BC Forums Community

Today's Posts LATEST POSTS

No Threads to Display.

Forums LATEST DISCUSSIONS

26th September 2020 01:06 by TheDruid 3X3
SEP
The way Vandalism has been going about in regards to the BLM has been going so Rampant that it has reminded me of Times in the Past when other Sacred Sites such as the Library of Alexandria, the Manitou Idol in Detroit and the Sacking of Masada.

I previously posted how the Statue of our First Prime Minister has been Violated. Upon doing a quick Google, found that in America, there have been Statues of George Washington having been Vandalized:

https://www.kxl.com/george-washingto...t-of-protests/

And here is a YouTube that goes on about the Vandalism of Winston Churchill's Statue:

Then I came upon a YouTube of Rowan Atkinson on his views on the whole thing which I Appreciated:

3X3

25th September 2020 17:48 by Bill. MC
SEP
This was the theme of a speach by Humza Yousaf - the Scottish devolved government's Secretary for Justice - in the aftermanth of the Black Lives Matter protests. Despite being a Secretary for Justice he has invited members of BLM to take part into the death of Blackman while in Police custody. BLM have sparked off riots, vandalism of public and private property and have called for defunding of the Police. Yet Humza Yousaf is supposed to be responsible for mainataining Law and Order. he is currently attempting to pass a 'Hate Bill' in the Scottish devolved parliament which would make Scotland the most Orwellian place outside N.Korea or the People's Republic of China.

25th September 2020 13:58 by Reg Perrin
SEP
Well, I’ve finally completed “4,3,2,1” the book on the Beatles. It’s taken me ages. Apart from me being a slow reader and it being a really enjoyable book to savour, literally every page contains 2 or 3 things you're compelled to look up on the internet. It may be lyrics, videos, events or individuals. Even though you may have seen them or known about them previously their place in the book means you’ve got to go and find out more. It’s very touching how this bloke ends the book but I won’t spoil it. With the author being exactly the same age as me it had an added element that everything that was contemporary to his childhood was contemporary to mine. It takes you to just after the Beatles split up so there’s 10 years until Lennon’s death for things to change and right up until now for opinions to change about McCartney, however, for me it’s served to cause me to revert to my opinion of the time, as a 12-year-old. Lennon was a prat, McCartney was OK and Ono was a factor (albeit amongst many) that led to their break up. The author never says that explicitly but I think you can get the drift. Towards the end of the book the author discusses the interview below. Reading the comments about the interaction it’s clear it divides opinion about who was right. For me (and I think the author) it was the “back of the net” clincher that showed Lennon up to be the arsehole he’d become and Ono for the arsehole she obviously always was.

25th September 2020 13:12 by Plutonium
SEP
More violence in both cities, I'm afraid.

In Paris, four people have been stabbed near the offices of the satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo. Two are seriously injured. I wonder what religion the attackers are. One man has been arrested.

Al Qaeda had made further threats against Charlie Hebdo, which was attacked in 2015.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...NVm?li=BBoPWjQ

In London, a police officer has been shot dead.

This is a great tragedy but I am puzzled by the story.

A man was arrested in Croydon after two special constables found ammunition on him. He was brought to a custody centre and put in a cell.

The police officer entered the cell and was shot dead by the prisoner.

Well, hang on, didn't they search him when they brought him into custody? If he was found with ammunition, wasn't it reasonable to suspect that he might also have a firearm to use it with? He was put in a cell, armed with a gun? This just doesn't add up.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...n4A?li=BBoPWjQ

24th September 2020 17:05 by Luna
SEP
Earlier this morning I was so absorbed in 'Track of the Day', Blue Arcade and various other posts - I completely forgot about the two eggs I had put on to boil - until the water dried up and they exploded all over my kitchen!

What is worse - the explosion interrupted the cats breakfasts - and that is still a hanging offence.

5 members, 742 guests

17th September 2020
ArcadeMichelle is the new Yeti 6: Big Wave champion with a score of 3,671
17th September 2020
ArcadeMichelle is the new Gravity Ball champion with a score of 700
17th September 2020
ArcadeMichelle is the new Breakout champion with a score of 630
17th September 2020
ArcadeMichelle is the new Mini KickUps champion with a score of 3
17th September 2020
ArcadeMichelle is the new Simon champion with a score of 8
17th September 2020