Predictive text mistakes
Started by Scrotnig, 7th January 2011 19:36 in Talk & Chat

  1. #1 | 1511752
    Forward with Leicester
    BC Team

    Joined
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    120,928
    Likes
    13,612
    JAN
    07
    2011

    Default Predictive text mistakes

    If you like this sort of thing, this site will have you howling with laughter:

    http://damnyouautocorrect.com/

    It's all about when people are sending texts and their phone tries to "guess" the word they are typing (predictive text), guesses the wrong one, but the sender doesn't notice.

    The site invites people with iPhones to take screenshots (as the way iPhones display text messages in speech balloons makes this particularly simple to do0.

    Some of the results are hilarious....




    More in next post!
    "Apparently you think youíre going to die tomorrow."
    "Well. Iíve got some good news about that."
    "Oh yeah?"
    "Itís still today!"
    Liked by: sphinx, Up-Lift


  2. #2 | 1511754
    Forward with Leicester
    BC Team

    Joined
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    120,928
    Likes
    13,612
    JAN
    07
    2011

    Default Re: Predictive text mistakes

    Here we go....














    "Apparently you think youíre going to die tomorrow."
    "Well. Iíve got some good news about that."
    "Oh yeah?"
    "Itís still today!"

  3. #3 | 1511769
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

    Joined
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,229
    Likes
    708
    JAN
    07
    2011

    Default Re: Predictive text mistakes

    Great,I've saved that link to my Favorites.I'll have to go and dry my pants now. Thanks!
    If I'd known I 'd be so thirsty today,I'd have drank more beer last night.
    Liked by: Scrotnig


  4. #4 | 1511772
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

    Joined
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    52,639
    Likes
    2,142
    JAN
    07
    2011

    Default Re: Predictive text mistakes

    My nephew Patrick is known as Piddy. Just yesterday I texted him as he was fixing my car. I was amused as I noticed, after sending it, that the predictive text had altered Piddy to Puffy.
    Just off for a meal

  5. #5 | 1511774
    Forward with Leicester
    BC Team

    Joined
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    120,928
    Likes
    13,612
    JAN
    07
    2011

    Default Re: Predictive text mistakes

    Reg Perrin
    Reg Perrin said:
    My nephew Patrick is known as Piddy. Just yesterday I texted him as he was fixing my car. I was amused as I noticed, after sending it, that the predictive text had altered Piddy to Puffy.
    I once invited a male friend out for a "neck" - which was meant to say "meal".
    "Apparently you think youíre going to die tomorrow."
    "Well. Iíve got some good news about that."
    "Oh yeah?"
    "Itís still today!"

  6. #6 | 1511777
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

    Joined
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    52,639
    Likes
    2,142
    JAN
    07
    2011

    Default Re: Predictive text mistakes

    Incidentally that little error occurred whilst using "Slideit" on my HTC. An absolutely amazing App for those who are textually challenged.
    Just off for a meal

  7. #7 | 1511785
    Fluffed out
    England

    Joined
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    38,441
    Likes
    8,445
    JAN
    07
    2011

    Default Re: Predictive text mistakes

    My all time favourite, although it's rather passťe now we all have smartphones rather than predictive text on a keyboard, was typing in the word "Smirnoff", which comes up as "poisoned".

    The other one was the classic from a former poster on BC who had started having a relationship with a new woman. It was all going very well, and she texted him at 1am to say "Can I phone for a chat, or are you in bed?". He replied to say "No, wide awake!".

    She didn't phone back, so he phoned her, and she ignored him. The next day he got an angry text from her saying "You men are all the same, why the fuck didn't you tell me?".

    He was really puzzled by this, and finally checked his sent mail. Predictive text had altered it to "No, wife awake!".
    Liked by: Scrotnig


  8. #8 | 1511867
    Important Staff Person
    BC Team
    South Africa

    Joined
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    130,090
    Likes
    13,684
    JAN
    08
    2011

    Default Re: Predictive text mistakes

    Chris Mitchell
    Chris Mitchell said:
    The other one was the classic from a former poster on BC who had started having a relationship with a new woman. It was all going very well, and she texted him at 1am to say "Can I phone for a chat, or are you in bed?". He replied to say "No, wide awake!".

    She didn't phone back, so he phoned her, and she ignored him. The next day he got an angry text from her saying "You men are all the same, why the fuck didn't you tell me?".

    He was really puzzled by this, and finally checked his sent mail. Predictive text had altered it to "No, wife awake!".
    I remember that one....and still think it's the best.
    parsonstreet
    parsonstreet said:
    I didn't say I didn't like you although that would also be true.

  9. #9 | 1512133
    Forward with Leicester
    BC Team

    Joined
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    120,928
    Likes
    13,612
    JAN
    08
    2011

    Default Re: Predictive text mistakes

    Scrotnig
    Scrotnig said:
    I once invited a male friend out for a "neck" - which was meant to say "meal".
    And in fact, here is someone who did the exact same thing...LOL.

    "Apparently you think youíre going to die tomorrow."
    "Well. Iíve got some good news about that."
    "Oh yeah?"
    "Itís still today!"

  10. #10 | 1520469
    Forward with Leicester
    BC Team

    Joined
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    120,928
    Likes
    13,612
    FEB
    04
    2011

    Default Re: Predictive text mistakes

    Ok here's another one that made me larf.....

    "Apparently you think youíre going to die tomorrow."
    "Well. Iíve got some good news about that."
    "Oh yeah?"
    "Itís still today!"

 


Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)


Tags for this Thread

BC Forums Create Account Today's Posts Activity Stream Spy Latest Likes
  • Quick Links
  •  
    Make A Donation To BC