Blog: LadyLush

Posted by LadyLush on 16th November 2007 at 22:49 (110 Views)
NOV
Nice day.
5 Comments
Rate this Entry
I've had a really nice day today, I took my five children to school then went shopping with baby Grace and my friend Carol, I promised to teach her how to make a proper Christmas cake this weekend so we went to Asda for ingredients, it was really cold and lovely on the way there and no tramps tried to touch me on the bus. I got all the Christmas lights out when I got home, ready to change bulbs and fuses for when they go up in a couple of weeks. Now i'm sitting in the warm with the fire on and everywhere smells of dried fruit and brandy from the fruit i've got soaking for tomorrows marathon Christmas cake/pudding/mincemeat making session. I'm probably completely boring, but I don't care, i'm happy and I can't wait for Christmas!

Sara xxx
Categories
Member Blogs

Comments

1. Durgemeister -
    NOV
    Sounds nice. Over the last couple of days, the Winter feel and the smells at work have triggered memories of past Christmases.

The reality is that in a couple of weeks, the Supermarkets will be jam packed with shoppers dithering around with overloaded trollies, when muggins here only need his "10 items or less".

But then I am still looking forward to the holiday. We are not buying presents for each other this year, only for my Great Nephew - the only kid in the family.

For me, it is about spending time with the family, and friends for a couple of days in Hertfordshire, and then down to Cornwall to stay with my brother and his missus, and then back here for new year.

I just hope my veggie sister and her daughter don't mess up cooking the turkey !!!!
  2. Scrotnig -
    NOV
    Well it's been a lousy day here, and I've been shopping. So there!
  3. LadyLush -
    NOV
    How much did you spend? I spent 220 on food in Asda, it's no wonder i'm a lard arse.
  4. Scrotnig -
    NOV
    16. Well it was meant to be 22 but I had 8 in Clubcard vouchers!
  5. LadyLush -
    NOV
    Jammy! I get 10% off at Tescos cos my Mom works there, I can't remember the last time I went out and spent less than 50 quid. I wish I only needed 16 worth of stuff, i'd have so much left to spend on clothes.

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL:

BC Forums Create Account Today's Posts Activity Stream Latest Likes
  • Quick Links
  •  
    Make A Donation To BC