Started by KiNoRonin, 15th January 2008 15:07 in Paganism & Divinatory Arts

1. #1 | 1101315
    Pagan forum moderator
    BC Team
    Canada

JAN

Default Celtic Buddhism!

Konnichi Wa to All:

I just got a Message from someone from E-Sangha Message Forums that you might find Very Interesting!!!

Click on: http://www.celticbuddhism.org/

I have already clicked on it and I Like It!!!

I was thinking of suggesting such a Concept to you, but it seems that someone had already thought of such a thing back in the mid 1970s. So someone has beaten me to it.

So all there is for me to do is help this Concept by giving it some Free Publicity!

Ki No Ronin - 3X3
    Islam
    Is Not A
    Religion
    Of Peace
    Liked by: ROOT, tadpole256

2. #2 | 1101707
    Pagan forum moderator
    BC Team
    Canada

JAN

Default Re: Celtic Buddhism!

Here is a Picture of a Buddhistic Style Collage that has some some Major Celtic Characters included into it sush as Bridget and Cerunnos:

KNR - 3X3
    Islam
    Is Not A
    Religion
    Of Peace

3. #3 | 1101793
    The Forum Idiot
    United Kingdom

JAN

KiNoRonin
    Here is a Picture of a Buddhistic Style Collage that has some some Major Celtic Characters included into it sush as Bridget and Cerunnos:

http://www.celticbuddhism.org/graphi...dala-whole.jpg

KNR - 3X3
    Here is a Scottish Buddhist centre:
    http://www.samyeling.org/

4. #4 | 1101818
    Pagan forum moderator
    BC Team
    Canada

JAN

Bonzai For Scottish Style Celtic Buddhism!!!

Islam
    Is Not A
    Religion
    Of Peace

5. #5 | 1101868
    Pagan forum moderator
    BC Team
    Canada

JAN

Actually, finding the Concept of Celtic Buddhism has given me Renewed Inspiration for my Endeavours of Preaching Nature Worshipping Philosophies and Theologies that I Learned from my Sacred Eucalyptus Tree.

Finding Celtic Buddhism is my New Awakening!

Ki No Ronin - 3X3
    Islam
    Is Not A
    Religion
    Of Peace

6. #6 | 1104500
    Pagan forum moderator
    BC Team
    Canada

JAN

Konnichi Wa to All:

There is an Event that I only found out about this just a couple of Hours ago when I went to my Favorite Chinese Vegetable Market to pick up some Soy Sauce.

Being Rcently Discovering the Concept of Celtic Buddhism, I am looking forward to this Event as I am finding it very Celtic Buddhistic in Nature.

Gung Haggis Fat Choy World Poetry Event
    7pm Vancouver Public Library
    Alice Mackay Room
    Featuring Vancouver poet laureate George McWhirter and Governor Generals Award for Poetry winner Fred Wah, with other contemporary Scottish-Canadian and Chinese-Canadian poets. And Todd Wong's accordion, Joe McDonald's bagpipe and Rebecca Blair's celtic harp.
    FREE EVENT

For further Information on this Event, Click On:
    http://www.gunghaggisfatchoy.com/blo...rchives/2008/1

Ki No Ronin - 3X3
    Islam
    Is Not A
    Religion
    Of Peace

7. #7 | 1105001
    Pagan forum moderator
    BC Team
    Canada

JAN

Konnichi Wa to All:

Last Night, I went to my Very First Celtic/Buddhistic Event!

It was the Gung Haggis Fat Choi World Poetry Reading Night at the Main Branch of the Vancouver General Library. I got there at about 7:00pm. The Poetry Reading didnt Start until 7:30pm.

When I got there, I Spotted a Oriental Man wearing a Kilt. It turned out to be Todd Wong, the Founder and Organizer of the whole Festival. I quickly Greeted him and informed him that I was a Newly Converted Celtic Buddhist. He then stated: "Oh! Your that guy I heard about who gave our Poetry Reading Event by making into an Event for his Meetup Group! Thanks! But I have to Talk to you later, I am in a Rush!", he then took off.

He had somehow Heard about my making his Poetry Reading Event into a Meetup Event for my Vancouver Druids and Wicca Pagans and was Very Grateful!

Bonzai! I had made someone Happy with my Efforts!

