By Luna

By Luna

By Luna
Today's Posts LATEST POSTS

No Threads to Display.

Forums LATEST DISCUSSIONS

15th June 2021 10:57 by Memnoch
JUN
Bit of a surprise here, according to a YouGov poll published yesterday a majority of adults in England support the July 19th postponement.
That in itself isn't surprising. The surprise (to me anyway) is it's all age groups. 18 - 24 year olds are the least supportive but they're still 54% in favour.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/152760...dom-day-delay/

15th June 2021 10:11 by Memnoch
JUN
I'm all for the removal of tariffs, but I think they should have established some quotas to protect British agriculture. It's reported that there will be a fifteen year "cap" on imports from Australia, but that seems to be an overall spending limit rather than tonnage of specific products, and what happens when the fifteen years is up?
Also, if imports from Australia increase significantly as a result of the deal, will this make it more difficult to scrutinise everything for exotic bugs? Australia is extremely strict on what it allows in from an ecological protection standpoint and I wonder if we are as robust.

(And before anyone asks "If you like free trade so much, why did you vote to leave the EU?" the answer is Australia isn't demanding the right to make our laws and control our borders, so don't even bother going there.)

14th June 2021 20:33 by Lord Ponsonby
JUN
It's bad.

14th June 2021 17:10 by TheDruid 3X3
JUN
Luna
I would like to go there again, Kino, but it will not be for some time. There are other places higher on my priority list as soon as we are able to travel freely again.

So what is on your Priority List?

We would Love to hear about Your Travels!

14th June 2021 12:29 by Memnoch
JUN
I only got it so I could watch Formula 2 which isn't on any terrestrial channel, and F1 live instead of the recorded highlights on Channel 4, but if I hear one more rehearsed-ad-lib, arse-lickingly biased syllable from Martin Brundle or his brain dead copycat son I swear I'm going to kill someone.
I get that British spectators are interested in British drivers, but we're not as partisan as the commentators seem to think. Thirty eight of the forty two current F1 and F2 drivers are not British, yet whenever Brundle & Co can't think of anything else to say about the Brits who are actually competing, they start yakking on about Sterling Moss or Jenson Button.
David Coulthard and Mark Webber on C4 are almost as guilty but at least it's free, and they have much more recent racing experience so some of their non Hamilton worshipping comments are relevant.

4 members, 148 guests

15th June 2021
FreedomRider is the new Valentine Surprizes champion with a score of 85
15th June 2021
FreedomRider is the new Sonic Heroes Puzzle champion with a score of 200
15th June 2021
FreedomRider is the new Solitaire champion with a score of 0
15th June 2021
FreedomRider is the new Mahjong. champion with a score of 20
15th June 2021
FreedomRider is the new Mahjong Connect champion with a score of 10
15th June 2021
FreedomRider is the new Gunman champion with a score of 5
15th June 2021
FreedomRider is the new Crash Down champion with a score of 3,900
14th June 2021
Luna is the new Bookworm champion with a score of 64,860

15th June 2021
FreedomRider is the new Mah-Jong Connect champion with a score of 2
15th June 2021
FreedomRider is the new JBMahjong champion with a score of 20
15th June 2021
FreedomRider is the new Grab Spider Solitaire champion with a score of 500
15th June 2021
FreedomRider is the new Bricks Of Egypt champion with a score of 100
14th June 2021
superwoman is the new Sanghai Mahjong 1 champion with a score of 6,535
14th June 2021
superwoman is the new Celtic Tiles champion with a score of 25,465
14th June 2021
superwoman is the new Mah Jong Quest II champion with a score of 1,586
14th June 2021
superwoman is the new Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst champion with a score of 500