BC Forums Community

Today's Posts LATEST POSTS

Latest Post Discussion
Started by Scrotnig My brother is adopting a rescue cat
Started by Scrotnig

My brother is adopting a rescue cat
Very laudable, except he already has a cat.

In my experience, cats do not like other cats.

Scrotnig, 14th July 2019
Replies:33
Views:320
Latest post by LadyLush
Started by parsonstreet The Troubles
Started by parsonstreet

The Troubles
What is your opinion, bias or reflections on the Northern Ireland Troubles?

parsonstreet, 15th July 2019
parsonstreet, 15th Jul 2019, Talk & Chat
Replies:20
Views:246
Latest post by Dordie
Started by Reg Perrin Facebook Community Groups
Started by Reg Perrin

Facebook Community Groups
iDon't know how many of you old farts are on facebook, but I am. I'm also a member of a couple of local groups, my old village group of Castleton near Rochdale and the Garden Village group where I live now. I've always been bugged by the way these groups can be subverted to the values of people like the Rightards in...

Reg Perrin, 21st July 2019
Reg Perrin, 21st Jul 2019, Talk & Chat
Replies:5
Views:59
Latest post by Dordie
Started by Scrotnig Would you go to Egypt?
Started by Scrotnig

Would you go to Egypt?
:no:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49059700

Scrotnig, 20th July 2019
Scrotnig, 20th Jul 2019, Talk & Chat
Replies:6
Views:84
Latest post by Fork Me
Started by Reg Perrin The Lion King
Started by Reg Perrin

The Lion King
Went to see the remake tonight. That's Toy story 4 and The Lion King within 2 weeks. Went with the kids....great....

Reg Perrin, 21st July 2019
Reg Perrin, 21st Jul 2019, TV & Entertainment
Replies:4
Views:48
Latest post by Alice

Forums LATEST DISCUSSIONS

21st July 2019 22:23 by Reg Perrin
JUL
iDon't know how many of you old farts are on facebook, but I am. I'm also a member of a couple of local groups, my old village group of Castleton near Rochdale and the Garden Village group where I live now. I've always been bugged by the way these groups can be subverted to the values of people like the Rightards in here. Negativity towards teenagers and foreigners and generally just paranoia about just about everything.
Anyway...last night Mrs Perrin was on duty. Some arsehole in a rough area of the town she covers posted that they'd seen a kid abducted. It turned out they hadn't, they were just shit stirring against a neighbor. Vigilantes took it as a cue to go and kick shit out of anyone they thought capable of the act, the Police were inundated with reports about what kid it probably was and concerned groups were searching the streets.
30 police officers were utilised to keep the peace, check out some of the leads (about other kids) that they were obliged to check out and reassure the community. This meant there were no police officers to assist in the rape and mental health crisis that Mrs perrin had to deal with...

21st July 2019 22:07 by Reg Perrin
JUL
Went to see the remake tonight. That's Toy story 4 and The Lion King within 2 weeks. Went with the kids....great....

21st July 2019 15:17 by Bill. MC
JUL
The Media and policians have presented details of Trump's tweet concerning comments about a congress-woman who was born in Somalia in such a manner that makes hime seem like an Alf Garnot type racist bigot.

As soon as the Media and policitians kept repeating the details of Trump's along with the self rightous condemnation of Trump being a racistI became suspicious. Every news report and politicians' comments kept repeating the same thing almost word for word. Even Angelia Merkel joined in the Chorus.

The expression 'set them back' has been for many years the classic knee jerk clichι used by anyone who is displeased by the presence of people of foreign origin in his/her community. These people are indeed often racists bigots. Off course this is exactly the impression many people have had of Trump long before he made his recent controversal tweet.

After I checked out Trump's twitter, I found out that he said something completely different from what the Media reported.

Here is the transcript of what Trump actually said about people such as the Somalia born congress-woman.

'....and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how....'
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...81395078000643

It is not my intention to be an apologist for Trump, but MO he was basically saying that 'you have a check to say that my country is broken, but the one that you come from is even more broken.

After asking myself why the Media are distorting the details of Trump's I concluded that it was deliberately done inorder to create a smokescreen of outrage. Some people are of the opinion that it was doen to distract our attentions away from the controversy regarding Bill Clinton's visists to Jeffrey Epstein's 'paradise island'. IMO deliberately done inorder to distract our attention away from the escalating crisis regarding the US relations with Iran.

In other the Media would much rather present the image of Trump to be that of a racist rather than a warmonger.

21st July 2019 01:27 by Bill. MC
JUL
Just wanted to share it with you all.

BTW I like the comment from Beyond Alpha:
'Anyone who believes that 911 happened the way the media portrays it is not to bright. It got the so called "Patriot" Act passed however'

21st July 2019 00:59 by Scrotnig
JUL
For the second time in six months, Waitrose have announced the closure of a store in Leicester.

Having closed Blaby last month, they are now closing Oadby, which is near me, though admittedly I've only been in twice in four years!

The Oadby store will reopen as a Lidl. Well I'm not averse to Lidl quite honestly, though personally I prefer Aldi.

Waitrose are closing loads of stores. They've been found out, sussed. They are loads more expensive than even Harrods, yet what they sell is no better than anywhere else.

5 members, 172 guests

21st July 2019
• superwoman is the new Bookworm champion with a score of 13,550
21st July 2019
• ArcadeMichelle is the new spankthemonkey champion with a score of 275
18th July 2019
• superwoman is the new Hook Line & Sinker champion with a score of 5,002
18th July 2019
• ArcadeMichelle is the new Bookworm champion with a score of 300
18th July 2019
• ArcadeMichelle is the new Mister Fox champion with a score of 150
16th July 2019