Started by KiNoRonin, 5th October 2004 17:07 in Paganism & Divinatory Arts

1. #41 | 552791
    Pagan forum moderator
    BC Team
    Canada

NOV

Default Re: Ki No Ronin's Tarot Card Journal

View Quoted Post In Post 552561 sphinx said:
    I am finding this thread most interesting, Kino. Do you feel that the cards are really important to you? And do they tell the truth?
    Why thank you very much for the encouragement.

Would you like a Reading done for you?

I could shuffle my Deck and do a simple Three Card Past, Present, and Future Spread for you?

Let me know.

Right now, I am doing the "Problem at Work" Spread for myself as the Apartment Building I manage has a High Vacancy Rate and I am wondering it the Tarot Cards can point me out the Problem, and possible Solutions to the Problems.

KNR
    Islam
    Is Not A
    Religion
    Of Peace

2. #42 | 552989
    Pagan forum moderator
    BC Team
    Canada

NOV

Konnichi Wa to All:

I have done a personal Tarot Card Spread using the "Trouble At Work" Spread. I did the Reading in order to try to devine out what is going to happen in the next 3 or 4 months.

The trouble is, due to the success of the local Condominium Industry, the availablity of good new Tenants has been rather scarse in the last year, and the Apartment Building I am trying to manage has a High Vacancy Rate, and in the last couple of days, three other tenants have given their One Months Notice, so my Vacancy Rate is going to get even higher.

So the Spread I dealt went like this:

Card #1: Strength
    Card #2: Four of Cups
    Card #3: Star
    Card #4: Hanged Man
    Card #5: Eight of Wands
    Card #6: Devil
    Card #7: Magician
    Card #8: Nine of Cups
    Card #9: Knight of Cups
    Card #10: Two of Wands

Cards 1 and 2 indicates what the problem is, and after looking over the meanings of the Strength and Four of Cups Cards, I have come up with the following reading:

Since these cards indicates what the problems are, I have used the negative aspects of their meanings in order to devine out what they mean.

The Strength's Negative Rider/Waite Meaning is:
    "Power wrongly used. Defeat. Lack of willpower. Feelings of inadequacy. Pessimism. Surrender to unworthy impulses. Tyranny. Concession. Inability to act."

The Four of Cups Negative Rider/Waite Meaning is:
    "All kinds of excess, ill health or fatigue as a result of over indulgence. The overturning of a way of life. Rapid change resulting in new anxieties. Excitement for its own sake that brings little or fleeting pleasure. A low boredom threshold."

I can easily understand the problems that these Cards indicate. Due to Massive Pessimism of Strangers who ring up looking for Apartments to Rent Out, I may have had the occasion of turning away some perfectly good Tenancy Applicants. I also may have overly abused my Power when I was going about getting my Apartment Building inducted into the New West Crime Free Multihousing Program which may have put some People off. The Four of Cups may indicate that I may have lost some Respect as well as some of my Heath and Fatigue as a result of some of my Over Indulgences in Eating and Drinking at the Local Pub. I guess I do that in order to help releave some of the Boredom of doing this kind of work every once in a while, and maybe I have been Over Indulging for that last Year or so.

Card 3 indicates how the querent feels about the problem:

The Star Card indicates that I feels that I have the Previous Experiences necessary for me to Heal the Problems of this Apartment Building's High Vacancy Rate, thus refreshing me so that I can pick up the Journey to my Goal of having a Fully Occupied Building once again.

Card 4 indicates how the querent is responding to the problem:

The Hanged Man Card represents Sacrifice in that much is given up of something important and necessary, but simply a cutting away of that which would otherwise be a obstacle.

I think that refers to the fact that I have always been trying to do (as I always have done) is trying to trim away as much waste of the Building, and have been trying to operate the Building as cheaply as possible while trying to ride these Bad Times of High Vacancy Rate Out.

Card 5 indicates how the problem is affecting the querent emotionally:

The Eight of Wands suggests that the Querent is having trouble what the Universe has thrown at them. They may have genuinely wanted the opportunities the Universe sent them, but suddenly they've got so many that they don't know what to do!

