Need a Driver
Started by Katitude, 1st January 2006 21:43 in Computers, Phones & Gadgets

  1. #1 | 758647
    BC Member
    England

    Posts
    8,483
    JAN
    01
    2006

    Default Need a Driver

    With the computer, I got this Lexmark 3 in 1 scanner/printer/photocopier.

    With it came 2 installation discs, one for Mackintosh, one for Windows OS.

    The computer I have is running Win XP...........no specific installation disc for it, so I assumed that maybe the Windows OS was the disc I should use, so I did.

    Anyway it ran, starting installing the components, drivers, etc...........then it comes up and says that there is a missing file, please insert WinXP Home Edition.....only I didnt get a Win XP Home Edition disc with the puter, which I think I should have considering it was a brand new computer!

    It's asking me for the driver

    wiafbdrv.dll

    Anyone that has Win XP disc, can u please send me that driver in a zipped file/or where can I download this driver.

    What a carry on!!!

  2. #2 | 758649
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

    Posts
    60,771
    Likes
    3,687
    JAN
    01
    2006

    Default Re: Need a Driver


  3. #3 | 758650
    Fat, old hippy

    Posts
    21,506
    Likes
    315
    JAN
    01
    2006

    Default Re: Need a Driver

    I have a PC with Windows XP on it too, it was from PC World and came ready installed and so came with no discs. Stupid Idea! I suppose if worst coems to worst you could back up all your system files into a disc or something, as Windows is already installed the file you need must be somewhere on your poota already. Or maybe not.

  4. #4 | 758651
    BC Member
    England

    Posts
    19,877
    JAN
    01
    2006

  5. #5 | 758653
    BC Member
    England

    Posts
    8,483
    JAN
    01
    2006

    Default Re: Need a Driver

    its recommending that I use an unzip programme ExpressZip........could I use Winzip do you think?

    thanks reg

  6. #6 | 758655
    BC Member
    England

    Posts
    19,877
    JAN
    01
    2006

    Default Re: Need a Driver

    View Quoted Post In 758653 Katitude said:
    its recommending that I use an unzip programme ExpressZip........could I use Winzip do you think?
    thanks reg
    I would think so Kat

    Colonel

  7. #7 | 758657
    BC Member
    England

    Posts
    8,483
    JAN
    01
    2006

    Default Re: Need a Driver

    View Quoted Post In 758650 LadyLush said:
    I have a PC with Windows XP on it too, it was from PC World and came ready installed and so came with no discs. Stupid Idea! I suppose if worst coems to worst you could back up all your system files into a disc or something, as Windows is already installed the file you need must be somewhere on your poota already. Or maybe not.
    hmm youve a point that if windows xp is already installed, then this file should be there somewhere...........perhaps its a case of locating it??

    This puter came ready installed with win xp too, but youd think they would still provide a disc. What if we needed to reformat or something, what the bugger are we gonna reformat with??

  8. #8 | 758658
    BC Member
    England

    Posts
    8,483
    JAN
    01
    2006

    Default Re: Need a Driver

    View Quoted Post In 758655 Colonel said:
    I would think so Kat

    Colonel
    Thanks C. I might have a go at locating this file first, I didnt think to try and locate it when given the option to browse for the file.........

    If not successful then I will download it.
    Thing is, if I download it, where would I have to unzip the driver too? To windows?

  9. #9 | 758662
    BC Member
    England

    Posts
    19,877
    JAN
    01
    2006

    Default Re: Need a Driver

    I would download to C:\Temp then extract in the same directory and then click the driver and see what it says or does.

    Colonel

  10. #10 | 758663
    Fat, old hippy

    Posts
    21,506
    Likes
    315
    JAN
    01
    2006

    Default Re: Need a Driver

    View Quoted Post In 758658 Katitude said:
    Thanks C. I might have a go at locating this file first, I didnt think to try and locate it when given the option to browse for the file.........

    If not successful then I will download it.
    Thing is, if I download it, where would I have to unzip the driver too? To windows?


    Unzip it straight to your desktop, it will install automatically. Or it should do.

 


Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)


Tags for this Thread

BC Forums Create Account Today's Posts Activity Stream Latest Likes
  • Quick Links
  •  
    Make A Donation To BC