BC Forums Community

Today's Posts LATEST POSTS

No Threads to Display.

Forums LATEST DISCUSSIONS

28th January 2023 00:03 by Luna
JAN
Been out for a meal tonight with friends - two of us celebrating our birthdays - and all of us catching up with Christmas presents. A fact that the people at next table found intriguing - they wished us a happy birthday and sent the waitress over with a bottle of Prosecco for us. Wasn't that kind of them? It made our night all the more enjoyable.

27th January 2023 23:22 by Chris Mitchell
JAN
This is the standard response of CEOs and politicians when they fuck up. That's all they need to say - they remain in post.

I mowed down a family on a zebra crossing again this evening while out of my head on crystal meth and whisky. To be fair, I've only done this three times so far this year. The police did catch up with me eventually after a rather exciting chase, but I told them that lessons have been learned. Well, it was better than getting three points on my licence.

26th January 2023 16:20 by Scrotnig
JAN
Jail for former West Yorkshire PC who let wife take blame for speeding

A police officer who tried to dodge two speeding tickets by getting his wife to take them on his behalf has been jailed for six months.

PC Mark Hinchliffe, 43, was caught on camera twice in three months breaking a 30mph limit in Morley near Leeds.

When the couple received the speeding tickets, they claimed it had been his wife Lisa, 38, also a police employee, who had been behind the wheel.

---

Hmm. I always have a tendency to feel this type of reaction to people just trying to avoid having their life destroyed over monor speeding offences (which is what happens if you can't drive any more) is always a bit over the top, and the ruthless jailing of people getting caught is just the state saying "don't mess with us" - given the serious violent attacks where the assailant is NOT jailed, we have our priorities massively wrong.

That said, a police officer doing it is the height of hyprocrisy and a message needs to be sent.

I cfan't help but fee a pang of sympathy though - he is going to get the shit utterly kicked out of him in jail and he will be lucky to make it out alive.

As for his wife escaping jail because of the couple's children - I'm getting sick of children being used as a get out of jail free card all the time - literally in this case.
The children should nhave been taken into care for six months and told "Hard luck - this is what happens when your parents are corrupt criminals. Let that be a life lesson for you."
Having children shouldn't be used as an excuse to commit crimes!

It could have been like Viz...
"What will happen to Mrs Hinchcliffe now, your honour?"
"Well, she has children Jack, and they'll suffer terribly if she goes to prison. But that's exactly where she's going, along with her lying cheating husband."

25th January 2023 14:22 by Scrotnig
JAN
It’s from the fitness app.

UUUURRRGGGHHH.

ring.png

3 members, 113 guests

18th January 2023
• TheDruid 3X3 is the new Smack the Rabbit champion with a score of 13
22nd October 2022
• superwoman is the new Homeland Defense champion with a score of 3,600
22nd October 2022
• superwoman is the new Counterstrike champion with a score of 0