I feel that this indicates that I have been emotionally strained by the sudden overload of Vacant Suites that I am now at a state of not knowing what to do next, as I have already done everything I that I have done before that has been able to solve the problem, but to no avail.

Card 6 indicates how the problem is affecting the querent mentally:

I drew the Devil Card!

The Devil Card could indicate an Unhealthy Obsession with something, be it Sex, Money, a Person, etc. This could include my Obsession in always taking pride in running a nice efficient Apartment Building.

Sometimes, the Devil Card that the Querent may be either Scapegoating somebody else, that they are being Scapegoated themselves.

This could indicate that I have been Mentally affected by soooooo many bad applicants coming by that I have been afflicted with the Mental disorder of being tooo overly Pessimistic about the type of people coming to apply for occupancy for my Apartment Building. That disorder could have manifested itself in my now feeling bond up in a Inescapeable Situation with a Obsessive Desire to operate nice efficient Apartment Buildings.

Card 7 indicates how the problem is affecting the other aspects of the querent’s life:

The Magician Card indicates someone who is Highly Skilled at what they do, and if told they are unable to do something, will try to do it simply to prove that statement wrong. I have always been able to run efficient Apartement Buildings through slight of Hand and Tricks of Fate. But a person with that kind of aspect in their life could be deceiving and cannot be Trusted, and I may have affected the Tenants to think that I am a Fraud and can not be Trusted, so that may be why a lot of Tenants are suddenly giving notice to move out.

Card 8 indicates how the querent should be responding to the problem:

The Nine of Cup's Common Image is that of a Plump Happy Looking Man dressed in Luxurous Garments, which talks about Contentment with One's Life. The Advice for this Card is that I should make the most of all this, start feeling more satisfied with the way things are going, and to be more open with their Emotions and share with others.

Luckily, I have an Employeer with whom I have no Fear of being Open with my Emotions, so that Advice will be easily adopted.

Card 9 indicates how they can overcome the problem:

Knight of Cups advises the querent to be more open with their emotions, but not to set their expectations of people too high. This card can also signify a new relationship or lover coming on the scene.

This may indicate that I may have my expectations in life a bit too high, and that I may need Help from a New Relationship coming on the Scene to help sort things out.

Card 10 indicates the Final Outcome:

Two of Wands represents that waiting time, when we've put the Work in, laid the Plans down, and I just now need to wait for it to come to Fruition. However, this Card can also point to a Standstill where we suddenly become a bit stuck, and just need to Wait for a Solution to arise. The Card advices me to be Patient and to wait for a solution to come to them.

This Card indicates to me that so long as I continue to Work my usual Plans of Building Operations and be Patient, the resolution to my Problems with my Works will eventually sort themselves out.

End of Reading

KNR
    Islam
    Is Not A
    Religion
    Of Peace

3. #43 | 553084
    Pagan forum moderator
    BC Team
    Canada

NOV

Konnichi Wa to All:

Nove 3rd.

Here is my Morning Memorization Tarot Card: The Devil Card!!!

This card indicates someone or a situation that involves lack of Self Control, Addictions and Pessimisms.

Its Rider/Waite Meaning is:

"Money matters. Feeling the burden of the material side of life. Desire for physical and material things. Feeling of frustration and oppression. A tendency to collect and hoard money and material objects. Lust. Sexual obsession. The querent's knowledge of his or her own needs, wants and desires. Security versus creative or spiritual fulfillment"

This card basically means that when someone lets their own Private Desires and Ambitions to Influence their Better Wisdoms or Judgements.

I hope this does not mean that someone is going to lose control of their Personal Passions in my face today.

KNR
    Islam
    Is Not A
    Religion
    Of Peace

4. #44 | 553382
    Pagan forum moderator
    BC Team
    Canada

NOV

Konnichi Wa to All:

Nove 4th.

Last night, I was on a Wicca Paganistic Chat Room when I find the following Past, Present, Future Draw in relation to her Employment History.

I shuffled the Deck, and drew the following Cards:

Past: Devil
    Present: 3 Wands.
    Future: Page of Swords

The Devil means:
    Obviously, she had lost some sort of past job due to some sort a Addiction or inability to control her better Passions, and that is why she was out of work at up to about 2 months ago.

