BC Forums Community

Today's Posts LATEST POSTS

No Threads to Display.

Forums LATEST DISCUSSIONS

4th June 2020 20:27 by Plutonium
JUN
I reckon this is by far the most interesting development yet, in the Madeleine McCann case.

A 43-year-old German man named Christian Brueckner has been named as a suspect in the case. He is a convicted paedophile and sex offender, currently doing time in his native country for the rape and torture of a woman in her apartment close to the McCanns' hotel, 18 months before Madeleine's disappearance. He has 17 convictions, including child sex offences.

Brueckner moved to the Algarve at the age of 18 and spent years there, dealing in drugs and burgling hotels. At the time of Madeleine's disappearance, he was living in a house very close to Praia da Luz. Mobile phone records place him in the area of the day in question. He confessed in a drinking session with a friend that he knew 'all about' what happened to Maddie.

It looks like the German authorities are preparing a case against Brueckner for the murder of Madeleine McCann.

Given the level of interest in the case on this forum, I'm surprised that nobody else (that I can see) has commented on this case yet, as it's been all over today's newspapers. Perhaps this development doesn't suit the McCann-bashers' agenda?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ars-later.html

2nd June 2020 12:37 by Memnoch
JUN
I'm a lazy gardener. My strategy is to let (almost) everything grow wild then pull up the things I don't like when they're big enough to grab hold of. (One fairly obvious exception is dandelions because their roots grow strong and deep so I don't let them get too big).
My problem at this time of year is on the grass... mowing around the things I want to keep while trying to get rid of ugly stuff without disturbing the nice stuff.

As usual I have poppies and it's always interesting to see where they'll set up shop because they're never in the same place two years running. I wish they weren't so fragile though... the slightest breath of wind and the petals are gone. Which is the Sod's Law of gardens really: Why are nice things so hard to keep while ugly things are so hard to get rid of?

Here's a pleasant consequence of not knowing what you're doing: Five years ago I tried to grow Rosemary in a planter. It is now all over the place except where I put it. The Garden Mint on the other hand only grows where I found it when I moved in and resists all attempts to transplant it elsewhere. My little bistro table where I have my lunch on sunny days is right between some big clumps of Mint and Rosemary and the combined smell is fantastic.

My biggest headache is the crazy paving. I can't eradicate the grass that grows there without killing everything else so my options would seem to be either tolerate the unwelcome for the sake of the welcome, or leave it completely bare.

Digging up dandelions (and that stuff with spidery red stalks and little purple flowers... what is that?) has left my lawn very patchy. Last time I tried to repair it with a Homebase lawn repair kit I ended up with different species of grass that just looked stupid together and I had to destroy the whole thing and start from scratch, so this year I might try letting the grass grow until it seeds and hopefully fills in the patches by itself.

My garden tools are: A lawmower, a rotary strimmer type thingy, a fork, a trowel, a pair of shears and that's it. My wheelbarrow no longer serves the purpose for which it was designed - it's currently full of nothing but dirt, haven't decided what I'm going to put in it this year... maybe tomatoes.

So that's my gardens... basically wild but not (quite) out of control. I could rationalize it by saying I enjoy the natural randomness and don't want to interfere too much with Mother Earth, but the truth is I'm lazy, and happy to be so.

11 members, 750 guests

2nd June 2020
kneebs76 is the new Meat Grill champion with a score of 8,120
2nd June 2020
kneebs76 is the new Anti Shanti champion with a score of 33
1st June 2020
ArcadeMichelle is the new Birds Of A Feather Slots champion with a score of 2,400
1st June 2020
ArcadeMichelle is the new Basketbots champion with a score of 102
1st June 2020
ArcadeMichelle is the new Money Money Money champion with a score of 1,030
1st June 2020
ArcadeMichelle is the new Pepsi Pinball champion with a score of 1,089,816
27th May 2020
zinzan is the new Arcanoid champion with a score of 10,360
21st May 2020
kneebs76 is the new Candy Tetris champion with a score of 685

4th June 2020
parsonstreet is the new Bunch - Time Trial champion with a score of 16,754