So I looked over some of the Tables at some of the Information Pamphlets that were avaiable and then found a Seat.

I then noticed a member of my Druids Meetup Group known as Andrew-San and his Wife show up. They got there own Seats.

Then the Recital Started with a Scottish Piper Joe MacDonald marching in with the 6 or so Poets following. They then Marched around the Hall and then up onto the Stage with Joe MacDonald playing his Pipes.

They then introduced the Poets and then they started Reading their Poetry.

There was a Woman named Padma who read a couple of Poems. One she Recited that I found to be Fairly Good was about how a Peach is a Peachy Peach and how Great it is for a Peach to be a Peach and that a Peach has its own Form and Way and that the Clothes that are designed for a Pear would not be Good for a Peach, so a Peach should be Respected and Loved for being in it Peachy Form.

Then a Scholar of Robbie Burns George McWhirter got up and Recited a Robbie Burns Poem that was an Ode to a Field Mouse who had to deal with a Farmer's Plow having dug up its Burrow and made a mess of its Life.

Then a Poet named Scott Duncan got up and Recited a Poem he had Written that Chronicalled how a Gung Haggis Fat Choy Pub Crawl should be done with it being concluded with a Dinner of Peking Duck.

Then a Celtic Harpist Rebecca Blair got up on the Stage and Played two nice Celtic Tunes on her Standup Harp. They were Very Nice Tunes.

And the last Poem to be Read was by Todd Wong. But before he started, he made a Proclamation on how nice it was that Celtic Paganistic Peoples and Chinese Buddhistic Peoples were now getting along sooooo well. He then gave thanks for a Celtic Buddhist that was in the Audience that had been nice enough to give his Poetry Event an extra dose of Publicity.

He then Pointed Towrds Me and gave me Thanks from the Podium. I was Surprised! I Waved Back and to everyone around the Room and everyone gave me a bit of Applause!

I was Very Happy that he had given me Thanks and had given a bit of a Boost to the Concept of Celtic Buddhism!

Then the Piper Played a Bag Pipe Tune that he specially wrote for Gung Haggis Fat Choy.

And just before leaving, I went over and Greeted my Druid Meetup Member Andrew-San and thanked him for coming out to this Nice Event with his Wife.

I am now looking forward to Next Years Event of Gung Haggis Fat Choy.

Ki No Ronin - The Beast 3X3

PS:
    I am not sure, but I think I saw a Member of The Druid Network in the Audience.
    Islam
    Is Not A
    Religion
    Of Peace

8. #8 | 1120068
    Pagan forum moderator
    BC Team
    Canada

MAR

Konnichi Wa to All:

The Eight Spoked Wheel of Life is a Symbol Sacred to all Celtic Pagans and Buddhists.

In Celtic Paganis, it refers to Eight Sabbat Celebrations that mark the Occasions of Time that the Earth goes around the Sun each year.

They Are:
    Samhain - October 31st - November 1st
    Winter Solstice - December 22nd to 23rd
    Imbolc - Febuary 1st to 2nd
    Spring Equinox - March 22nd to 23rd
    Beltaine - May 1st to 2nd
    Summer Solstice - June 22nd to 23rd
    Lughnasad - August 1st to 2nd
    Autumnal Equinox - Sept 22nd to 23rd

In Buddhism, the Eight Spoke Wheel represents:

Wisdom -
    1. Right view
    2. Right intention
    Ethical conduct -
    3. Right speech
    4. Right action
    5. Right livelihood
    Mental discipline -
    6. Right effort
    7. Right mindfulness
    8. Right concentration

It is because it is the Site nearest to an Eight Spoke Wheel that I tend to like holding my Meetups at 6th Ave and 6th Str in New Westminster's White Spot Restaurant in Royal City Center.

Here is a Picture of the Eight Spoked Wheel in Red Brick that I found.

And there is a bit of Good Fortune that has befallen me.

After my Car Broke Down last Febuary, I have gone back into Landscaping for Fraser Stratacare.

In order to better tend to their Ladner Accounts, they have set up a small Depot in Burnaby with one of the Supervisors. Since I lived closest to that Supervisor, I have been put onto his Crew and he picks me up each Morning at 6:45am each Weekday Morning at 6th and 6th in New West.