She denied having lost a job in the Past due to influenses of the Devil Card, but who would.

The 3 of Wands means:
    This Card refers to Co-operation, Teamwork, Unity, Partnership, and Opportunities. This obviously means her present employment is doing well and she is having fun working in a good team oriented environment.

The Page of Swords means:
    Creativity and Inventiveness. This could mean that in the Future, the Querent will be able to use a lot of Inventiveness and Creativity to help making her work environment Happier and Better for all. This could indicate a promotion so that she could impliment her Ideas and Improvements.

Then someone else got onto Chat, and announced that they had bought a Dancing Singing Electonic Witch for Halloween.

I decided to shuffle my Deck and make a draw to see how long this Doll will last before getting Damaged or Breaking.

I Shuffled my Deck and drew the Nine of Pentacle.

That indicates that Rewards that will be Fertile and vastly enjoyed. I devined from this that the Electronic Witch will be nicely taken care of, and she will have it to enjoy for at least the next 4 to 6 months.

Now for my Morning Memorization Draw.

Shuffle, shuffle, shuffle, cut Cards and flip: Six of Cups.

The Card pictures a Happy Rich Person with Six Cups that are overflowing with Flowers, and the Person is throwing to other People handfulls of flowers.

This Card's Rider/Waite meaning is:

"Harmony, past associations have brought present relationships. A sense of the past. Happiness that results from past efforts. Pleasant memories and the realization of a dream. Can also indicate new elements entering one's life which are linked to the past, which will work through the present to create the future."

In Tarot 101, the Card indicates a very pleasurable Time ahead, and a time of Generosity and Gift Giving to Friends. The Card refers to Pleasure, Nostalgia, Looking for Happier Times, Generosity, Gifts, and Giving.

Ki No Ronin
    Islam
    Is Not A
    Religion
    Of Peace

5. #45 | 554080
    Pagan forum moderator
    BC Team
    Canada

NOV

Konnichi Wa to All:

Here is my Daily Memorization Draw. It is the Knight of Wands.

On the Light and Shadow Deck, the Knight is astride a Lion, and is brandishing 2 Spears or Wands. The Sun is in the background.

"A lover of action, this is the card of someone who has a well-liked, energetic, confident, but sometimes unpredictable nature. He has an engaging temperament and his actions sometimes a little swift do tend to make sense with hindsight."

In the Tarot 101 Course I am taking, the Rider/Waite Meaning is touched upon, but the Course says it also indicates somebody who is stell searching towards become a fully individualised persons. It could represent a young person who is going through that 'searching' phase. It could represent an attitude the Querent needs to have in order to solve a problem or improve his or her Life.

It advises the Querent to not be afraid to try new things, and to be Brave.

Ki No Ronin
    Islam
    Is Not A
    Religion
    Of Peace

6. #46 | 554478
    Pagan forum moderator
    BC Team
    Canada

NOV

Konnichi Wa to All:

It is Saturday Morning and I am now doing my Daily Memorization Draw.

It is the Four of Cups.

I have the Light and Shadow Deck and the I have found that the L&S Deck's Meaning for the Four of Cups Picture is totally different and the Meaning is only somewhat similar to the Classic Rider/Waite Meaning.

The Rider/Waite Meaning is:

"Time to re-evaluate an all too familiar environment, dissatisfaction and boredom. The need to search for a more stimulating way of life. Apathy, dwelling on past experience. Love that turns to familiarity. Happiness that has reached its peak. Possibly the establishment of a family."

The only part of the Meaning from the Book that comes with L&S Deck that is anywhere near similar to the Rider/Waite Meaning is when it refers to Dangers of Overindulgences, Drowning in Abundance, Embarrassment of Riches.

This Card actually came up in my Problem At Work Spread. Since drawing this Card in that Spread, I have not had a single Drink and have not gone off to the Pub since. I used to go off to the Pub about 3 or 4 times a week, but since the Tarot Cards have pointed out that is one of the Causes of some of my Problems at Work, I definitely decided to really cut down on that sort of thing.

