Started by bingo, 21st April 2005 01:03 in Computers, Phones & Gadgets

1. #21 | 623834
    Hammond and May out
    England

APR

Default Re: Aaaaarrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh

View Quoted Post In 623832 bingo said:
    so it is skin tissue. and not found in saliva
    Could be found in saliva Bingo. There's more in Google if you type in the word. Diagrams too.
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.
    Fork Me is a decent type, pity he's such a twat!

2. #22 | 623845
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

APR

'Epithelial' tissue is basically skin tissue that covers and lines the body. As well as covering the outside of the body, epithelial cells cover the inside too. They cover all the body organs, for example the organs of the digestive system and line the body cavities such as the inside of the chest cavity and the abdominal cavity.

Deff skin cells dunno why i'm looking ain't gonna help me in the game lol
    Wisdom argues, faith follows.

3. #23 | 623937
    BC Member
    Norway

APR

You should watch the programme more closely Bingo - when they take DNA directly from a suspect they take a swab from inside the mouth.

Aren't the Miami and NY spin-offs a disappointment?

*Just re-read the posts. It was skin cells I was referring to also. As an example, think of a cigarette butt found at the scene of a crime: the fingers will have touched it most, but any dropped skin cells will have just bounced off, while saliva from the mouth will capture any cells sloughed off from the gums as it is sticky, plus it will 'glue' the skin cells to the butt when it dries and hardens.

4. #24 | 623942
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

APR

View Quoted Post In 623937 Monodactyl said:
    You should watch the programme more closely Bingo - when they take DNA directly from a suspect they take a swab from inside the mouth.

Aren't the Miami and NY spin-offs a disappointment?

You are correct, but those swaps are not saliva they are skin cells from the interior where they are more concentrated.

Yep, Miami would be OK if weren't for the Barbie doll blond, her voice grates. NY is better than Miami, I do like Gary Sinese, mind you David caruso is OK too
    Wisdom argues, faith follows.

5. #25 | 623966
    BC Member
    Norway

APR

View Quoted Post In 623942 bingo said:
    You are correct, but those swaps are not saliva they are skin cells from the interior where they are more concentrated.
    Was 'swapping saliva' a Freudian slip?

I don't think skin is more 'concentrated' in the mouth, it just adheres to the swab better because it is damp... with saliva.
    Saliva is an excellent medium for gathering cells - it draws things in and traps them. If your gum bleeds you will also notice that saliva pulls the blood cells in and spreads it around your mouth.

Yep, Miami would be OK if weren't for the Barbie doll blond, her voice grates. NY is better than Miami, I do like Gary Sinese, mind you David caruso is OK too
    I don't think the characters are very well developed. I can't stand Caruso (but would give the Barbie one). I was looking forward to NY because of Gary Sinise (but I wouldn't give him one), but he's just another 'intense, like Grissom' copy. Plus I hate the way the characters all stand together explaining what happens when "x happens to y", which is obviously for the benefit of the audience, and also how the NY pathologist pulls things out of the bodies as he explains what he's found: if he found "a button in the nasal cavity" during the autopsy then pulling it out to show the CSI team means he must have stuck it back in again!

Thread Information