BC Forums Community

Today's Posts LATEST POSTS

No Threads to Display.

Forums LATEST DISCUSSIONS

4th December 2020 17:25 by Memnoch
DEC
A woman goes to the park armed with a knife, sits on a bench and waits. A child goes by, the woman jumps up, slits the little girl's throat and runs away.

Verdict: Guilty of manslaughter on grounds of diminished responsibilty. Well that's wrong on both counts isn't it?
"Manslaughter" means killing wasn't intentional, but cutting someone's throat is one of the oldest and most reliable methods of killing known.
And why did the killer run away? Because she knows the difference between right and wrong. And if you know the difference between right and wrong, killing someone in an unprovoked ambush attack is murder. The fact that someone is mentally ill should not get them off the hook.

Verdicts like this serve only to give encouragement to people who want to commit atrocities and then play the mental health card to get away it.

Calling it "manslaughter" means killing wasn't intentional, but cutting someone's throat is one of the oldest and most reliable methods of killing

Click Here

4th December 2020 13:31 by TheDruid 3X3
DEC
This week, the Rock & Roll Radio Station CFMI that I have been listening to for over a Decade suddenly started playing Billy Graham Evangelism Commercials.

I can not stand Religious Evangelists such as Billy Graham so after over a Decade of listening to CFMI, I switched Channels to Jack 96.9FM.

They have similar Playlists as CFMI but also Play some Songs that CFMI does not such as when I awoke this Morning and found them playing John Lennon's 'Imagine' which never gets Played on CFMI.

I hope your Favorite Radio Station does not start playing such Annoying Religious Evangelistic Commercials.

3X3

3rd December 2020 21:35 by Lovely Fred
DEC
That's today's weather forecast for my town.
I gather most of England is about the same.

3rd December 2020 19:52 by Memnoch
DEC
I recently noticed that Bob Ross's 'Joy Of Painting' is being re-run on BBC4, so I had a look and was pleased to find that three series are available on iPlayer.

I remember watching them back in the '90s and after a few false starts took up painting and initially made extensive use of Bob's techniques. It's interesting to note how much of his methods I'm still using, how much I've developed on my own, and how much I had forgotten! His style was very ad-lib, whereas since retiring I've tended to base my paintings on real life scenes, and although I now live in an area with plenty of the kind of scenery I like to paint, I've only done a dozen or so paintings in the last six years since I moved here and with one exception they are all either sold or given to family and friends. Re-watching these programs has renewed my 'bug' and I want more of my own work on my walls.
I've painted the lake near my house a few times but I haven't done it in winter, and I've just watched Bob do a winter water scene and it includes some things I could potentially adapt to my purpose. I have a suitable tent that I can use to paint in cold/wet weather, but I may cheat and do it at home from photographs.

(Vincent Van Gogh only sold one painting in his life. I've sold two so I'm twice as good as Van Gogh. )

3rd December 2020 17:10 by Plutonium
DEC
There has been an explosion at a sewage works near Bristol. It appears to have involved one of the chemical plants at the centre. There are reports of casualties, but hopefully no deaths.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...b7M?li=BBoPWjQ

4 members, 69 guests

21st November 2020
kneebs76 is the new Space Invaders champion with a score of 70,790
21st November 2020
kneebs76 is the new Mister Fox champion with a score of 1,200
21st November 2020
kneebs76 is the new Missile Attack champion with a score of 190
21st November 2020
kneebs76 is the new Mario Tetris champion with a score of 67,929
21st November 2020
kneebs76 is the new Counterstrike champion with a score of 49