BC Forums Community

Today's Posts LATEST POSTS

No Threads to Display.

Forums LATEST DISCUSSIONS

1st June 2024 12:28 by Scrotnig
JUN
I’m off there right now.

Parked in the city and now heading to it on foot.

Stand by for tedious live updates.

1st June 2024 12:10 by Reg Perrin
JUN
When we went to Chelsea Flower Show our 9:00 PM train back to Newcastle was cancelled. Secretly I was pleased, I'd had enough by 2:00PM and didn't fancy spinning it out until 8:00PM. An alternative train was 6:00PM . Great!!. We'd be home for 9:00PM.
Unfortunately Carriage "C" the one where it's a free for all turned out not to be a free for all and we were hoofed out of the seats we'd nabbed after 20 minutes. It meant we had to stand all the way to York.
Looking at the small print of the refunds it seemed apparent to me that GNER had no responsibility to give us any. Nevertheless I wrote a nice E Mail outlining that a 66 year old man, on the list for reconstructive surgery to his ankle had his wife's 60th birthday present terminated early and then had to suffer for 3 hours.
I never made any threats....I don't think I needed to..I was nice and asked for a show of goodwill and magnanimity .........Kerching!!! All the return fare £275 back!!!!

31st May 2024 11:25 by BobBobson
MAY
Purely from a markets perspective (which I won't go into), we are surely coming close to a major 'Black Swan' event.

Some people suggest that we are heading towards another pandemic, although I personally feel that card has been well and truly played for now, with many of those who had the vaxx now regretting doing so and unlikely to so readily comply with a repeat of that particular mass formation consensus charade for now.

Another one might be a 'cyber attack' conducted by those pesky Chinese (or maybe Russians), which could bring the world to a halt and induce panic in the financial system, bringing the whole sucker down. Certainly, the usual 21st century fortune tellers such as Bill Gates and Klaus Schwab have suggested this is quite likely at some point down the line.

Most worryingly however, is the one which I think is shaping up as the most likely. Now that 'Ukraine' has been given permission to fire missiles into Russia, which in reality, is NATO forces, using NATO missile systems relying on NATO targeting intelligence provided from NATO bases within NATO countries, have now been given blanket permission to fire missiles into Russia. Russia may well respond by hitting these NATO missile operations inside Ukraine, with a tactical nuke. Or at least NATO will claim that was been the case, although nobody will be able to prove it one way or the other until well after the event. Nonetheless, this would put the world on an emergency footing.

The chances of the latter event occurring, now seem alarmingly high.

31st May 2024 09:07 by Reg Perrin
MAY
If Trump fails in any appeal and the verdict stands it's a tricky situation for the judge. He has to administer justice but he obviously can't ignore the public good and interest in the outcome. Handing down a sentence that would almost definitely result in civil disorder and potential casualties is probably a bad option. He must have one eye on the international politics as well. A humiliating sentence, such as community service would humiliate America and American voters as well. A fine would be irrelevant, although banning him from holding directorships might be a good choice. I think a quiet requirement for Trump to complete a diversity and equal opportunities course until he satisfies the tutors would be ideal. Having his attitudes, prejudices, sexism, racism, values on public record, plus any learning and remorse (or lack of) he has demonstrated will fuck him forever

31st May 2024 05:10 by Fork Me
MAY
Lloyd Russel-Moyle, the MP for Brighton Kemp Town (my constituency) has been suspended from Labour due to an allegation about an incident 8 years ago. He's not allowed to stand for Labour at the election now. He insists it's groundless and no details have been revealed.

He's been replaced as candidate by Chris Ward, a long time Starmer aide and advisor.

It seems wrong to me that an MP who built a constituency party and took it from the Tories, and has worked hard as an MP loses his chance to defend his seat, not because he's done something wrong, but because an allegation has been made this late that there isn't time to investigate.

Lloyd was on the left of the party and he's been replaced by a mate of Sir Keir.

The whole thing stinks to me. The timing of the allegation was clearly designed to stop him standing.

6 members, 477 guests

30th May 2024
• The New Prince is the new Mahjong. champion with a score of 540
30th May 2024
• The New Prince is the new Bookworm champion with a score of 10,680
1st May 2024
• The New Prince is the new Bubble Popper champion with a score of 140
1st May 2024
• The New Prince is the new Alchemy champion with a score of 1,478
1st May 2024
• The New Prince is the new 5 Card Draw champion with a score of 140
1st May 2024