BC Forums Community

Today's Posts LATEST POSTS

No Threads to Display.

Forums LATEST DISCUSSIONS

5th August 2020 11:35 by Memnoch
AUG
What does it actually mean?

I have a 100Mb package with virgin. According to speedtest.com my download speed varies between 15 and 22 and upload speed is about 4.
I am currently downloading a very large file and it's reporting its progress as varying between 2.5 and 4Mb/s, which means it's going to take three hours instead of the 25 minutes I was expecting.

If the "speed" claimed by the provider doesn't refer to data transfer speed, what does it refer to?

4th August 2020 23:55 by Lovely Fred
AUG
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-53650758

The Home Office has agreed to stop using a computer algorithm to help decide visa applications after allegations that it contained "entrenched racism".

The Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants (JCWI - also known as ABoW - A bunch of wankers) and digital rights group Foxglove launched a legal challenge against the system.

Foxglove (FABoW - Foxglove, Another bunch of wankers) characterised it as "speedy boarding for white people".

The Home Office, however, said it did not accept that description.

"We have been reviewing how the visa application streaming tool operates and will be redesigning our processes to make them even more streamlined and secure," it said in a statement.

The controversy centred over an applicant's nationality being used as a part of the automatic system.
Lefties are moaning again, this time because common sense is being used in preference to leftie blind stupidity.
A suggested example might well be a visa application from Haiti, a country with an attrocious crime rate, being treated differently from an application from the Dominican Republic, a country with far fewer issues and a massively better economy.
It's just common sense to look at these two countries in different lights because they are different places with different socio-economic conditions, but the moronic lefties tell us it's racist, even though the two countries are the same island and have the same racial mix.

Isn't it time all these leftie groups were made illegal on the grounds they're a bunch of time wasting morons?

4th August 2020 19:11 by Lord Ponsonby
AUG
Is what we should do. Fuck em bastards. The lemmings are the worst, ones who muzzled up from the start. Ignore it like a Pakistani.

4th August 2020 18:19 by Lord Ponsonby
AUG
Is being taken far too seriously.

4th August 2020 14:08 by Memnoch
AUG
I was running Firefox and suddenly multiple windows started opening, all with links to "How to get help with windows". They just kept opening, so I restarted the computer. As soon as it booted up it started opening browser windows. I couldn't keep them closed for more than about ten seconds, but that was long enough to run the reset tool. I thought restoring the browser to its original state would get rid of whatever was opening all these windows, but no, so I uninstalled Firefox, got rid of it completely. I immediately got the same multiple windows opening in another browser which I didn't even know I had:

wtf.jpg

I wouldn't know where to begin to try to find out why this is happening. Catch 22 situation here... I can't remove all browsers because then I won't have a browser that I can use to look for a new browser. But I suspect it's not an actual browser issue anyway because when I removed the one it happened in first it just did the exact same thing in a different browser.

After about ten minutes of repeatedly closing the windows as fast as they appear, they have now stopped. The Bing thing doesn't show up in the Control Panel so I assume it's built in to the OS and has just been hiding.

I feel like my computer isn't really mine. Someone else - many someone elses actually - are always trying to take control... someone elses who demand my computer does what they want it to do otherwise they won't let it do anything. Evidently one of the someone elses has suddenly decided I'm not using the browser I should be and they're going to make things difficult for me until I comply. And why the hell does Microsoft or whoever

[interlude: it started again. I've just spent the last five minutes closing "gomicrosoft.com" browser windows]

care what sodding browser I use? Do they get a royalty every time I open a window? I don't bloody think so.

[now they're alternating between gomicrosoft.com and bing.com, although the content is the same regardless of what it says in the address bar]

Seriously, can someone please just give me Bill Gates' home address so I can go round there and shoot the c nt in the head.

5 members, 731 guests

3rd August 2020
parsonstreet is the new Homeland Defense champion with a score of 500
3rd August 2020
parsonstreet is the new Golden Gate Drop champion with a score of 85
3rd August 2020
parsonstreet is the new Crazy Block Breaker champion with a score of 18,896
2nd August 2020
Joe 90 is the new 3D Netblazer champion with a score of 28
1st August 2020
zinzan is the new Disc Dash champion with a score of 32,433
1st August 2020