Blog: Evil's Blog

Posted by Evil on 30th January 2012 at 09:30 (2760 Views)
JAN
Geese
3 Comments
Rate this Entry
About 7 or 8 years ago, I noticed that a pair of Canadian Geese had taken up residence at a nearby retention basin. I didn't think much of it and even enjoyed the sight of them leading their chicks around later in the year. It was cute.

Fast forward to yesterday afternoon, when I spotted between 2 and 3 dozen living there. In the middle of winter. I no longer find them cute.
Categories
Member Blogs

Comments

1. Equinox -
    JAN
    In a way you could be grateful, as it could be worse, it could be rats or pigeons.
  2. beliz3 -
    JAN
    Geese
    Evil
    About 7 or 8 years ago, I noticed that a pair of Canadian Geese had taken up residence at a nearby retention basin. I didn't think much of it and even enjoyed the sight of them leading their chicks around later in the year. It was cute.

Fast forward to yesterday afternoon, when I spotted between 2 and 3 dozen living there. In the middle of winter. I no longer find them cute.

are you allowed to eat them
  3. Evil -
    JAN
    Geese
    beliz1
    are you allowed to eat them
    Yes but there are a number of regulations on hunting them. You can only hunt them in certain areas during certain times of the year and you can only kill a limited number.

I've also heard that they don't taste very good.

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL:

BC Forums Create Account Today's Posts Activity Stream Latest Likes
  • Quick Links
  •  
    Make A Donation To BC