Ki No Ronin
    Islam
    Is Not A
    Religion
    Of Peace

7. #47 | 554489
    Important staff person.
    Unbiased admin.
    BC Team
    South Africa

NOV

View Quoted Post In Post 552791 KiNoRonin said:
    Why thank you very much for the encouragement.

Would you like a Reading done for you?

I could shuffle my Deck and do a simple Three Card Past, Present, and Future Spread for you?

Let me know.
    Yes please......what do I have to do?
    They who walk in silence hang the innocent and set the guilty free.

8. #48 | 555179
    Pagan forum moderator
    BC Team
    Canada

NOV

Konnichi Wa to Sphinx-San:

Ok, here goes:

Shuffle, shuffle, shuffle, Cut Cards and Flip, Flip, Flip.

Past: Ace of Wands
    Present: Queen of Wands
    Future: Hermit Card

The first thing I would like to say is this Three Card Spread is dominated by the suite of Wands which represents Business aspects of ones life.

The Ace of Wands points to the Creative Process, or it could point to a Great Achievement through the direction of one's energies towards a Goal. This obviously means you have had a very Fertile and Active Past, and have been able to achieve a lot of what you wished for. This is a very good card to get for representing your past. It shows that you have always been a good Achiever.

The Queen of Wands shows that you are Sensuality at its Best, and you know how to make People Love, Adore, and Look Up to you. You know how to make the most of your Best Qualities in order to Gain what you want. This card also advises you to be more Friendly to People you would not otherwise be Friendly with.

The Hermit Card indicates Spiritual Awakenings and Wisdom. It could mean tht it is time for you to "take a breather" or "go it alone for a while". This card could mean that you are about to begin on a New Spiritual Path, or a desire to Help Others and to Teach. This cards advisory aspect suggest taht you should start looking for Answers within yourself instead of from external things.

I think this spread shows that you have had a good past on a business level and are now enjoying the Love and Attention others give you right now. In the near Future, you will have good spiritual awakenings while in a state of solitude, which you will then share with others (most likely in the Pagans Forum of BC).

This is a Spread with good Karma allllllllll over it.

Ki No Ronin
    Islam
    Is Not A
    Religion
    Of Peace

9. #49 | 555242
    Important staff person.
    Unbiased admin.
    BC Team
    South Africa

NOV

Thank you KiNo, that is very interesting indeed. I have sent you a pm.
    They who walk in silence hang the innocent and set the guilty free.

10. #50 | 555272
    Pagan forum moderator
    BC Team
    Canada

NOV

Konnichi Wa to Sphinx-San:

My Tarot Mentor will be Happy to Hear of your satisfaction with my Reading.

Now for my Daily Memorization Draw.

November 7th.

Shuffle, shuffle, shuffle, cut and flip: The Ten of Swords!

This Card basically pictures a Body lying prone on the ground and has been pinned there by Ten Swords having been put through his Back.

I was just studying this Card in a recent lesson of Tarot 101 course. It is the card that warns of Betrayal, and that you will meet a Bad End Nastily.

"Ruin, desolation, disruption, although generally this refers to a group rather than an individual. Sorrow, sudden misfortune, accidents, muggings or personal robbery. There is some cause for optimism; as the lowest point in the cycle, from now on things can only get better the worst is over."

I actually have a bit of a Story concerning the Ten of Swords.

In the year 2000, I took work Managing and Maintaining Three Apartment Buildings in Calgary. I moved to Calgary lock stock and barrel, and set up business managing these 3 buildings.

Basically, I ended up Betrayed, Stabbed in the Back, and Fired. I was completely ruined!

Fortunately, the Property Management Firm I work for in Vancouver found out that I had been Fired, they hired me back to look after an Apartment Building in New West BC, and for a little bit more money.

Anyways, when I got started studying Tarot 101, I started off by doing a few "What If" singe card draws.

I decided one night to do a Single Card Draw while concentrating on the Question: "Tarot, If I had consulted you before making the decision to take that job in Calgary, what would have turned up?"

I turned up the Ten of Swords.

Ki No Ronin
    Islam
    Is Not A
    Religion
    Of Peace

Thread Information