The Best Thing about this arrangement is that for about 5 to 10 minutes each Weekday Morning, I get to Walk the Circle whilst doing some Mediations.

Ki No Ronin - 3X3
    Islam
    Is Not A
    Religion
    Of Peace

9. #9 | 1170114
    Pagan forum moderator
    BC Team
    Canada

JUN

I am going to a Japanese Buddhistic Lecture on July 5th at a Buddhistic Temple in Steveston area. I am invited to attend by my Buddhistic Tutor, the Bishop Rev Orai Fujikawa Sensei-San.

I consider this to being my 2nd Celtic Buddhistic Event.

That is no better time and place to commense the necessary Mediations that I have to do.

KNR - 3X3
    Islam
    Is Not A
    Religion
    Of Peace

10. #10 | 1172626
    Pagan forum moderator
    BC Team
    Canada

JUL

Konnichi Wa to All:

I went to the Japanese Buddhistic Temple in Steveston to have some Ecumenical Discussions with my Japanese Buddhistic Sensei Orai Fujikawa-San and listen to the lecture by his Friend Mas Kodani Sensei-San.

I arrived an hour early and got to visit with some of the Parisheners and got to enjoy having discussions with Fujikawa Sensei-San.

When the time came for the Lecture to start, four Japanese Buddhistic Priests came out. Along with Orai Fujikawa-San was his friend Mas Kodani Sensei-San, the Priest of the Buddhist Temple that is on Powell Street right across from Oppenheimer Park and another Priest from Toronto (Sumimasen, I forgot the last two Priest's Names).

After introductions where done, the Priests led the congregation in a Chant of the Sacred Promises. The congregation joined in the chant and it was very nice. It was done in Japanese and I only managed to understand some chunks of it.

Then the Priests read out the Chant in English and in the Chant, they mentioned something about gaining Buddhahood would bring Light to penetrating "The Ten Quarters". I had never heard of the Ten Quarters before.

Then Mas Kodani Sensei-San was introduced and he started his Lecture. He Lectured about Buddhistic Philosophy and how a most people have Egos where they Love themselves most of the time before caring more about others. He even did a humorous Funny Sketch Kissing Himself in order to demonstrate how a lot of People are Egotistic and Selfishly Love themselves before anyone else. I thought that his doing a bit of Comedy in his Lecture whilst Preaching Buddhistic Philosophy made things a lot more Enjoyable and Interesting. I enjoyed Kodani Sensei-San's Lecture a lot.

After he finished his Lecture, he asked for any Questions from the floor. I was sitting closest up front and I was first to put up my hand. I told Kodani Sensei-San that I was knowledgeable in Celtic Paganism and that in the Circles of Celtic Paganism, we what Four Sacred Quarters, but I had never heard of Ten Sacred Quarters. I pointed out that each Quarters represents North, South, East and West. I then asked what the Ten Sacred Quarters that was mentioned in the Opening Chants ment.

Kodani Sensei-San then explained that in the Ancient East Indians had Meditated on that issue many centuries before and came to the conclusion that not only the Sacred Quarters should be Honoured, but also North East, North West, Sout East, and South West. That adds up to 8 Sacred Two Dimensional Quarters, so in order to give those Quarters a Third Dimension, the Sacred Quarters of Up and Down are added. I thanked the Sensei-San for giving me a Good Answer that Enlightened me with New Knowledge.

While Kodani Sensei-San was taking some more Questions of Philosophy, he remarked how Time always has Past, Present and Future. He demonstrated how quick Present flashes by with taping onto the Wooden Pew. That was when I thought that there should be Three More Sacred Quarters added to the Ten. That is the Sacred Quarters of Past, Present and Future making 13 Sacred Quarters.

After the Lecture, I went to Kodani Sensei-San and complimented him on how he uses a bit of Comedy to make Buddhism more enjoyable for others. I then mingled in the crowd for a bit, then said Mata ne and Ki wo Tsuketekudasai to Orai Fujikawa Sensei-San and then went home.

I found the evening attending the Lecture at the Japanese Buddhistic Temple very much, and I hope to someday return to attend some more.

Ki No Ronin - The Beast 3X3
    Islam
    Is Not A
    Religion
    Of Peace

Thread Information