Ki No Ronin's Tarot Card Journal
Started by KiNoRonin, 5th October 2004 17:07 in Paganism & Divinatory Arts

1. #11 | 541642
    BC Member
    Scotland

OCT

Default Re: Ki No Ronin's Tarot Card Journal

I find it quaint that you comment on the similarities in the meanings of the various cards. Any good reader will be able to read with any pack as the cards and the 'story' behind them is the same no matter what the picures on them depict.
    As for those meanings they are really only guides, and the cards used for readings should be the ones the reader is most happy with. Over time the various cards individual meanings will become more 'personalised' to the reader rather like certain images in dreams mean basically the same trends when dreamt by one person though they can mean something entirely different to another dreamer.
    I do believe it is possible to 'learn' to read Tarot to at least a basic level but I also believe the 'true' reader has to be in tune with the cards and a lot of the reading is actually subliminal and not merely what the booklet describes each card as indicating.

2. #12 | 541690
    Fluffed out
    England

OCT

The seven of swords seems uncannily apt for what's just happened, sadly. In my deck, it's called "Unstable Effort" - suggesting a loss at the point when victory appeared within grasp. Given that attempts to free Ken Bigley were looking hopeful very recently, and now he's been murdered (presumably beheaded), both the "loss on the point of victory" and the "swords" seem relevant.

3. #13 | 541729
    Pagan forum moderator
    BC Team
    Canada

OCT

That was a draw for the Future, not the Present.

Anyways, I just got back from the Pub and I had an encounter that is worth noting.

I was having a few Beers with a couple of guys when one of them said he was the exboyfriend of an former Female Tenant who used to Live in The Apartment Building I Manage.

We exchanged Jokes about our common Relations with her and so.

To put the story short, I found Mrs. X so Rude and Disruptive that I ended up having to evict her out. Let us just say that she was a real B I T C H !

After the Ex-Boyfriend left, I was still drinking with his Buddy, and I decided that I would do a One Card Future Spread to see if she would ever become Married.

I drew the Ten of Pentacles.

That is the Card for Fruitful Times Ahead. That indicated that She may have good luck in that regards ahead.

I laughed, as I knew what kind of Emotional Tortures that guy was in for being Married to her.

Ki No Ronin
    Islam
    Is Not A
    Religion
    Of Peace

4. #14 | 541831
    Pagan forum moderator
    BC Team
    Canada

OCT

Konnichi Wa to All:

October 9th

It is now time for my Daily Tarot Card Memorization Draw.

But first, I should make it note that while I was at my Pub having Beers, I did a series of Memorization Draws and during those, the Seven of Swords came up two more times. This card coming up so many times reminded me of my Memorial Draw that I made for Kenneth Bigley's Future Incarnation.

Anyways, here is Todays Daily Draw:

Shuffling, Shuffling, Shuffling, Cut and Flip:

Nine of Cups, and its meaning is:

"An assured future, satisfaction, contentment and physical well being. Overcoming difficulty. Emotional stability, a benign outlook. Inner security which radiates a general aura of goodwill. Liberality, generosity of spirit, feelings of well-being."

The meaning in the Light and Shadow Deck, which I have, is pretty much the same.

Ki No Ronin
    Islam
    Is Not A
    Religion
    Of Peace

5. #15 | 541835
    Pagan forum moderator
    BC Team
    Canada

OCT

View Quoted Post In Post 541642, Mags said:
    I find it quaint that you comment on the similarities in the meanings of the various cards. Any good reader will be able to read with any pack as the cards and the 'story' behind them is the same no matter what the picures on them depict.
    As for those meanings they are really only guides, and the cards used for readings should be the ones the reader is most happy with. Over time the various cards individual meanings will become more 'personalised' to the reader rather like certain images in dreams mean basically the same trends when dreamt by one person though they can mean something entirely different to another dreamer.
    I do believe it is possible to 'learn' to read Tarot to at least a basic level but I also believe the 'true' reader has to be in tune with the cards and a lot of the reading is actually subliminal and not merely what the booklet describes each card as indicating.

That was advice that comes in the first 9 or so lessons of WitchSchool.com's course Tarot 101 Course.

Did you take Tarot 101 from WitchSchool.com?

Ki No Ronin
    Islam
    Is Not A
    Religion
    Of Peace

6. #16 | 542292
    BC Member
    Scotland

OCT

View Quoted Post In Post 541835, KiNoRonin said:
    That was advice that comes in the first 9 or so lessons of WitchSchool.com's course Tarot 101 Course.

Did you take Tarot 101 from WitchSchool.com?

Ki No Ronin
    Nope!

7. #17 | 542368
    Pagan forum moderator
    BC Team
    Canada

OCT

Konnichi Wa to All:

October 10th.

Here is today's Memorization Draw from my Light and Shadow Tarot Deck.

Today, I have Drawn the Three of Swords.

Its Rider/Waite Meaning is:

"Sorrow and extreme pain. With a positive view in end: upheaval, separation, disruption and discord. Heartbreak, tears, strife, conflict. The clearing of that which is obsolete to make way for that to come. Establishment of something better."

I looked at the Picture and meaning of the Light and Shadow Deck of the Three of Swords and compared it to the Rider/Waite Deck and both Pictures and Meanings of the Two Cards are almost exactly identicle.

It should be noted that it is funny that this card should come up as I am going to my Fathers place for Canadian Thanksgiving Dinner tonight. The thing is, Last Wednesday, he fell down and Broke His Ankle really badly, so this is a Sad event and we are going over to his place in order to help make him feel better.

Ki No Ronin
    Islam
    Is Not A
    Religion
    Of Peace

8. #18 | 542371
    BC Member
    England

OCT

Have a Happy ThanksGiving KinoRonin.

I didn't know that Canadians celebrated Thanksgiving on a different date to Americans......

You learn something new every day

9. #19 | 542930
    Pagan forum moderator
    BC Team
    Canada

OCT

Konnichi Wa to All:

October 11th.

I made my Daily Memorization Draw of the Day and I got the Queen of Pentacles.

The Meaning of the Cards is:

"A capable and practical businesswoman, who enjoys her material comforts. She has a responsible attitude to her wealth and uses it to advance the fortunes of those in her inner circle. She is neither particularly bright nor insightful, but has depth of feeling, with an appreciation of life's pleasures.'

I have found the Light and Shadow Queen of Pentacles Meaning is somewhat different that the Rider/Waite Meaning, which goes:

"Rules over all qualities associated with Earth: fertility, cycles, seasons, material riches, primordial Wisdom. Closely tied to the Spirit of the Soil, she fosters birth and invention. In Life, the Queen appears as a woman with great internal riches, well grounded, spiritually fertile, close to Nature".

I have found the L&S Deck's Meaning is more in line with Tarot 101 Course's is more in line with the Empress's Meaning, and the Rider/Waite Meaning is more in line with the Strength Card.

I will have to ask my Tarot Mentor to clear up this indescrepancy.

Ki No Ronin
    Islam
    Is Not A
    Religion
    Of Peace

10. #20 | 542966
    Fluffed out
    England

OCT

View Quoted Post In Post 542292, Mags said:
    Nope!