Need a Driver
Started by Katitude, 1st January 2006 21:43 in Computers, Phones & Gadgets

1. #1 | 758647
    BC Member
    England

JAN

Default Need a Driver

With the computer, I got this Lexmark 3 in 1 scanner/printer/photocopier.

With it came 2 installation discs, one for Mackintosh, one for Windows OS.

The computer I have is running Win XP...........no specific installation disc for it, so I assumed that maybe the Windows OS was the disc I should use, so I did.

Anyway it ran, starting installing the components, drivers, etc...........then it comes up and says that there is a missing file, please insert WinXP Home Edition.....only I didnt get a Win XP Home Edition disc with the puter, which I think I should have considering it was a brand new computer!

It's asking me for the driver

wiafbdrv.dll

Anyone that has Win XP disc, can u please send me that driver in a zipped file/or where can I download this driver.

What a carry on!!!

2. #2 | 758649
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

JAN

Default Re: Need a Driver

3. #3 | 758650
    Fat, old hippy

JAN

I have a PC with Windows XP on it too, it was from PC World and came ready installed and so came with no discs. Stupid Idea! I suppose if worst coems to worst you could back up all your system files into a disc or something, as Windows is already installed the file you need must be somewhere on your poota already. Or maybe not.

4. #4 | 758651
    BC Member
    England

JAN

5. #5 | 758653
    BC Member
    England

JAN

its recommending that I use an unzip programme ExpressZip........could I use Winzip do you think?

thanks reg

6. #6 | 758655
    BC Member
    England

JAN

View Quoted Post In 758653 Katitude said:
    its recommending that I use an unzip programme ExpressZip........could I use Winzip do you think?
    thanks reg
    I would think so Kat

Colonel

7. #7 | 758657
    BC Member
    England

JAN

View Quoted Post In 758650 LadyLush said:
    I have a PC with Windows XP on it too, it was from PC World and came ready installed and so came with no discs. Stupid Idea! I suppose if worst coems to worst you could back up all your system files into a disc or something, as Windows is already installed the file you need must be somewhere on your poota already. Or maybe not.
    hmm youve a point that if windows xp is already installed, then this file should be there somewhere...........perhaps its a case of locating it??

This puter came ready installed with win xp too, but youd think they would still provide a disc. What if we needed to reformat or something, what the bugger are we gonna reformat with??

8. #8 | 758658
    BC Member
    England

JAN

View Quoted Post In 758655 Colonel said:
    I would think so Kat

Colonel
    Thanks C. I might have a go at locating this file first, I didnt think to try and locate it when given the option to browse for the file.........

If not successful then I will download it.
    Thing is, if I download it, where would I have to unzip the driver too? To windows?

9. #9 | 758662
    BC Member
    England

JAN

I would download to C:\Temp then extract in the same directory and then click the driver and see what it says or does.

Colonel

10. #10 | 758663
    Fat, old hippy

JAN

View Quoted Post In 758658 Katitude said:
    Thanks C. I might have a go at locating this file first, I didnt think to try and locate it when given the option to browse for the file.........

If not successful then I will download it.
    Thing is, if I download it, where would I have to unzip the driver too? To windows?

Unzip it straight to your desktop, it will install automatically. Or it should do.

Thread Information