrotnig in the thread Can we....
Scrotnig It's easy in Australia to get your bearings. Just have a look at the sky. Here's the sky in Australia yesterday.
Luna
1 Like Luna liked a post by Fork Me in the thread Track of the Day: Islands
Fork Me Since moving to Cyprus I've learned a lot about Greek mythology that I didn't know before. It's a fascinating topic. By the way Aphrodite was born here (or emerged from the Sea here depending on who you ask). It's a common name for girls here...
Luna
1 Like Luna liked a post by TheDruid 3X3 in the thread Royal Tournament
TheDruid 3X3 I Hate Traditions Falling!
Luna
4 Likes Luna liked a post by Scrotnig in the thread Can we....
Luna
3 Likes Luna liked a post by Fork Me in the thread Poem of the week - 7 - The Sea.
Fork Me In Cornwall (and much of the South Coast), as well as fishing, the sea was used mainly for smuggling, this is an old Cornish lullaby, designed to be sung to children. A Cornish Lullaby (Crosbie Garstin) Hush my little ugling, Daddy's gone...
Luna
1 Like Luna liked a post by misty15 in the thread Poem of the week - 7 - The Sea.
misty15 The Mermaid - Poem by Alfred Lord Tennyson Who would be A mermaid fair, Singing alone, Combing her hair Under the sea, In a golden curl With a comb of pearl, On a throne? II I would be a mermaid fair; I would sing to myself the whole of...
Luna
1 Like Luna liked a post by Fork Me in the thread Poem of the week - 7 - The Sea.
Fork Me Seafaring cities often have their own legends about the sea. In Liverpool the liver bird features a lot. I was once told by a scouser that the birds on top of the liver building are one male and one female. The one looking out to sea is the...
Chris Mitchell
4 Likes Chris Mitchell liked a post by Scrotnig in the thread Can we....
TheDruid 3X3
2 Likes TheDruid 3X3 liked a post by Luna in the thread Royal Tournament
Luna Kino's thread about battles on youtube brought this to mind. Does anyone else remember this spectacular annual event? The brother had the honour of taking part twice. Once when he was a Royal Naval Cadet at HMS Ganges - he had the dubious...
misty15
3 Likes misty15 liked a post by Fork Me in the thread Poem of the week - 7 - The Sea.
Fork Me In Cornwall (and much of the South Coast), as well as fishing, the sea was used mainly for smuggling, this is an old Cornish lullaby, designed to be sung to children. A Cornish Lullaby (Crosbie Garstin) Hush my little ugling, Daddy's gone...
sphinx
3 Likes sphinx liked a post by Fork Me in the thread Poem of the week - 7 - The Sea.
Fork Me
1 Like Fork Me liked a post by Plutonium in the thread Track of the Day: Islands
Plutonium OK, going off topic here so I'll be brief. Did this band get their name from the "man they couldn't hang", John Lee? He was sentenced to death and his execution was scheduled for 23 February 1885, but he survived 3 attempts to hang him. Google...
Luna
Fork Me It was their voices that were irresistibly beautiful. The appearance of the Sirens in Greek mythology was "part woman part bird". Some ancient art has them as beautiful and some as hideous. Also there were three different groups of Sirens, one...
Fork Me
1 Like Fork Me liked a post by Luna in the thread Track of the Day: Islands
Luna Sometimes he did sound a bit american - but he was actually Scottish - born in Glasgow. A very talented song writer/performer as is his son, Peter. He was also quite a comedian - saw him once in a Pantomime in Leeds - he stole the show!
Plutonium
1 Like Plutonium liked a post by Fork Me in the thread Track of the Day: Islands
Fork Me Blondie were, IMO, one of the greatest bands ever to exist. From their first eponymous LP right up to 2017's Pollinator they never did a bad album. OK, that last bit's a lie. They did do a bad album, they did one bad album, it was called The...
Luna
2 Likes Luna liked a post by Fork Me in the thread Track of the Day: Islands
Fork Me Calypso, proper Calypso is a genre that I am quite into. I say proper calypso, because many people have a complete misconception about what Calypso is. Firstly, despite it being the title of his most popular album, Harry Belafonte did NOT sing...
Luna
Fork Me Luna's already posted a live Johnny Cash version of Rock Island Line. The song has unknown origins but the first record of it seems to come from 1929. It was first recorded in 1934, by some prison inmates in Arkansas, since then I've just looked it...
Plutonium
2 Likes Plutonium liked a post by Fork Me in the thread Track of the Day: Islands
Fork Me Calypso, proper Calypso is a genre that I am quite into. I say proper calypso, because many people have a complete misconception about what Calypso is. Firstly, despite it being the title of his most popular album, Harry Belafonte did NOT sing...
Luna
1 Like Luna liked a post by Plutonium in the thread Track of the Day: Islands
Plutonium This is a song about a man who has lived on some tropical islands and fallen in love with a woman there. Now the call of duty sends him back to England and some war that is going on. It was written by Kenyan-British artist Roger Whittaker. These...
Plutonium
1 Like Plutonium liked a post by Fork Me in the thread Track of the Day: Islands
Fork Me The Be Sharps were a Grammy award winning Barbershop quartet. Originally consisting of Homer Simpson, Apu Nahasapeemapetilan, Seymour Skinner and Clancy Wiggum, Wiggum was sacked for being too "Village People" and replaced with Barney Gumble before...

BC Forums Create Account Today's Posts Activity Stream Latest Likes
  • Quick Links
  •  
    Make A Donation To BC