BC Forums Community

Today's Posts LATEST POSTS

No Threads to Display.

Forums LATEST DISCUSSIONS

26th February 2024 18:36 by Reg Perrin
FEB
Mrs Perrin could have retired 2 years ago if she'd implemented a plan I made out for her but deferred gratification has never been her strongest virtue. However, she finally took heed and bit the bullet to pay off her debt and now she can retire in November with her huge Lumper intact. Touch wood.

26th February 2024 17:23 by Luna
FEB
It was believed that the time to set Hens to have the best, largest, and most kindly Chickens is in February, in the increase of the moon, so that she may hatch or disclose her Chickens in the increase of the next New Moon, being in March. For one brood of March Chickens is worth three of any other.

A Hen will cover nineteen eggs very well, but upon what number soever you set her, make it odd. Mark the upper side of the eggs and then watch the Hen to see if she busy herself with turning them from one side to the other, which if you see she doth not ... you must supply that office.

c1613

25th February 2024 21:26 by Luna
FEB
Enrico Caruso (25 February 1873 – 2 August 1921) was an Italian operatic first lyric tenor then dramatic tenor. He sang to great acclaim at the major opera houses of Europe and the Americas, appearing in a wide variety of roles that ranged from the lyric to the dramatic. One of the first major singing talents to be commercially recorded, Caruso made 247 commercially released recordings from 1902 to 1920, which made him an internationally popular entertainment star.

On the morning of 1 August 1921, Caruso and his entourage left Sorrento for the Bastianelli's clinic in Rome, but by the time they reached Naples, Caruso was running a high fever and was gravely ill. The party checked into the Hotel Vesuvio where Caruso began screaming in pain and eventually a doctor gave him morphine to help him sleep.

Caruso died the following morning at the hotel shortly after 9:00 a.m. local time, on 2 August 1921. He was 48 years old. The Bastianellis attributed the cause of death to peritonitis arising from a burst subphrenic abscess. The King of Italy, Victor Emmanuel III, opened the Royal Basilica of the Church of San Francesco di Paola for Caruso's funeral, which was attended by thousands of people. His embalmed body was preserved in a glass sarcophagus at Del Pianto Cemetery in Naples for mourners to view. In 1929, his widow, Dorothy Caruso, had his coffin covered and permanently sealed in an ornate stone tomb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1QJ...el=GreekCallas

25th February 2024 18:51 by Luna
FEB
Money, or Currency if you prefer, in all forms

Money
By Philip Larkin

Quarterly, is it, money reproaches me:
‘Why do you let me lie here wastefully?
I am all you never had of goods and sex.
You could get them still by writing a few cheques.’

So I look at others, what they do with theirs:
They certainly don’t keep it upstairs.
By now they’ve a second house and car and wife:
Clearly money has something to do with life

—In fact, they’ve a lot in common, if you enquire:
You can’t put off being young until you retire,
And however you bank your screw, the money you save
Won’t in the end buy you more than a shave.

I listen to money singing. It’s like looking down
From long french windows at a provincial town,
The slums, the canal, the churches ornate and mad
In the evening sun. It is intensely sad.

25th February 2024 13:11 by wishingwell
FEB
Is UK Islamophobic?'You are spirit soul' That's my starting point.Christian,Jew,Hindu,Muslim,man,woman etc are all temporary manifestations-so at one level I have always seen the living as equal but just in temporary positions,so I think I'm balanced when it comes to spotting attempted manipulation and note this can create a tug towards an ism if not careful eg The extreme persecution and mass killing of Muslims has gone on for years without being properly examined and yet a wrong word about Israel and the usual suspects are affronted,is that genuine?or some sort of show?in any case I feel a nudge towards wanting to support the underdogs,the opressed Muslims,I don't like that nudge,why are they not just reporting fairly?Why are they trying to get me to feel great sympathy for one whilst demonising the other?Those at the top stirring thing to create news will be safe if people fully turn on each other and be happy that more stories are generated..I could have fell into an anti-semite trap if I wasn't wary.

5 members, 161 guests

11th February 2024
• The New Prince is the new Big Money champion with a score of 6,800
2nd February 2024
• superwoman is the new Ilya Voloshin's Tetris champion with a score of 400
2nd February 2024
• superwoman is the new Battle Of Helms Deep champion with a score of 65
2nd February 2024
• superwoman is the new Autobahn champion with a score of 23
22nd January 2024
• superwoman is the new Smaugs Treasure champion with a score of 1,081
22nd January 2024